February 2011 Moms

thoughts on flying during first tri (around 12 weeks)

I am only 5 weeks now, but have a wedding in LA at the end of July that would put me between 11-12 weeks. Any thoughts on flying during this time?
Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker} BabyFruit Ticker
Pregnancy%20ticker

Re: thoughts on flying during first tri (around 12 weeks)

• You could always ask at your first OB appt (Which I'm guessing you haven't had yet at only 5 weeks). I am flying to London in my first Tri, for two weeks.

As long as it's between OB appts, I dont see what the problem is. It is obviously discouraged in your last trimester. 

Have fun!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

• It is healthy for you to fly up until the last trimester, I believe.
  • Loading the player...
  • Unless you are under doc orders not to fly, you should be fine.

I've been grounded until I deliver, but I have a sucktastic history.

• Last time I got PG OB told me that the only reason you might not want to fly is becuase (god forbid something happens (read "you miscarry") you won't be in the airplane or at some random hospital.  11-12 weeks is practically 2nd trimester so I wouldn't worry bout it at all.  HAVE FUN!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Ann003Ann003 member
    imageambrandau2:

Unless you are under doc orders not to fly, you should be fine.

Ditto. I just flew this past weekend. The only issue I had was needing an aisle seat because I peed every 1/2 hour!
    imageimage
    TTC #1 since May 2010. BFP #1 - 5/31/10; m/c on 7/22/10
    Started seeing RE in August 2011
    5 IUIs: BFN; IVF #1 - Success! BFP - 7/25/12 Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • i think its fine, i will be flying at 16 weeks to mexico.  you can always ask your dr. 
    BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm flying next week for work--I'll be 7 weeks. I think it'll be fine (so long as I'm not too nauseous...)!
    image. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • I'm at 7 weeks now and on a trip that required a 3 hour flight.  Doctor is okay with that, I just need to make sure that I move my legs frequently.
  • It's absolutely fine. I worked with several women who (with their doctors consent) flew until their due date.

have fun :) 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I'm flying to Europe next week (I'm only 6 weeks) and the doctor was ok with that, just recommended that I get up each hour and walk around on the plane.  I'll also be flying again to Florida around week 10..so I'm sure you'll be fine!
  • I just did a 14 hour working flight (cabin crew) and although I was exhausted its pretty safe (unless you have complications) I have my last working trip tomorrow and that is due to company policy - I will however continue to fly to see my family - I live abroad and they are in the UK! Cabin Crew are fully trained to deal with such things as Births and Miscarriages (although I would not wish that upon anyone) it is reassuring to know - also if you inform them that you are pregnant and have a bottle of water they are more willing to fill it up! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"