3rd Trimester

Sex in the 3rd Trimester

When did you stop? I'm so paranoid about it!! I'm only 28 weeks right now but still...

Re: Sex in the 3rd Trimester

• Doing it less (about once a week) due to fatigue and sciatica, but still enjoying it when it does happen.
    Daisypath Christmas tickers imageLilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Missed miscarriage 12/26/11 at 12 weeks
  • In my experience ... it's safe until the doc says no. Besides ... it's one of the things they tell you can induce labor later on. :)

Hubby and I might have some sexy time ... we're really ready for our lo to be here. Lol!

• Loading the player...
  • Gawd! We maybe have had sex twice since second tri. Tongue Tied
  • We had sex (twice) the day before my DS was born (at 39w2d).  You do not need to stop having sex unless your doctor tells you to (most will encourage sex as it can help bring on labor if you are ready) or your water breaks.
  • Actually, we have been doing it more in the last month.  Before we would have sexy time about 3 times a week.  The last month its been almost everyday!!!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • You shouldn't worry. While sex can induce labor it will only do it if your body is ready.  So don't worry about it having a negative affect on you or your LO unless the doctor says so.  I'm 32 weeks and change and DH and I have sex several times a week. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Alright thanks everyone, I don't feel as paranoid. The next time I go in I'll ask my doctor when she thinks we should stop. I'll be about 30 weeks by then.
  • At 24 weeks when I was put on pelvic rest. Boo.
  • imageArmyWife3:
    At 24 weeks when I was put on pelvic rest. Boo.

:( Aww I'm sorry. 

• imagejazmynalex:
    Alright thanks everyone, I don't feel as paranoid. The next time I go in I'll ask my doctor when she thinks we should stop. I'll be about 30 weeks by then.

She may not tell you to stop... My MW encourages it. I guess it keeps the cervix ripe. I wouldn't stop until YOU want to stop. We don't do it as much because of comfort reasons (me, mostly), but we would!

• I had a very healthy sex life prior to getting pregnant, now Zip, Zero, Nadda.

Im hoping the drive will return.

• imageAmberzxoxo:

I had a very healthy sex life prior to getting pregnant, now Zip, Zero, Nadda.

Same here!! I think its more of me worrying though. Like we have sex every once in a while but its not like it used to be. 

• imageAmberzxoxo:

I had a very healthy sex life prior to getting pregnant, now Zip, Zero, Nadda.

This... =/ Poor DH.

Me: 30 DH: 30
    DD1: 8 (6/11/07)  DD2: 5 (6/15/10)
    BFP 10/13/2014 ... Natural M/C 10/25/14
    BFP...11/25/14! Grow Baby Grow! :)
    *our 3rd and our last*
    Repeat C/S scheduled for 7/29/15
  • imagekayteatrudeau:
    Gawd! We maybe have had sex twice since second tri. Tongue Tied

I wish I could say we've had sex that much.... just not feeling it... :( 

Taylor Leanne Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
  • imagekayteatrudeau:

Taylor Leanne Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
  • Well I'm glad I'm not the only one who has lost their sex drive!
  • imagejazmynalex:
    Alright thanks everyone, I don't feel as paranoid. The next time I go in I'll ask my doctor when she thinks we should stop. I'll be about 30 weeks by then.

My doctor said there is no need to stop.  Actually, one of my doctors encouraged it to help with hip and pelvic pain.

Daisypath Christmas tickers imageLilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Missed miscarriage 12/26/11 at 12 weeks
  • imagejazmynalex:
    When did you stop? I'm so paranoid about it!! I'm only 28 weeks right now but still...
    We had sex all the way till she was born. Unless your doc tells you not to, its fine.
  • We haven't stopped.  I'm 38w1d and we have sex 3-5 times a week. It's not the most comfortable at first,  but once all is said and done.. it's AMAZING. I definitely have a lot more sensation down there...lol!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyName Ticker Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • We continued up until the end with my last pregnancy.  A good 2-3 per week for us.  DS was born at 38 weeks and we last had sex 3 days prior to his birth.  Doing the same this time.
  • imagebrinalynne@gmail.com:

imagekayteatrudeau:

Same here! I feel bad for DH, but he's been very understanding this time around. My libido is pretty much gone and it's soo uncomfortable. :P

• We stopped a few weeks ago and I gave DH the green light the other night and he turned it down!  I told him it would help get DS moving; he said he would rather I just stay pregnant than have pregnancy sex.  Granted, its not one of my favorite things either, but the quicker he comes, the quicker we can have sex "normally."  :)
  • imagebrinalynne@gmail.com:

imagekayteatrudeau:

I'm right there with you ladies.

Annalise Marie 05.29.06
    Charlotte Ella 07.16.10
    Emmeline Grace 03.27.13
  • h2babeh2babe member
    As long as I am not too tired, I am usually game for it. So we now switched to quickies in the morning (like today! Wink )
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicMy food blog: Blissfully Delicious BabyFruit Ticker
  • I plan on having lots of sex once I am full term Big Smile DH will be so excited.

• Umm...maybe TMI but we did last night....it's definitely akward with a big belly but it sitll works!! (Plus sperm is supposed to have a pitocin like effect, though mild it can help start labor) Huh?
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Still do it once in a while, used to be for him.  These days I am doing it to try to jumpstart labor.  Hasn't worked yet.  I'm still here!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"