3rd Trimester

Pack 'n Play mattress pad/liner?

So DH and I put together the Pack 'n Play yesterday and will be using it as a bassinet for the first few months. We registered for a sheet to cover the pad. But we were wondering, what happens if we have some leakage and the baby pees on it? Is it worth it to get a mattress pad? Does anyone know anything about these?

Just curiuos what we need to make the bassinet functional and still  have it be safe for LO.

Any insight is appreciated.

Off to the beach

DS 7/18/2010
Handy 2.0 Due Early August

2011/2012 Races
12/17/2011 Christmas Caper 10K
2/11/2012 Have a Heart 5K
3/17/2012 DC RNR Half Marathon
4/22/2012 10M Parkway Classic
10/28/2012 Marine Corps Marathon

Re: Pack 'n Play mattress pad/liner?

• Hmm. This never occured to me with DD#1...we used it for occassional napping, and never really had a problem. In the event of leakage I'd probably just hand wash and febreeze the heck out of that puppy...
    Rainbow baby due in September!
    .image
    May Siggy Challenge - Favorite Onscreen Mom
    image  image
  • The mattress pad should also be machine washable, and will protect anything that is NOT machine washable from getting soiled.

I would go ahead and get at least one.  It is not necessary to be functional, but I think it would make things easier.  You can always use the mattress pad(s) later in the crib if you want to.

In the day care I work in, we don't have mattress pads but are constantly washing the sheets for our pack n plays.  I think a mattress pad would be a nice addition.  We'll probably use one as well.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"