1st Trimester

Father's Day for the father-to-be?

Anyone doing anything special for their husband next weekend?  I'm not sure what to do and I'm almost a little nervous about doing anything since it's still so early.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Father's Day for the father-to-be?

• The year before DD was born I made him a CD of all Father songs! We didnt know the gender so it was combo!
  • We decided not to since I feel it is way too early and feel like I would be jinxing us! IMO I wouldn't but it's up to you.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • My friends have been asking me the same thing.  I'm not doing anything for DH.  We'll celebrate Fathers Day for the first time once the baby is here.  I did get him a beautiful card when I found out we were expecting.
  • I will probably just get a Father-to-be card for mine. I saw some at Kmart. Father's day we will be telling the grandpas-to-be :)

• imagecoolestgirlever:

I will probably just get a Father-to-be card for mine. I saw some at Kmart. Father's day we will be telling the grandpas-to-be :)

I think this exactly what I'm going to end up doing too.

• I was thinking just a card and maybe a pregnancy book geared towards the father...like "my boys can swim" I heard it was supposed to be good...
  • Heres what Im doing, fore warning, this wont be for everyone.  My husband is HILARIOUSLY funny and always making everyone laugh.  The day we ended up telling all of our friends he started referring to himself as a DILF.  Im sure most of you can figure out what that stands for...is the male version of a MILF.  I going to get DILF put on a shirt and give it to him for fathers day.  He will love it and wear it with pride!
  • We're telling our parents on father's day too! I can barely contain my excitement! As for my hubby, I got him a card and something small. We'll start the real celebrating next year.
  • I have my 1st appt next Weds & then we plan on telling the family (which will literally spread word across several countries!) and it's going to be MY dad's early father's day present  =)  he's been bugging me for years about having a baby!  he's going to be so happy.  I might get Dh a card - but we're not doing anything in particular..

• For Mother's Day, he got me a "mom to be" card and I found a "father to be" card for Father's Day. Not a huge deal, but it's something small and cute.
  • I am getting my DH a couple of books that he will be able to read to our LO before he/she is born and afterwards.  I am leaning towards Daddy Kisses and Guess How Much I Love You. 
  • Yea, I was afraid of jinxing things too giving a father's day gift this early on.  I decided to put a pic of one of the u/s in a frame for DH.  During the first u/s he attended with me (it was still early-- 7 weeks) DH made the comment that the peanut looked like a dinosaur.  So I got a frame with a rounded dinosaur that somewhat resembles a fetus and will put the u/s pic in that with the words "Daddy's Little Dinosaur" on the pic somewhere.
    2nd ectopic resulted in loss of tube. HSG revealed remaining tube is "severely torqued".
    IVF #1: ER 03/29/10; ET 04/01/10: transferred 2 embies; Beta #1 (9dp3dt)- 45; Beta #2 (11dp3dt)- 91= BFP
    FET#1: ET 04/18/12: transferred 4 embies; Beta #1: >2 = BFN
    IVF #2: ER 06/20/12; ET 6/25/12: transferred 2 embies; Beta #1 on 7/5/12= BFN
    8/16: hysteroscopy for polyp removal
    11/11: hysteroscopy #2 for yet another polyp removal
    FET#2: ET 12/15/12: transferred 3 embies; Beta #1 (9dp5dt): 12/24/12: 426; Beta #2 (11dp5dt): 845= BFP
    u/s 1/9= triplets!; miscarried all three on 1/10/13...

• imageashleybtc1:
    Heres what Im doing, fore warning, this wont be for everyone.  My husband is HILARIOUSLY funny and always making everyone laugh.  The day we ended up telling all of our friends he started referring to himself as a DILF.  Im sure most of you can figure out what that stands for...is the male version of a MILF.  I going to get DILF put on a shirt and give it to him for fathers day.  He will love it and wear it with pride!

This is hysterical!!!! LMFAO!!

BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I ordered this. 

https://www.amazon.com/Baby-Owners-Starter-Kit-Instructional/dp/1594741751/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1276210295&sr=8-2

It's the Baby Owner's Starter Kit.  The book included is the "Baby Owner's Manual" and it's written more like a manual that comes with a contruction project or electronics. 

"Included parts"

"You will need"

Things like that.  

You can get the book or the gift set.  I got the whole set for presentability. 

• i feel it's far too early for me to celebrate

• We're telling our parents on father's day too! We're very early almost 6 weeks but we think it would be a great time to tell them and it's been so hard holding this in! My FIL love books as gift so we're getting him the critters "Grandpa and me" and if that doesn't work out pink and blue cupcakes with + signs on top! Smile
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"