December 2010 Moms

Pediatrician?

My mom brought up to me last nigh that I need to start looking into finding a pediatrician, and that kind of freaked me out a little bit and bringing me into a close reality!

So my question to you ladies is - has any of you started looking into finding one yet?  And if so, how did you get your info on the doc of choice?  I don't have any friends wiht children who live near me so I'm unsure of who to ask or find refrences for.

Re: Pediatrician?

• I'm not stressing about it yet, but we'll want to have someone lined up around the start of the third trimester or so (?). I dunno -- maybe I'm behind, but I figure there's plenty of time for that stuff!  Your OB can probably give you a referrals, and you may want to interview a few before you find the right one.
      norathe girlsamelia
     Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • sroszcsroszc member

I've barely thought about it, but my OB did say they need a Pediatrician's name by 28 weeks so I need to do this at some point.  I've got some time to start asking around and doing research.

GL!

photo 53b360e6-ee99-4f9e-a024-83bbcf2fab7d_zps358d4ab4.jpg Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • I asked a neighbor who has a 1 year old.  And I emailed a few women I work with who have kids.  I haven't done any research yet, but I have some names now.  I'm going to wait a few more weeks before I start calling them.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• when we chose our first ped for the first baby we chose a larger practice close to home. We've been using the same one since and love it! It's easier to get in for an appointment when there's a half dozen docs on staff and as many nurse practioners
  • I haven't started looking yet, but I plan to ask my OB for recommendations at my appointment next week. 

Our beautiful baby boy!!!

Trust in the Invisible ... and expect the INCREDIBLE!!!

• My OB gave me recs at my first appointment. I also asked friends and family for their opinions. I can't just choose any pediatrician thought. I can only choose from the list of pediatricians that my insurance will pay for. My choices are limited.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We asked our general practitioner for some recs and she gave us some names, including the one she uses for her children. Guess I'll have to get to the interviewing part here eventually!

Pregnancy Ticker
    my little man. 12-4-10.
    my blog
  • lrn327lrn327 member
    I asked some friends for recs and then actually checked them out on citysearch, yelp, and kudzu.  You'd be surprised at how many people rate their doctors on there!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I work in the biggest, most popular peds office in a 6 county area (it is rural though) and I dont really want to take my kiddo there.  I would rather take the baby to my family dr 30 miles north of where I live than take the baby where I work.

There are 8 drs in the office, and the ones that arent a**holes are unacceptable for other reasons.  I've come to the conclusion that most of the drs in the practice have specialized in Peds because they cant interact with adults.

Just my two cents.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"