Babies: 0 - 3 Months

BFing and Weight gain

My LO in 3 months old. I have been breastfeeding her since day one. I feel like my supply has let up recently. I have been attempting to pump but nothing really comes out. I have tried Mothers Milk and Fenugreek. I haven't noticed a difference at all. In the last couple weeks it seems as if she isnt as chubby as she once was. I want to keep her weight up and keep her full. My doctor okayed cereal but I want to keep my baby healthy and make the right choice. Should I add cereal or formula to her diet? Any help? She weighs 11.63 as of today and is 3 months old.

Thanks!

Re: BFing and Weight gain

• That happen with my DS I had a really hard time keeping up with him so I introduced cereal at 4 months. It was a relief once the pedi gave the ok because I was so stressed about feeding him and if he was getting enough. He was born weighing almost 9 lbs but after that he was on the smaller side until he turned 1. Don't stress too much about it that will make it worse. If your baby is gaining weight and pedi isnt worried I think you are ok
  • imageJenandJustin10806:
    That happen with my DS I had a really hard time keeping up with him so I introduced cereal at 4 months. It was a relief once the pedi gave the ok because I was so stressed about feeding him and if he was getting enough. He was born weighing almost 9 lbs but after that he was on the smaller side until he turned 1. Don't stress too much about it that will make it worse. If your baby is gaining weight and pedi isnt worried I think you are ok

Thanks so much. I think that I'll stick with just BFing until I have to do something else.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"