3rd Trimester

Internals every week?

I know this is a stupid question, but I really am not sure, DD was born at 36 weeks so I never experienced that last month.  My doctor did an internal at 36 weeks (last week), I was not dialated or effaced.  Will they continue to do one at each weekly appointment to check your progress?  I imagine the answer is yes.....

Thanks!

Re: Internals every week?

• My OB does them weekly after 36 weeks. 
  • imageLyndsayQ:
    My OB does them weekly after 36 weeks. 

this!

• Loading the player...
  • Yup, mine is doing them weekly. :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I've always had them done weekly in the past (2 different dr's) but I know some don't and some don't at all. But I think it's typical for them to be weekly.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • My OB only does one at 36 weeks.  I guess if I go over my due date I will get another one.
  • My doctor does them if you ask, other wise no internals until 40 weeks.

He did one when I had my strep B swab done, but just because he was already down there, and I had been having alot of cramping. 

Blessed with 2 amazing little boys. One grew in my tummy and the other my heart.

06/30/10 my 1st son was born on my birthday. 
    TTC #2 since 05/2011 BFP- Feb 2012, EDD- 11/01/12, m/c- 03/05/12 @ 5w+4d 
    12/20/13 my 2nd son was born and placed in my arms.
    Surprise BFP- Nov 2014, EDD- 8/06/215, mc 12/24/2015 @ 8w+6d
    SURPRISE - BFP- 4/8/2105

• Every dr is different. My midwife only did one at 36 weeks because she was checking for group b strep. Otherwise she will not do another until 40 weeks unless I ask.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Mine will start weekly at 36w.  Definitely not looking forward to that.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker, Pregnancy Ticker
  • I got a routine one at 37 weeks and at my 38 week appointment, the nurse asked if I would like to be checked again or not--I think mine are optional.  I opted to get one because I'm too curious to know what is happening in there.
  • My Dr starts at 36 weeks when they do the GBS, then weekly until you deliver.....its uncomfortable but not the worst thing in the world.  When I had DD the nurse did them hourly once I was admitted into L&D, you get used to the process.  At least you know whether you're making progress...
  • With my first pregnancy my doctor didn't do them at all but with this pregnancy my doctor does them every visit after 36 weeks.. So really it just depends on your office.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"