2nd Trimester
Options

STill dealing with MS and upset..

I'm 20 weeks now and just had my Level 2 Appointment this week. ALL is Great with LO, but I'm still upset bc I'm still throwing up a lot.My OB says I have gained the appropriate amount of weight, but I worry I am losing nutrients. How do I know LO is TRULY ok? Is anyone else dealing with anything similar? Just need some comfort and support.

PS ~~I am soo amazed I'm halfway there~~it's flying by!! :))

Re: STill dealing with MS and upset..

• Options

What did your OB tell you?

• Options
    keep taking your vitamins.  Your LO will take what he/she needs from you so if anything you would be the one depleted.  Has your Dr tested your thyroid?  My dr said this could cause sickness during pregnancy.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I have always been told that your body craves what it needs. So, if you are low on calcium, you will crave milk or some other calcium source. If you are taking vitamins and trying to eat somewhat healthy, and listening to your body, I wouldn't worry. I had a baby 10ish years ago and got sick every single day for the entire pregnancy, and the baby came out as healthy as can be. 
  • Options
    I threw up with DD til 19 weeks and still throwing up with this one.  DD is perfectly healthy and normal.  :)  This LO seems to being doing well also.  I'm sorry you're still so sick; it is the worst.  Hope you feel better soon!
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    Still getting sick too!  Crying
  • Options

My first pregnancy I puked daily from 6 weeks until 32, then off and on the rest of my pregnancy. (Amazingly, I didn't puke during labor. haha)

I am so sorry you are still getting sick. If it continues, people tend not to believe that you are still suffering from morning sickness and think you have the flu.

I was really worried about DS, because I was worried I was harming him in some way. My doc assured me that my body will protect baby first, then me. Baby got everything he needed, and was perfectlly healthy when he was born full term. I, on the other hand, had a lot of work to do by eating healthy and taking lots of vitamins in order to rebuild my nutrient store.

Try and drink lots of fluids, take your vitamins, and try to eat as healthy as you can. If all you can hold down is chocolate milkshakes and Burker King, though, know that LO will be just fine. (DS is... except for a slight addiction to burger king cheeseburgers. lol)

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to be over, it's about learning how to dance in the rain." -Unknown

Married 3-1-08  |  Nathan 11-24-08  |  Kaelyn 11-30-10  |  Alicia  8-17-13

• Options

Yeah same here, and it really stinks. Friends are now asking "Well, weren't you supposed to get over it a while back?" Yes, normally - but each pregnancy is different with different women. I am more susceptible to it, my mother was sick with me every single day until she gave birth.

Thanks Mom.

However, I lost five lbs off the bat between my 8wk appt and 11 weeks and have yet to put it, or any weight, on. OB isn't worried about that, everything looks and sounds great with LO.

• Options

imagemlc92404:
    keep taking your vitamins.  Your LO will take what he/she needs from you so if anything you would be the one depleted.

This. If anything you will be the one who suffers, the baby is good at getting what it needs. 

photo 6aecdc21-d010-4990-8b8b-da468f75ece3_zps38a4dec0.jpgphoto 8c7926e4-3191-4d9f-8e13-2ba2d4b7296f_zps45188ab0.jpg
              Connor - 12/15/10                                     Abby - EDD 11/29/13
    Lilypie - (bLG7)
  • Options
    I'm 16 weeks and still getting sick. I seem to have an upset stomach all of the time, too. 
  • Options

I had one friend that threw up for 7 months... she gained 14 lbs.  Her baby was almost 11 lbs and is perfectly fine.

I had another friend who went thru the same thing and her baby was perfectly fine. 

I wouldnt worry too much. 

Just make sure you are taking your vitamins when you can!

• Options
    imageCelticWife:
    . My doc assured me that my body will protect baby first, then me. Baby got everything he needed, and was perfectlly healthy when he was born full term. I, on the other hand, had a lot of work to do by eating healthy and taking lots of vitamins in order to rebuild my nutrient store.

Try and drink lots of fluids, take your vitamins, and try to eat as healthy as you can. If all you can hold down is chocolate milkshakes and Burker King, though, know that LO will be just fine. (DS is... except for a slight addiction to burger king cheeseburgers. lol)

This.  I was sick a lot with DS, and with this one m/s didn't go away until recently (I still randomly get sick). Both babies are healthy, and my toddler definitely is fine.  But like she said, they'll get what they need.  It's actually probably YOU that you need to be worried about because you need to make sure you stay hydrated.  Good luck!!  My friend also puked everyday from the day she was pregnant until birth, and her little boy is wonderful and healthy, and was full term too. 

Try chewing something like mint, gum, or a tictac every time you feel the nausea coming on.  Sometimes it would help curb it for me for a little while.  But otherwise I don't have any solutions.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"