Pregnant after 35

Feeling pregnant or just feeling old!

I feel like a worn out old lady.  Though I am sooo very appreciative, I can't help but wonder if I had a baby when I was alot younger if it would have been easier!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Photobucket

Re: Feeling pregnant or just feeling old!

• I soo feel your pain. I have 4 children, ages 23, 17, 14, 13 and I can tell you that this pregnancy is way different than any of those. Don't get me wrong, I'm very blessed by this pregnancy, but it is taking a toll on me, mentally and physically. But I know that it's all worth it. I can't wait to meet my little girls. Hang in there hun, it will be over soon.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageKarizmalei:
    I soo feel your pain. I have 4 children, ages 23, 17, 14, 13 and I can tell you that this pregnancy is way different than any of those. Don't get me wrong, I'm very blessed by this pregnancy, but it is taking a toll on me, mentally and physically. But I know that it's all worth it. I can't wait to meet my little girls. Hang in there hun, it will be over soon.

You are right it will be all worth it!  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Photobucket
  • Loading the player...
  • Yep, would have been easier. This one is kicking my butt way harder than any previously.
    8 month cutie

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • This is my first - at forty- and I am tired all the time. I am finding it hard to focus on work....I have tried to start exercising at least 4 times per week. I think it has boosted my energy levels....all I really have the energy for is eating, sleeping and working:(.....hope it gets easier with the second trimester.....
  • this is my first pregnancy. I'm 34. And all I feel is tired and fat.

I can't wait to feel pregnant.

I understand.

Dx: MFI, DOR, 9 Fibroids and homozygous MTHFR

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

"Smudge's Story - How to Grow a Dandelion" will return soon!
    The Dandelion Archive
    "If dandelions were hard to grow, they would be most welcome on any lawn."

We're Finally Three Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I only have about 3 years difference between this one and the last one and I'm getting my butt kicked every day. I'm tired, sore, achey, uncomfortable and so on. I don't remember being this run down with the first one at all so I'm thinking it must be a combo of age and the crazy heat we've had this year so far. I'm not looking forward to this summer at all and I usually love summer.

I am a Wonder-Mom!
    DD#1 - January 2008
    DD#2 - September 2010
  • I had my daughter 20 years ago and my son 3 years ago. This preg resembles the one 20 years ago b/c I had a bad nausea in the 1 st tri now and then, but was feeling great throughout my 2d preg. Now I am in my 2d tri and feeling fine. Will see what happens during the 3d tri. In terms of child care, now I have more means to hire help than 20 years ago.

• At 40 years old, and this being my first (and possibly ONLY) child, I have turned in to the biggest whiner I know.  Nothing fits, I'm tired and cranky, I can't breathe, my back is starting to hurt, I can't sleep......

Ugh. 

• back just started hurting two days ago.  I'm moving a lot slower than normally and have gained  A LOT of extra weight since I'm eating everything and not caring and midwives don't seem to mind.  I know when she comes, we'll be that mama baby team working out at the gym with her in a carseat!
  • imageGenRN45:

this is my first pregnancy. I'm 34. And all I feel is tired and fat.

I can't wait to feel pregnant.

I understand.

this was me a few weeks back - I just turned 35, so I was 34 in  your stage of pregnancy too.  I felt fat and tired.  The 2nd trimester helped alot.  But growing an acutal belly helped much more!  Made me feel pregnant vs fat. it does get better.   

• imagemlheadle:
    This is my first - at forty- and I am tired all the time. I am finding it hard to focus on work....I have tried to start exercising at least 4 times per week. I think it has boosted my energy levels....all I really have the energy for is eating, sleeping and working:(.....hope it gets easier with the second trimester.....

This for me too! I have been trying to get some cardio in every day but I am totally zonked! I get moving in the am but the nausea started this week. I don't have much energy to eat at the end of the day though.  Just want to crawl on the couch. Probably doesn't help that I am on my feet selling, 8 hours a day!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I didn't feel this tired with my son when I was 37.  I think a lot for me is that I am pregnant with a 19 month old running around.
  • imagemlheadle:
    This is my first - at forty- and I am tired all the time. I am finding it hard to focus on work....I have tried to start exercising at least 4 times per week. I think it has boosted my energy levels....all I really have the energy for is eating, sleeping and working:(.....hope it gets easier with the second trimester.....

That's totally normal in the first tri.  I was in a fog for both pregnancies until 12 weeks.  It lifts for the 2nd tri and then sneaks back in during the 3rd.

• I'm 42 and this is my first. Maybe that's good that I don't have anything to compare it to because I'm worn out every day and don't know any different! It sooo doesn't help when people respond with "HAHA just wait until the third trimester/he gets here/he starts walking...". My favorite was "HAHA well, it won't ever get any better!" It got so ridiculous that now when someone asks how I'm doing I just say "great!" and leave it at that. Meahwhile...ZZZzzzzzzz.....
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"