January 2011 Moms

how much water?

How much water do you ladies get in every day?  I'm trying to pull myself out of this dehydrated rut I'm in.
~Mom to an amazing Jan 2011 boy~
~EDD Nov 18, 2017 with my IUI success story~

[spoiler]
BabyFruit Ticker[/spoiler]

Re: how much water?

• About 75 - 100 fl oz throughout the day.
  • I am terrible at drinking water. But after my spotting came back this weekend I really needed to pick it up! I'm trying to drink 64oz but it's tough. So i bought a water bottle from target that holds 24oz and I aim to fill it 3x. I squeeze a whole lemon and put tons of ice each refill. It's made a huge difference!
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm in the same boat- definitely dehydrated.  Lately I've been keeping a bottle of water with me all the time and I just take a sip as often as I can...I can usually make it through a liter by the end of the day....but I'm used to drinking two.
  • Oh gosh, I'm not sure.  I have this plastic glass here at work that I fill up 5-6 times a day.  Probably not enough.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I don't actually know how much exactly, but I drink so much that my pee is usually clear.
    image  image
    Carina 12.28.2010 | Aurelia 9.23.12 | Chart - Round 3
  • I drink around 100oz on average, I'd say. Some days more, some days less.
  • I usually drink plenty.  I don't know how much, I just refill a bottle at school and a cup at home.  My urine is completely clear and I go ALL the time.  So I'm not to worried.  I am constantly thirsty though.
  • I seem to drink about 5 glasses a day on top of the juice and whatever else I drink.  I always feel like I have water up to my ears and can't swallow another drop and at the same time I feel like I could drink a whole swimming pool of water.  Weird.
  • Wow I really need to drink more....I'm having trouble getting down 3 16oz bottles and if I do that it's a lot.   I've been waking up atleast once but sometimes 3 times to pee at night still....I can't imagine what's gonna happen increasing it.  I might just sleep on the toilet :)
  • I just can't stay hydrated if I try to sip at water through out the day. I basically have to sit down and just drink an 8 oz glass straight. I try to drink a glass every time I pee, it seems to keep me pretty hydrated.
    DD1 01/09/11 DD2 10/31/12 #3 EDD 10/22/14--Stick baby stick! Always in my heart, 4 sweet angels 2/10, 10/11, 12/11 & 10/13
  • In the beginning, I was doing really well, but I've been slacking the last few days.  My goal is to fill my klean kanteen (which is 27 oz) 3 times a day.  Plus I usually drink 1-2 glass of 100% juice- either oj or apple.  Surprisingly, I am only drinking coffee a couple times a week right now, which is great for me!  As long as my pee is pretty clear at the end of the day, I feel ok about my fluids.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Not nearly enough.  Probably 6 8oz glasses but that's even a stretch.
                      Well, we're on our way to 3 kids, 3 and under.
                        Set to welcome the craziness in April 2014!

imageimage
  • 2-3 liters a day.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I drink lots of water only because in Feb I gave up soda and nothing else sounds good....
  • I just bought a Nalgene (BPA Free!) bottle so I could track it better. It's 32 oz and I usually drink 2-3 a day, plus other glasses of water here and there when I go out to eat, etc. I don't drink anything else so I think I'm good.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I don't really keep track.  I would say at least 5-8 full glasses a day, but I also carry a bottle with me everywhere I go.  I go by how I feel.  Don't let yourself "feel" thirsty.  Drink before you feel like you need to.  As long as my day time pee is clear, I am getting enough.
    I give up trying to get a ticker.  I have a DD that is 2.5 years old and is awesome.  Maybe I'll add a quote to distinguish myself.  Hmmm.  How about...

"It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn't use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like "What about lunch?" - A.A. Milne, Winnie-the-Pooh
  • imagenygirl07:
    Wow I really need to drink more....I'm having trouble getting down 3 16oz bottles and if I do that it's a lot.   I've been waking up atleast once but sometimes 3 times to pee at night still....I can't imagine what's gonna happen increasing it.  I might just sleep on the toilet :)

If you are peeing that often and its clear or very pale yellow, you are getting enough.  Not everyone needs 64 oz.  Its not a magic number.  Everyone's body uses water at different rates depending on activity level, metabolism, amount of salt intake etc...  We all have different needs.  Don't force more on yourself unless you have physical signs of dehydration.

I give up trying to get a ticker.  I have a DD that is 2.5 years old and is awesome.  Maybe I'll add a quote to distinguish myself.  Hmmm.  How about...

"It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn't use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like "What about lunch?" - A.A. Milne, Winnie-the-Pooh
  • I typcially drink 64 oz +.  I bring a 32 oz. nalgene bottle to work everyday, and then try and fill it and drink another one at home before I have anything else.  I really haven't been drinking much else besides water.  I often have a sparkling water at night, but that still counts as water!

Yogurt, and fruits w/ high water content (watermelon, for example) count towards your fluid intake, too...

Married 12.9.06

DD born 1.6.11

TTC #2 since 7.12

• Not nearly enough.  I used to drink almost 100oz a day, now I'm lucky if I get 32.  Once this nausea is gone I'll pull it back up.  Right now drinking makes me sick.
  • I don't drink near enough but the Dr said 2 liters.
  • I've been getting about 4 of my 14 oz Nalgene bottles in a day, so about 56 oz. Plus all the soup and fruits/veggies I like with high water content.

Even when I drink only 3 bottles, I wind up peeing every 1-2 hours and it's clear to very pale yellow, so I feel plenty hydrated!

• I've been taking 1L bottles to work and trying to drink one before lunch and one after.  I will usually drink a few more glasses at home.  I'm ALWAYS thirsty - even not KU.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"