New to The Bump

Totally new to this

Hi all,

My name is Danielle or Dani for short and I'm pregnant with my first. It came as quite a shock to my fiance- Alek and I as I was on the Depo Provera shot at the time of conception. I am only 21 years old too so being a mom is something I never would have thought about until maybe 5 or 6 years in the future. But the baby is here and everday we grow more and more excited not to mention nervous at the prospect of being new parents. I never knew pregnancy was such an ordeal. Many people say its such a joy and super fun to be pregnant but I find it quite challenging. I have had horrible hormones up the wazoo and since this is my first baby I am constantly worrying about if whats happening to me is normal. The biggest problem I seem to face is lonliness. I have really good friends, a supportive family, and a loving fiance but unfortunately no one my age that I know of is pregnant so I feel like a lone ranger so to speak. It would be really nice to get to know some other young mommies on here:] I am currently 20 weeks and 2 days pregnant and we find out the sex tm!!!!! I'm so excited. I'll keep you all updated! Thanks for reading

~Dani

Re: Totally new to this

• Hi, Dani. funny this is what my mom calls me. My name is Daniece (Da Niece) some ppl pronounce it wrong. Well I am 27 and I have been married to my husband for 6 1/2 yrs. this is our first child as well. I think no matter how much love and support we have because of  these changing hormones we often tend to still feel lonely from time to time. I am also 20 weeks I am so anxious in between U/S to make sure that the baby is doing fine. Since I still havent really felt noticeable movement yet like those hard kick to the rib or stomach etc. I often wonder if everything is ok with my growing child. well I go for my next appt to the doctor or June 24th. but again for that lonliness feeling I guess this is the best place to be so you can have someone to talk to that understand what your experiecing.  I have a friend who just found out she is 3 mos pregnant and we talk just about everyday but I still have that lonliness thing going still; you know everyone has the own life and problems so you cant expect someone to give you that 24hrs or at least 18 hrs of attention that you crave more that your now pregnant. Pregnancy is an exciting thing to go through you never know how exciting until you actually going through. I cant wait until my next U/S I pray everything goes well. Anyway talk to you later Dani. Take care.
  • CTri17CTri17 member
    welcome
    ~Christina S~ EST: 9/27/08        *May 2015 Jan. Signature Challenge-
                                                     You had one job- Parents magazine

BFP-3/17/14 --M/C 4/25/14

• Loading the player...
  • Hi and welcome!

First time moms really do have it tough for so many of the reasons you listed. And especially since you don't have close friends at the stage you're at in life.

Pregnancy is not easy, but you'll find hundreds of other women here who are right there with you.  Play around with the different boards over there to the left of the screen and hopefully you'll find one that fits your style. Good luck!

• Thank you so much that was so very encouraging. I appreciate all the answers I got to this post:] I can feel the baby move now and trust me you will too very very soon! its such an exciting and amazing feeling. I just went to my ultrasound appt. today and found out that we are having a little boy, and my fiance and I both wanted a boy so we are esctatic! You're appt. happens to fall on my birthday so i will make a wish that you have a great appt. and everything turns out happy and healthy for you:] Good luck and I will ttyl!

• Congratulations on your baby boy!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"