December 2010 Moms

Did they guess/predict the sex at your NT scan?

If so, what did they guess?

I had a doctor and two techs all say it was pretty much without a doubt a boy.  It was so exciting to hear!  I'm not buying anything yet, though :)

Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Did they guess/predict the sex at your NT scan?

• Yes.

The tech said she had an "educated guess" of it being a boy. She said she usually doesn't like to make predictions that early on unless she's pretty sure. And she said everytime the baby was in the right position to see it, his "stuff" was just staring her right in the face.

So we'll just wait and see! Our 20 week u/s is on July 23rd!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm a few posts down but I'll AW again! They guessed boy at 80%. I've got a side shot of the baby with an object sticking up
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • No, they said it was too early to determine.

• No guesses. My mom guessed girl because of the HB, but the tech said she's seen boys with fast HB's and girls with slow HB's, so it wasn't a for sure thing. 
    - Monica- BabyFruit Ticker
  • imageMon715:
    No guesses. My mom guessed girl because of the HB, but the tech said she's seen boys with fast HB's and girls with slow HB's, so it wasn't a for sure thing. 

My mom asked the tech about the heartbeat thing. But the tech said that this early on they all pretty much have higher HB's. That the old wives tales about the HB/gender predictions were done based on the HB's in the 3rd Tri.

• I actually didn't even think to ask.  I was to concerned about everything showing up in the "normal" range.
  • imagebosha711:
    No, they said it was too early to determine.

<3 Bumpie Veteran from December 2010 Mama's <3 -
    BFP - TTC Cycle #6: Clomid + HCG Trigger + TI + Progesterone - EDD: 12/11
    Beta #1: 4/1 - 51.5   Beta #2: 4/3 - 189   Beta #3: 4/6 - 778.9
    AMH: 1.06  FSH: 10.7
    DS: 11/2010 Clomid + HCG Trigger + IUI + Progesterone
  • imagebosha711:

This.

Baby genitalia look almost identical until about 13 to 14 weeks.

<3 Bumpie Veteran from December 2010 Mama's <3 -
    BFP - TTC Cycle #6: Clomid + HCG Trigger + TI + Progesterone - EDD: 12/11
    Beta #1: 4/1 - 51.5   Beta #2: 4/3 - 189   Beta #3: 4/6 - 778.9
    AMH: 1.06  FSH: 10.7
    DS: 11/2010 Clomid + HCG Trigger + IUI + Progesterone
  • The ultrasound tech was pretty sure it's a boy.  After all I've read on early gender determination, I have not bought any blue items yet!  I go back next week to find out for sure, and then let the shopping being.
  • imageCRFJAG:
    Not even mentioned!
    Married 6-30-07, BFP 9-1-07, M/C & D&C 10-5-07, BFP #2 6-20-08, BFP #3 3-28-2010 Mommy to Ethan born 2-22-09 7lbs 13.5oz & 21" long SAL Buddy to March04b2b imageFamily Blog|Food Blog
  • While we were gettting scanned we happen to mention that we thought it was a girl b/c of the heartbeat.... while she was checking things out with the baby, she got a perfect shot of his parts, just as the doc walked in and basically said... well there is no doubt that its a boy.... i kinda was like what??? and  looked over and there it was clear as day!... They mentioned that it could be the cord, but they turned on the doppler and was looking for blood flow in that area, there was none where the parts were, but to the left of the area, they both said they believe that its a boy.... so we will see in 4-5 weeks.....I told them if they were worng they were getting me lobster when I delivered... lol...  either way I dont mind, I  will love him or her the same!
  • At our NT scan I was 13 weeks pregnant. We didn't see a stick in between the legs. We asked the US tech to look later and tell us what she thought. She was right with my friend at the 13 week sonogram. (We saw a stick on our US with my son 2 years ago so it was very evident)

To start she told us not to go out and buy anything based on what she said.

Then she got a great shot in between baby's legs and said she is pretty sure it will be a girl and will be shocked if it is not a girl on the 20 week us.

She was even able to point out 3 distinct lines. Which is usually noted to be a girl.

We get to find out on June 30th. Cannot wait to see what they find in 2 weeks.

• Yep...they told me he's a boy, took a picture of his penis & everything...I was 13w4d at the time...
  • Didn't even try or offer to guess!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Nope. Our tech was very uptight and when we asked he said "its way too early". We knew he wouldn't guess.
  • imagebosha711:

This.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers imageLilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • OMG if they tell us something like this at my scan on Thursday all DH is going to hear is "boy" or "girl" LOL
  • imageKellina:
    Didn't even try or offer to guess!

I love your siggy! That is adorable! Its incredible the difference one year makes!

• imagethatgirl85:
    The ultrasound tech was pretty sure it's a boy.  After all I've read on early gender determination, I have not bought any blue items yet!  I go back next week to find out for sure, and then let the shopping being.

This! 

• I just had my NT scan on friday at 12w5d anf the tech guessed that it is a girl. We go for our anatomy scan at 20 weeks so we will find out then if she was right!
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Even at 20 weeks here they don't look for the sex - if it's obvious they tell you, but if not, not. I'm hoping though!
    Mum to W (4) and M (nearly 2)
  • no, but I already have the "feeling" it's a boy
  • At the time you have your NT scan, both genders have "nubs." They look very similar at that time. The only difference is boy nubs usually angle 30 degrees or more and girl nubs tend to be completely parallel with the spine.

Check out: www.in-gender.com 

It has TONS of ultrasound pictures of nubs.

Natural Miscarriage 12/10/09 at 6W4D. Lilypie First Birthday tickers Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"