3rd Trimester

U/S suggestions for more movement

I have had my 20wk u/s for growth but at the point they could not determine the sex because the babies legs were covering the gentials. I went back again and the same thing.

I am paying for an elective 3D/4D u/s tommorrow and really WANT to know the sex of the baby. I am 28wks now so I am hoping for the baby to show it's goods! Any suggestions for geting the baby wired for the u/s.

Currently the baby moves occassionally through out the day but not anything to crazy like some women. Nothing I eat or drink really increases the kicking/movement.

Should I try Mt Dew (even though I am not a coffee or soda drinker), OJ, chocolate....what to make the baby move???!!!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: U/S suggestions for more movement

• Really REALLY cold water does the trick for this LO, Oj and what not didnt work for me If you dont drink it regularly I wouldnt do soda it might make you sick...

Take a mini flashlight with you the room should be dark enough that LO responds to the brightness :D HTH

photo b6d12d4a-3c41-4686-a0af-8cf854f979e4_zpsffdadc4c.jpg Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Ice water almost always works for me.
  • Loading the player...
  • I've heard that OJ works pretty well. My girl was shy for several U/S, I usually had juice before I went but sometimes she was just not in the mood to be seen. I kept having to go back, not to determine her sex but because they couldn't see all of her organs and all that.

I hope your appointment goes well!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I am a big fan of Mt. Dew......Embarrassed My little man likes it too. I had one at 9 o'clock a couple nights ago b/c the craving hit (bad idea) and he was bouncing off the walls (literally lol) for over an hour and it took about 15-20 minutes to kick in. I laid in bed for almost 2 hours waiting for him to calm down so I could get some sleep! I will not make that mistake again, no Mt. Dew after 5 pm
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • something really cold and really sugary. i am lucky with my LO b/c she is really active but I still drank a medium ICEE and she was wired.
    Me: 31   DH: 34
    Married: 5/12/07
    DD: 7/28/10
    TTC#2: 10/2014

• Oj like 30 min to an hour before...Be careful with carbonated caffeine sodas..The sono techs i work with complain that it makes the patients gassy and harder to get clear shots. 
    *Michelle* Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"