January 2011 Moms

Ok, 10 weekers calm my nerves about symptoms!

I'm really not liking the fact that I'm feeling better!!!!  My nausea only happened for about 10 min yesterday and my boobs don't hurt at all anymore, other then a random slight nipple ache, I'm just still tired and a little congested all the sudden. 

I know they say  it's ok b/c I'm getting close to the 12 week point but it's making me nervous, I was hoping the queasy/boob pain would stick around until atleast my next appt so I wouldn't worry.

Re: Ok, 10 weekers calm my nerves about symptoms!

• I'm 10 weeks (ticker's wrong) and my symptoms have come and gone since my BFP. It's completely normal to have symptom free days or for your symptoms to vanish at the 10 week point.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Around 10/11 weeks my symptoms went all wierd. First, extra awful, then nearly gone. Now today I'm a mess. I'm sure you're fine! The placenta starts taking over hormone something or other around 10 weeks and that often causes a decrease in symptoms.

But don't get too comfortable, because you never know when they will return!

• Loading the player...
  • seriously, relax. it's normal.
  • Knock on wood...I'm starting to feel better.  The nausea is less frequent and and not as bad when it comes.  My boobs are less sore as well.  I'm still pretty tired, but I'm usually like that.  We're almost in second tri, when you usually feel a lot better!   
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Totally normal.  2 days ago I was fine...just tired.  Today is looking like a bad day (it really comes and goes till it just all of a sudden goes).
  • My night nausea is virtually gone and my extreme fatigue is only mild fatigue now. I saw my ob at 10 weeks 2 days and told her my symptoms are mostly gone and she said it was normal and I should be thankful not worried. Also got to hear the hb via doppler 170 bpm. So that calmed me down.
  • imageCC.to.be:
    My night nausea is virtually gone and my extreme fatigue is only mild fatigue now. I saw my ob at 10 weeks 2 days and told her my symptoms are mostly gone and she said it was normal and I should be thankful not worried. Also got to hear the hb via doppler 170 bpm. So that calmed me down.

Good to hear your Dr said it.....I know it's normal but it still gets me a little nervous b/c it's nice to just feel something

• At about 9.5 weeks my nausea went away almost completely - although one day this week I did get sick in the AM then was fine for the rest of the day. I was a bit concerned too...after feeling sick for a month everyday, it was a difference I wasn't expecting.

Luckily my boobs are still very sore, I'm still exhausted, and still peeing every hour and a half. But I have heard that around now it's very common to lose the m/s....

• With DS my symptoms went away about 10 weeks as well, and it felt very sudden.  He's 2 now.
    DS 04.25.08 DS 03.14.12 missed m/c 9w1d :: 6.18.10 :: d&c | missed m/c 9w3d :: 11.2.10 :: d&c
  • My symptoms have decreased also. No m/s for a week now, and my boobs only hurt a little. Still have the bloat though, wish that one would calm down!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I'm not a 10 weeker, but I can tell you that starting about a weeks ago I had lost most if not all of my symptoms for a few days. But now I'm at 11 weeks and the symptoms are back, and I'm still here, and still pregnant. Don't worry about the lapse in symptoms, the placenta starts to take over and gives you a break.
    DD1 01/09/11 DD2 10/31/12 #3 EDD 10/22/14--Stick baby stick! Always in my heart, 4 sweet angels 2/10, 10/11, 12/11 & 10/13
  • At the 10 week check in twoish weeks ago, I was surprised at how many of us were reporting less symptoms. Alas, mine are now back with a vengeance.
  • Yesterday, I didn't even feel pregnant besides the bloat.. today.. woke up sick as a dog.. can't even keep a Zofran down...
  • I will be 11 weeks tomorrow and this past week, I have been experiencing a lot less symptoms.  To me, this has been my fat week.  I can no longer button any of my pants, yet I do not think I look pregnant yet.
  • Don't worry!  Right at 10 weeks my nausea is almost gone and I am also a bit more tired and VERY congested.  I guess it's normal...but it does make me wonder!
  • My boobs don't hurt anymore (but my nipples itch). My nausea is still there, but nothing like it was a few weeks ago. I'm still tired a lot, but again, not like I was where I was sleeping half the day away (and the night).

I think it's normal once you get close to the end of the first trimester. At least I hope so :)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • From what I've read, the yolk sac will shrink now that the baby has developed to the early fetus stage and the placenta building should almost be done at this point, so you should be feeling less fatigued (no longer having that 'fall on your face' type).

My cousin, who's 7.5 months pg, told me that her m/s and fatigue went away at week 10. I'm hoping that's the case with me because the last 3 weeks were awful and this past weekend was pure hell. I felt fine on Tuesday, sick and achy on Wednesday and symptom-free again yesterday.

I feel pretty good today, no m/s (knocks on wood) and no more nerve pain. Yesterday, the baby was kicking the crap out of my nerves because I'd get a twinge first on one side, then a sharp pain down the inside part of my leg on that same side. I asked the ob yesterday about it and he said the baby was hitting that nerve, perfectly normal.

Joseph Michael - 12/22/2010
    5lbs 9 oz, 18.5 inches long
    6 months: 16lbs 15 oz, 27 inches long

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Your symptoms are going to go away regardless.  My OB said once you start getting close to 2nd tri, the symptoms will come and go randomly.  You can't spend your whole pregnancy worrying about every little thing, as much as we want to read every book and think we understand what our bodies are doing- we don't.  Every pregnancy is different and ever body goes at a different pace.  If you worry about everything all the time, you will put unnecessary stress on your body AND your baby.  
  • Seriously, I don't think anyone could calm you down.  Every week from day frickin' one its a different, "my symptoms!" post from you.  Its so old.  At this point, you are the only one that has any hope of calming yourself down.  Not trying to be mean at all, just trying to be real with you.
    I give up trying to get a ticker.  I have a DD that is 2.5 years old and is awesome.  Maybe I'll add a quote to distinguish myself.  Hmmm.  How about...

"It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn't use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like "What about lunch?" - A.A. Milne, Winnie-the-Pooh
  • I hear ya. I am at 9wks, and I haven't had any M/S at all. My boobs hurt a lot when I first found out (around 5wks) but only hurt here and there now. My exhaustion/headaches come and go too, but that's pretty much it for symptoms for me. It's bizarre! I just hope everything is okay, it definitely makes me nervous! We had an ultrasound at 5wks5days to date the pregnancy and got to see the heartbeat, but at my first OB appt earlier this week, they didn't really do much besides feel my uterus (doc said it felt great for a bit over 2months along).. so I guess i'll know more at my 12wk appt... seems soooo far away!
  • I'm 10 weeks today and for the past few days my nausea meds have made me feel like a million bucks...I've been able to keep food down and everything. Today, my symptoms come back to raise all sorts of hell. Took a shower to go to work and I got nauseous, threw up and had a massive dizzy spell all at once, vomiting/heaving all day...can't even keep my meds down. Migraine, congestion, and out of nowhere my boobs are sore again. They haven't hurt since I was 7 wks. Ugh!!! Someone get me a leash for my sanity!!
  • imageizzourclue:
    Seriously, I don't think anyone could calm you down.  Every week from day frickin' one its a different, "my symptoms!" post from you.  Its so old.  At this point, you are the only one that has any hope of calming yourself down.  Not trying to be mean at all, just trying to be real with you.

seriously nygirl.  how many times do people need to tell you to settle down?? at 5 weeks, 6, 7, 8 , 9 and now 10! 

• You should probably call your doctor. Again.

• Agree. Haha. People can only reassure you so much. Worries are perfectly normal, but your level and amount of worry needs to be remedied by something much stronger than internet advice. May I suggest Xanax?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"