Trying to Get Pregnant

Ovulation on CD 6!

For the past three cycles I have Oed very very early!  Sucks...I get positive OPKs and lots of O pain so I know it is ovulation.

Anyone else have this problem?

image Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers BFP 7/7/08, M/C 7/8/08, BFP 9/23/08, M/C 9/24/08, BFP 11/2/08 TWINS!,
Lost Our 10 month old Baby Boy Rowan 3/12/10 BFP 8/25/10

Re: Ovulation on CD 6!

• Where is your chart??  You need temps to confirm ovulation.

imageimage
    2 years, 2 surgeries, 2 clomid fails, 2 IUIs, 1 loss, IVF #1 - 10/25/10 = BFP!, DS is now 3.5yrs!
    TTC #2 - 6/12 surgery #3, FET #1 & 1.2 = BFN, 12/2012 FET #2 = BFP! DD is 1.5 yrs!
    Surprise! 12/16/14 BFP, loss #2 12/31/14

I can't wait for the "im getting a divorce" post in 5 years or so because your husbands were fed up with your disgusting chair asses from playing on the knot all day and getting fired 4-5 times for not doing any work. you guys are all winners!! ~ Laur929

• I got nothing, but that blows. I would still be bleeding by then.

Are you actually Oing on CD6 (confirmed by temping) or just getting +OPK's?

• Loading the player...
  • My friend had this and she figured out that she had to have sex during AF and that first month it worked after a couple months of trying too late in her cycle. 
    DS born via c/s 11/08 and med-free GD VBAC DD 3/11! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagePattypoundcake:

I got nothing, but that blows. I would still be bleeding by then.

This. If you aren't charting, there is no way to determine exactly when you ovulated. Your body could just be gearing up to ovulate and not actually release the egg until later on, if at all. Some ladies get positive OPKs for several days in a row.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagePattypoundcake:

I got nothing, but that blows. I would still be bleeding by then.

This. If you aren't charting, there is no way to determine exactly when you ovulated. Your body could just be gearing up to ovulate and not actually release the egg until later on, if at all. Some ladies get positive OPKs for several days in a row.

• imageL&R70707:
    Where is your chart??  You need temps to confirm ovulation.

I do not temp because I also take prometrium (raises body temp) and I am up and down at nights with LO.  I too used to think that temps were needed to confirm ovulation, but after reading TCOYF it does state that temps are so variable that they are not the only way to confirm O.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers BFP 7/7/08, M/C 7/8/08, BFP 9/23/08, M/C 9/24/08, BFP 11/2/08 TWINS!,
  • imageL&R70707:

I do not temp because I also take prometrium (raises body temp) and I am up and down at nights with LO.  I too used to think that temps were needed to confirm ovulation, but after reading TCOYF it does state that temps are so variable that they are not the only way to confirm O.

• imagelacey_ja_r:

imageL&R70707:

Actually, the only ways to confirm ovulation are charting your temps and a blood test.

Moving forward, I would just keep in mind that your O date could be later than you think and factor that in when testing, etc.

GL!

• Ok regardless if I am Oing on CD 6, 7 or 8...isn't that still pretty early.  Wouldn't the egg not be mature enough to produce a viable pregnancy? 
  • imagelacey_ja_r:
    Ok regardless if I am Oing on CD 6, 7 or 8...isn't that still pretty early.  Wouldn't the egg not be mature enough to produce a viable pregnancy? 

That I couldn't tell you, unfortunately :(

• imagelacey_ja_r:

imageL&R70707:

This has nothing to do with not being able to chart.  I was on it last cycle and I did just fine (as well as the other 4 medicated cycles I had).  You don't take it until after ovulation is confirmed with temps or with trigger and ultrasound.  Otherwise you could really be screwing things up with it.

imageimage
    2 years, 2 surgeries, 2 clomid fails, 2 IUIs, 1 loss, IVF #1 - 10/25/10 = BFP!, DS is now 3.5yrs!
    TTC #2 - 6/12 surgery #3, FET #1 & 1.2 = BFN, 12/2012 FET #2 = BFP! DD is 1.5 yrs!
    Surprise! 12/16/14 BFP, loss #2 12/31/14

I can't wait for the "im getting a divorce" post in 5 years or so because your husbands were fed up with your disgusting chair asses from playing on the knot all day and getting fired 4-5 times for not doing any work. you guys are all winners!! ~ Laur929

• k thank ladies.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"