Babies on the Brain

Mr. J has PPD.

Apparently very common in men. Particularly men with a history of depression, which he has.

It got very severe. Very quickly. He's getting treatment. I'm proud of him. And I hurt that he hurts.

J-by and I have thrush. We go to the doctor tomorrow.

I'm also having a margarita. Very well deserved, I do believe.

Yeah.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Mr. J has PPD.

• Whoa! Glad he's getting help and I hope you and J-by are feeling better soon. Drink up, hon!
    imageimageimage
  • oh hun. i'm sorry you're having such a hard time.

We're here for you babe!

• Loading the player...
  • So glad he is getting help and that he has a great wife like you. I hope he gets better very soon (and that the thrush goes away for you and Jude).
  • sorry to hear that.. enjoy your margarita!
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • I am so glad to hear he is getting treatment.  I hope he gets better soon.

And enjoy your margarita! 

• What were his symptoms?  Enjoy the well-deserved margarita and consider a second...:)
  • imagegrace_smith03:
    What were his symptoms?  Enjoy the well-deserved margarita and consider a second...:)

You do realize this post is five months old?

2 girls and a dog
  • imagegrace_smith03:
    What were his symptoms?  Enjoy the well-deserved margarita and consider a second...:)

I'm sure she's had numerous since then seeing as this post is almost 6 months old.

Fuucking bump and their desire to resurrect old ass posts for their dumbass newsletter (that I am getting still). 

Fuuck TTC - I'm moving on.
    imageimageimageimage
    "It's a child, not a cheeto" Thanks mmariluh!
    "Ew. I've read all of two posts from you, and you stink like rotting garbage."
  • imagegrace_smith03:
    His symptoms were he'd respond to five month old posts on Internet message boards.
    JHL 12/5/09 - 12/9/09
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I wonder if they even told jlee they would be using his post.
    photo db44578a-7b8c-4755-ad7b-b5de3ca46717.jpg

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• It's easy to forget that these "email" posts are often outdated.  Stop being obnoxious.
  • imageMommySomeday:
    It's easy to forget that these "email" posts are often outdated.  Stop being obnoxious.

And it's just as easy to look at the post date.

Stop being a twat. 

Fuuck TTC - I'm moving on.
    imageimageimageimage
    "It's a child, not a cheeto" Thanks mmariluh!
    "Ew. I've read all of two posts from you, and you stink like rotting garbage."
  • imageMandyBrownNoser:

imageMommySomeday:
    It's easy to forget that these "email" posts are often outdated.  Stop being obnoxious.

And it's just as easy to look at the post date.

Stop being a twat. 

LMAO.  This should get good.

• Wow it is hard for me to believe people are this rude!
  • imageLJWagner:
    Wow it is hard for me to believe people are this rude!

*snort*

• imageLJWagner:
    Wow it is hard for me to believe people are this rude!

JHL 12/5/09 - 12/9/09
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Yeah, seriously. But, you can't say anything...it seems to be ok to act in that manner on these boards. If you mention anyone being rude or snarky...YOU'RE the one who gets *** for it. I guess some people feel empowered whilst sitting behind their computer screens. In my opinion, it's those people who'd never act that way IRL. Just sayin'.

ETA: Meant to quote "Wow it is hard for me to believe people are this rude!" 

• imageGrace1ikeRain:

Yeah, seriously. But, you can't say anything...it seems to be ok to act in that manner on these boards. If you mention anyone being rude or snarky...YOU'RE the one who gets *** for it. I guess some people feel empowered whilst sitting behind their computer screens. In my opinion, it's those people who'd never act that way IRL. Just sayin'.

I actually do act this way IRL.  Hence my few friends.  And that is more than fine with me.

• LOL How funny that the bump would send out outdated topics as today's link...I guess they must have thought that the topic was still relevant, as is my question....although i DO hope that the OP has had a few margs since the post. 

As for some of the biotches who posted about the post being old, *I* didn't realize it was an old post. However, *you* did. What's your excuse, loser?  Stick out tongue 

• imagegrace_smith03:

LOL How funny that the bump would send out outdated topics as today's link...I guess they must have thought that the topic was still relevant, as is my question....although i DO hope that the OP has had a few margs since the post. 

As for some of the biotches that posted about the post being old, *I* didn't realize it was an old post. However, *you* did. What's your excuse, loser?  Stick out tongue 

We can read, so it's a reading comprehension fail on your part. Oh, and we know the OP, so we remember WHEN she posted this, her baby was a newborn. TYVM. YWIA.

High-risk L&D nurse...If in doubt, go to triage!

Trevor Calvin 12.10.07 7:26pm 7lbs2.5oz 19.75in

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Emerson Claire 07.07.11 11:34am 7lbs7oz 20.5 in

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Yeah, they have been sending a lot of outdated posts in their newsletters lately, haven't they?  I've seen it happen quite a few times in the past several weeks.  It's frustrating because you see an interesting topic and when you follow the link you find old news.  meh.

• imagegrace_smith03:

LOL How funny that the bump would send out outdated topics as today's link...I guess they must have thought that the topic was still relevant, as is my question....although i DO hope that the OP has had a few margs since the post. 

As for some of the biotches that posted about the post being old, *I* didn't realize it was an old post. However, *you* did. What's your excuse, loser?  Stick out tongue 

I'm late to the party, but when I saw this post jump to the top my first thought was 'I thought Mr. J was doing better. I hope this is an old post.' Then I opened it and looked at the date. How, exactly, does that make someone a loser?

• Aside from the fact that jlee hasn't responded (not around?), where's the harm in answering the question, regardless of how old the post is? I can get behind a lot of snark on here, but a harmless question about a husband suffering from PPD? Huh?
  • imageweelass24:
    imageGrace1ikeRain:

Yeah, seriously. But, you can't say anything...it seems to be ok to act in that manner on these boards. If you mention anyone being rude or snarky...YOU'RE the one who gets *** for it. I guess some people feel empowered whilst sitting behind their computer screens. In my opinion, it's those people who'd never act that way IRL. Just sayin'.

I actually do act this way IRL.  Hence my few friends.  And that is more than fine with me.

Okay, for those who aren't in the know, these people are called "trolls". They exist on Youtube, The Bump, anywhere there is a message board. These people generally don't sign up to these websites/weekly newsletters for the actual purpose of the message boards. In other words, they sign up to be members on message boards to be an a** for their own kicks. They like to see the responses other people post, no matter what they are. Fighting with them is like running in the special Olympics...even if you win, you're retarded. My husband taught me about these guys and I've tended to lie low on message boards because they're there just to try to make others miserable. Personally, I wouldn't even believe these people are Moms, or if they are, they have way to much time on their hands and I regret how neglected their children feel. I'm preggo, maybe they are too...

To those of you trolling the boards, we all know that this post is over 6 months old, but guess what? Many of us don't care  O.o    Your lack of friends is no concern to anyone on here and I know you're probably going to come back and try to flame me because you think you're such big shots with big mouths. I'm going to leave this board and not come back on, but you're going to keep coming back...and that's the power we non-trollers have over you guys. Watch "Something Wicked This Way Comes" sometime and you'll see a perfect portrait of yourself in Mr. Dark and all of his croanies. You feed off of anguish and butter your bread with sweet pain. It's a delicacy and you are addicted to it. Honestly, I feel sorry for you. Go ahead and ignore my post or post something up after it. I won't be around to see, so I hope you enjoy wasting your time glued to this six month old post. You obviously looked at it and wanted to add your two cents, so you're just as bad as the rest...as am I.

To the OP I'm sorry you had to go through with that. I hope you enjoyed your stronger than average drinks   :-)

• imagesilver_strands87:
    imageweelass24:
    imageGrace1ikeRain:

Okay, for those who aren't in the know, these people are called "trolls". They exist on Youtube, The Bump, anywhere there is a message board. These people generally don't sign up to these websites/weekly newsletters for the actual purpose of the message boards. In other words, they sign up to be members on message boards to be an a** for their own kicks. They like to see the responses other people post, no matter what they are. Fighting with them is like running in the special Olympics...even if you win, you're retarded. My husband taught me about these guys and I've tended to lie low on message boards because they're there just to try to make others miserable. Personally, I wouldn't even believe these people are Moms, or if they are, they have way to much time on their hands and I regret how neglected their children feel. I'm preggo, maybe they are too...

To those of you trolling the boards, we all know that this post is over 6 months old, but guess what? Many of us don't care  O.o    Your lack of friends is no concern to anyone on here and I know you're probably going to come back and try to flame me because you think you're such big shots with big mouths. I'm going to leave this board and not come back on, but you're going to keep coming back...and that's the power we non-trollers have over you guys. Watch "Something Wicked This Way Comes" sometime and you'll see a perfect portrait of yourself in Mr. Dark and all of his croanies. You feed off of anguish and butter your bread with sweet pain. It's a delicacy and you are addicted to it. Honestly, I feel sorry for you. Go ahead and ignore my post or post something up after it. I won't be around to see, so I hope you enjoy wasting your time glued to this six month old post. You obviously looked at it and wanted to add your two cents, so you're just as bad as the rest...as am I.

To the OP I'm sorry you had to go through with that. I hope you enjoyed your stronger than average drinks   :-)

I think someone's husband forgot to teach her about Regulars.  

• imagesilver_strands87:
    imageweelass24:
    imageGrace1ikeRain:

OK, this? Deserves snark. Thank you, incorrect definer of Internet trolls. You're more of a troll than any of the BOTB ladies who busted out some smart-ass responses.
  • imagesilver_strands87:
    Fighting with them is like running in the special Olympics...even if you win, you're retarded. 

Well, you've made one thing clear: you're a fvcking douche.

JHL 12/5/09 - 12/9/09
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • imagesilver_strands87:
    imageweelass24:
    imageGrace1ikeRain:

First of all, that comment about the special olympics is way out of line and offensive.  Please think before you post.

Second, are you calling Wee a troll?  Boy are you barking up the wrong tree.

• imagegreenclown:
    imagesilver_strands87:
    Fighting with them is like running in the special Olympics...even if you win, you're retarded. 

Yup.

High-risk L&D nurse...If in doubt, go to triage!

Trevor Calvin 12.10.07 7:26pm 7lbs2.5oz 19.75in

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Emerson Claire 07.07.11 11:34am 7lbs7oz 20.5 in

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• imagegreenclown:
    imagesilver_strands87:

It's not ok, ever, to call someone retarded.  I would think someone as *educated* as you would know that.  

And Wee, more regular than you'll ever be.  Take a look at her post count newbie. 

• imagemrsadamc 05:
    imagegreenclown:
    imagesilver_strands87:

It's not ok, ever, to call someone retarded.  I would think someone as *educated* as you would know that.  

And Wee, more regular than you'll ever be.  Take a look at her post count newbie. 

wow. fvcking douche does not even begin to describe what you are. even if you made a valid point in your post you lost all credibility when you made that disgusting comment. FFS

Wee Rocks Yes

• imagesilver_strands87:
    imageweelass24:
    imageGrace1ikeRain:

Ummm you are the one trolling on a random board with 12 posts. 90% of the ladies that posted to your nonsense are regulars on this board and remember when the OP was new. Also, making a comment about the special Olympics is not only in bad taste it is extremely ignorant. Please dont post here, we do not need your kind here.  

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • thats something that i've had concerns about as my hubby does have a history of depression. any preventative measures? i am hoping that maybe in our case it will work the other way around and having a baby will bring some joy into our lives but i am also trying to be prepared for the other side of the coin. no matter the case i tell him all the time its perfectly ok and normal to feel overwhelmed, and i encourage him to talk openly about how he feels. time will tell i guess!
  • imageJenandtonica:
    where's the harm in answering the question, regardless of how old the post is?

This.

• imageMommySomeday:

imageJenandtonica:

This.

Thank you for your input, My Child.

• imageMommySomeday:

imageJenandtonica:

This.

LOL.  Big Smile

Photobucket Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"