1st Trimester

Morning sickness cures?

So I am only 6weeks pregnant but have had terrible "morning" sickness for 3 weeks straight!  I am not vomitting but extreme nausea all day long.  I have tried B6, Ginger, saltines, soup, Zofran, Seabands, peppermints.  NOTHING works!  Anyone find anything that works for them?  Surprisingly I feel better in the car, sunroof open and all windows open.  Unfortunately I'm not made of money for the gas I would go through and I can't live in my car!

Re: Morning sickness cures?

• I have pretty much tried all those things too and nothing works great. Try jolly ranchers, or Preggie Pops. I feel like those might work a little for me.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I don't know why, but chewing gum seems to help me.  I'm going through a ton of it!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I found that sour things helped curb the nausea slightly.  Lemonheads, lemonade, sweet tarts...stuff like that.  It's not a cure, but took some of the edge off for me at times.  I also took Zofran in addition to that and drank Gatorade for about 18 weeks straight with my dd. I couldn't keep anything else down.  GL!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My doctor just switched my multivitamin to chewables, try another prenatal vitamin and you might feel better - just make sure the content is comparable to what you're currently taking, specially the folic acid.
  • CTri17CTri17 member

well there is no cure unfortunately.

What does help is always having something in your tummy. Carbs are your friend, I ate popcorn for dinner for about 6 weeks (if I ate anything) because I threw everything else up.

Gum helped me a lot as well. Natural Gingerale (like Hansen's brand) also eased some of it.

~Christina S~ EST: 9/27/08        *May 2015 Jan. Signature Challenge-
                                                     You had one job- Parents magazine

BFP-3/17/14 --M/C 4/25/14

• I am 33 weeks and revisiting the old board.. and can honestly say that LEMONS helped me.. sniffing on lemons and just sucking on a lemon really really eased it.. I dont know if it was just me but I had partial stock in it =) Feel better it does go away

• Diclectin saved me! It's the only perscription you can get in Canada for pregnancy nausea. I'm not sure what is available in the US. Other than that... I hav my husband bring me toast with peanut butter (for the protein) before I get up in the morning and that helps a bit.
  • Stay away from dairy in the morning until noonish
    Jackson W. Holler born 12/9/10 at 7:52 a.m. He is my little miracle baby!! pPROM'ed at 23w1d and delivered at 34w Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Chewing Big Red gum helps me tremendoulsly...I think it's the cinnamon in it.  I keep some in my pockets at all times.
  • Spearmint gum was a lifesaver! Not peppermint, not cinnamon...it has to be spearmint. Tums are helpful too but don't take too many of them, they can lead to kidney stones!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"