Toddlers: 24 Months+

DS wants Daddy and it hurts

So I know they go through phases, but just lately the fact that DS wants daddy all the time is hurting my feelings.  It doesn't help that I'm hormonal either, but I feel like the only mom in America whose child wants almost nothing to do with her when daddy is around.  We were at the fair and DH had to hand him off to me to go to the porto-potty and he threw this tantrum and was clinging to daddy.  It was a little embarrassing, like, "Really, this is my child, I'm not trying to abduct him."  Now we found out we're having another son and I fear it will be a repeat of what's going on now.  I guess I just wanted to vent, I was already balling today after his latest daddy-tantrums. 

Re: DS wants Daddy and it hurts

• I'm sorry. I know how hard that is -- for both mom and dad. My DD has started to say, "I don't want my daddy right now!" and it's so hard on my DH. I really feel for him, and it's honestly not very easy for me when she won't give me a break and hang out with DH.

And you are not the only mom in that situation! My BFF has a DD who is always crying for daddy. She's now 4 and still super duper close with her dad.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • My mom talks about the huge daddy stage I went through around 3 yo.  She was used to my older sister who was very close and clingy.  She said I was very nice and polite to her, but my whole world lit up when daddy came home. She said she felt like the well liked maid, good for cooking and cleaning and minding until dad came home.

I grew out of it.  Don't worry.  

My darling daughter just turned 4 years old.
  • Loading the player...
  • My DD is the same way, when Daddy is around. I have also had her do the tantrum in public over it...and I agree with you it's a bit embarassing.  Embarrassed I hope that both of our LO's will grow out of it! I tell DH that is one better be a mommy's girl or it's going to kill me, LOL!
  • You are SO not alone! DD switches between wanting me or her daddy...the phase will usually be a week or so. But for probably the past 3-4 weeks she has been ALL about daddy. Even when he isn't home she wants him to do everything. It takes forever to get out of the house because she is asking for daddy to change her, feed her, read to her, etc. and he isn't here to do it! And forget it when he is actually home. She doesn't want anything to do with me.

It's been especially hard for me right now because DD#2 is due so soon, and I feel like I'm running out of time to have just my first baby to snuggle and love. I want to make the most of our alone time, and it hurts that she doesn't even want to come near me most of the time. I just try not to take it personally because ultimately she IS only two, and I know it's a phase. But it's really hard!!!

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • DD1 only wants me and that is rough too!  She wants nothing to do with her daddy...anytime he even goes to kiss her she flips out.  Obviously not good, but again just a phase.  My concern, DD2.  DH takes more care of her then I do, since I am always with DD1..example-i put DD1 to sleep when DH puts DD2.  I am worried, DD2 wont want me.  GL..i am sure it is all a phase and congrats on another son!
  • As you can see from the pp, you're definitely not alone.  My DS prefers daddy as well...so much that he would rather I leave the room when he's hysterically crying if Daddy isn't there.  I'm hormonal about it, too...and tend to think that Daddy gives in too much which may be why he prefers him.  But--it could be a phase, too.
  • you are definitely not alone.  DS went through a daddy phase not too long ago and I felt the same way.  I walked into his room one morning and he actually said to me "No mommy, I want daddy".  I walked out almost in tears.  I know he doesn't mean it but I still felt hurt.  but it's all a phase....now he's all about mommy so hopefully this phase will pass soon for you.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"