Trouble TTC

Question about Letrozole

Hi everyone,

Have any of you ever used Letrozole. I am on my second month and I'm curious to know if anyone else has used it. What were your side effects...if any? 

Re: Question about Letrozole

• I used it and had no response, no follicles grew. I think that is typical with PCOS. I had A LOT less side effects compared to clomid. The only side effect I can remember was hot flashes. It's also called femara, just in case you hear people refer to it by that name. Good luck this month!
  • I did two cycles of femara.  I did ovulate the first time, I didn't the second.  It made me extremely nauseous both times.  The half-life of femara is really short so you shouldn't have any s/e past the days you are taking the pills.

GL

dx PCOS on Metformin
    LO#1 - 19 cycles, 3 IUIs, 1 m/c, gonal-f, ganirelix, ovidrel, progesterone
    Totally worth the wait!
    Getting ready for #2
    Back on Met, PCOS diet, prepping for treatments 1/12

Good luck to the wonderful ladies of 3T
    Always cheering on my girls Gymnst1013 & MrsJohns
    My Chart / Info for Newbies
  • Loading the player...
  • Yes, I was on femara for several months.  Back in March I stopped taking it, DH and I decided to take a break from ttc but will be going back on it this summer.  I liked it much better than clomid, where I had the WORST hot flashes. 
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• I took Letrozole/Femara for 2 months. I responded better with it than clomid. I had 2 follicles with the Letrozole, where with clomid I only had one. I didn't have any side effects other than pain around the time I ovulate. The doctor told me it was because the follicles were getting bigger and may have burst. I had a laproscopy a little over 2 weeks ago and was diagnosed with stage 4 endometriosis and didn't take the letrozole this month. Since we can't afford invitro, we are just gonna keep doing the letrozole. Good luck to you!
  • I have used it for three months.  I've had good follicles all three months.  My only discomfort had been during ovulation, which is normal since the ovaries/follicles are probably larger than normal.  I have also used Ovidrel each month to trigger ovulation.
    Stopped BCP 7/08 BFP 11/09 - Natural MC 12/09 PCOS 2/10 - Began taking Metformin Femara with trigger from 3/10-7/10 IUI#1 7/10 - BFN Taking a break while I work on my Masters... Now cycling on my own with Metformin. BFP 2/18/11!!! Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Thanks everyone for the responses. I notice that alot of you talk about "follicles". That is the egg that develops in your ovaries right? I know that's a silly question but I am new to taking these meds. How do I know if my follicles are doing what they are supposed to. I should be getting ultrasounds right? My doc isn't having me do that...just the meds for now BUT how do I even know they are working?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"