Babies: 0 - 3 Months

how long did you spend pushing?

just curious. a friend of mine had a baby a couple months before me. she pushed 20 mins so i was thinking 'that doesnt sound all that horrible, i can do this'. but then i pushed for a little over 2 hours. it was awful.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: how long did you spend pushing?

• With DD, one hour.

With DS, 10 minutes.

• Loading the player...
  • 30 mins, but not cause I wanted to.  Asher was in distress and it was too late for a section.  In the end I wasn't doing a good enough job, so my OB gave me an episiotomy and sucked him out.  It totally sucked....I'd almost rather have had more time to push. 
    Asher Benjamin and Lola Aisling

Infertility
    PCOS, Progesterone Deficiency Disorder, Multiple Miscarriage
    Clomid, Metformin, Ovadril, PIO, P17 Iron/Platlet Tranfusion

My Spring Babies! 
    <3 Angel Baby   Elisabeth Adelle  April 2008 <3
    Asher Benjamin  April 2010
    Lola Aisling  May 2014
  • 45 minutes. He was down there early on but just couldn't get out. It ended up being vacuum assisted.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • 2hrs.... UGH!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    formerly known as katrinalee48
  • 1 hour, 40 min. I didn't think it was that bad...but then again I had 104 degree fever and just wanted to get her out!!!
  • 3 HUGE pushes for an amazing 45 seconds. I must say for a first timer that has to be some kind of record.

I will totally vouch that kegels work, however, I'm not sure if they work that amazing in only 9 months. I've been doing them since I was about 10 years old because I have a bad bladder, and I am very thankful for how strong my muscles must be down there...

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • 3 1/2 hours, ended up with vacume assistance after the forceps failed.
  • I'm not sure. 20 minutes or so I guess. It was 3 contractions.
    My big boy image Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • imageMrs.katie_love:

2hrs.... UGH!

But totally worth it!  Everytime I see your siggy I melt.  That little boy is so damn cute!

Infertility

My Spring Babies! 
    Lola Aisling  May 2014
  • Just 30 min, when DD started crowning I reached down to touch her, it was what gave me the drive to get her out so quick. I wanted her in my arms.
  • One hour, 18 mins-it honestly felt like forever!  You gals that pushed longer totally rock because I couldn't imagine going any longer!

View Full Size Image 
    View Full Size Image View Full Size Image  View Full Size Image

• About 5 hours...the midwives have on record that I pushed for 3 hours but I was not drugged. I know what time I arrived and how many centimeters I was. I know when I delivered DD and approx what time I began pushing...they considered me really pushing for 3 hours but I remember differently.
  • 2 1/2 hours after laboring for 36 total, I was exhausted.
  • imageItaliannvegas:
    About 5 hours...the midwives have on record that I pushed for 3 hours but I was not drugged. I know what time I arrived and how many centimeters I was I know when I delivered DD and approx what time I began pushing...they considered me really pushing for 3 hours but I remember differently.

Dude....you are my new hero!  I remember thinking while pushing, that I knew it would be painful but I wasn't prepared for how difficult it would be!  I can't imagine 5 hours!

Infertility

My Spring Babies! 
    Lola Aisling  May 2014
  • imagevegandy:
    2 1/2 hours after laboring for 36 total, I was exhausted.

Hey! I didn't know you were over here now! Congrats! I'll have to look up your birth story,

• 2 Hours.  My water never broke and he was sunny side up.  They worked on turning him while I pushed but he was stuck.  Once he turned they popped my water and he was out within 5 minutes.  All with no drugs.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I pushed for 29 minutes. I figured that's pretty damn good since I couldn't feel ANYTHING, I mean nothing.... I just watched in the mirror which gave me the drive to push as quickly as possible when I would see his head coming down and crowning. SO asked the nurse how long it should take me to push him out and she said first timers with and epi usually take 2-3 hours... that was my other drive. I wasn't going to wait any longer to meet DS then I had too!
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • 3 hours. 

He wouldn't fit under my pubic bone.  After I had been pushing for 2 1/2 hours the doctor informed me that she wouldn't let me push for more than 3 hours without getting out the vacuum extractor.  I decided to go ahead and let her use it.  By the time she got set up for it I hit the 3 hour mark.  It was completely exhausting!  DS slept in the nursery that night because I was completely wiped.  

image image
  • 3.5 hours ended up with c/s because my bones would not move and his head was stuck
  • 2 hrs..
  • 43 Minutes.

They had me start pushing at 5:00am on the dot. It took me a few contractions to get the hang of it, since I had an epidural. 

Photobucket Lilypie Second Birthday tickers TTC #2 ~ Cycle 7
  • 2 hours.  DS was facing sideways and took awhile to get around the bone.  DH was pushing just as hard as me i think, b/c everytime he finished counting through my contractions he was red in the face! 
  • Probably about 20 minutes.  It was really quick!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Eleanor Noelle - 18/05/12 Claire Elisabeth - 16/-5/10
  • Just 26 minutes- I think it was about 7 contractions or so (maybe less).  I had been laboring for 20 hours at the hospital, and about 14+ at home before I checked in, so I knew I had a limited amount of energy left.  That was my motivation!  It was totally worth it, though.
  • 1 1/2 hr and an episiotomy later. It felt like forever and i don't think I could've gone any longer. I don't know how many pushes it took but it was a lot!! The nurse was getting a bit impatient with me which just pissed me off. It made me feel under more pressure not to mention my blood pressure had already gone sky high.
  • In total I was in labor for 36 hrs. At some point my body started pushing on its own, this lasted for 6 hrs.  Once he was in the birth canal I pushed for 45 min. 
  • 2hrs and 35 minutes... finally had an assisted delivery w/ forceps.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • DS -> 2 hours

DD -> 3 min!! It was crazy how fast she came out. I was totally expecting to push for at least 20 minutes, as that is what my OB had thought would happen being that DD was my second.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • 10-15 minutes. Three pushes and he was out!
  • Abt 5 mins. But had 24 hrs of labor which was horrible.
  • 2 hours.

DD1 born 5/24/10.

Missed M/C at 14 wks Feb 2012.

DD2 born 5/14/13.

Missed M/C at 9 wks July 2015.

Expecting someone new 4/17/17.
  • 45 minutes-DD's head came down crooked tho so it took a bit longer than it should
  • 2 hrs 30 mins- the vacuum didnt work, forceps did.
  • DS 20 minutes

DD 1 big push and 1 little push (less than 5 minutes)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"