1st Trimester

7 week u/s?

Today I had my first appointment, but it was the "family history" one.  We scheduled my next appointment for june 21 which I will be about 7w3d.  The Dr. said that she may do an u/s but she's not sure.

I'm just curious, how many of you had a u/s for 7 weeks? tia :)

Re: 7 week u/s?

• I had one yesterday, the baby look liked an itty bitty piece of rice : )
  • image*sallymad*:
    I had one yesterday, the baby look liked an itty bitty piece of rice : )

How awesome! :)

• Loading the player...
  • For my first appointment I was considered 8 weeks by my LMP.  I told my OB that I had been charting and thought I was 7 weeks and 2 days.  She did an ultrasound and the baby was measuring 7 weeks on the dot.  Long explanation, but yes, my first u/s was at 7 weeks.  I hope you Dr. decides to do one for you! 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyFetus Ticker
  • My first u/s will be at 7w1d (based on my calculations) but this is only due to a prior m/c.  If I had made it to my first OB last time it would have been just what you did, family history at 8w then another 2w after that the first u/s. 

Honestly I think it varies a lot, I have a friend who is a little over 8w right now, had her first appt yesterday, no u/s yet... they said she had to wait 20 wks for that. 

BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageELien82:

My first u/s will be at 7w1d (based on my calculations) but this is only due to a prior m/c.  If I had made it to my first OB last time it would have been just what you did, family history at 8w then another 2w after that the first u/s. 

Honestly I think it varies a lot, I have a friend who is a little over 8w right now, had her first appt yesterday, no u/s yet... they said she had to wait 20 wks for that. 

I feel like I will go nuts if it's that long! Indifferent

• I'm going in for one tomorrow and I'll be 7 wk 2 days.  I was schedule to wait another week, but I'm going in early because of some pretty good pain I've been having, I was told it might be early for the heartbeat though
  • i did b/c there was some spotting.  they saw the baby and heat beat.
  • I had one done at 9 weeks and it was still pretty tiny, I went back at 11 weeks and the baby grew so much! Even though its so hard to be patient and wait, I liked seeing baby when I could actually tell it was growing in there :)
  • I didn't and I won't get one until 20wks :(
  • Sad

imagefinndog:
    I didn't and I won't get one until 20wks :(

Sorry

• I have a similar situation - my appt was made based on the nurse's asking with was the first day of my LMP and when I told them they scheduled it... of course once I got in I told them how I just stopped taking BC in March and I think my ovulation schedule changed and sure enough when they did a vaginal ultrasound I was only 6 weeks preggo - I am going back this upcoming Monday for another ultrasound (however I was happy that the doc said they already saw a tiny "flicker" during week 6 which was the heartbeat!

I hope you get your ultrasound!
    When you are a mother, you are never really alone in your thoughts. A mother always has to think twice, once for herself and once for her child. ~Sophia Loren, Women and Beauty
  • With my son they did an ultrasound at 7 weeks. I had a miscarriage the previous pregnancy and so they said they were doing one early just to make sure all Is good. Congrats!!!
    Me-26, DH-29, Together since '99, Married 6-20-09, M/C @ 10 weeks '03, DS#1: 6, DS#2: Stillborn @ 39 weeks due to umbilical cord accident 5.29.11: TTC #3 ******************************* Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Trying to Conceive 15 to 80 day cycle tickers
  • I had a transvaginal ultrasound today at 7 weeks and 2 days and like Madison above, we could see the heartbeat.  Smile
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I haven't had one yet and I'm over 13 weeks.  I wasn't scheduled to get one until 20 weeks except that now I need one early since the size of my uterus does not match my dates (and I know when I ovulated from charting).
    Proud Momma to two beautiful children!!!

• I had my u/s at 7 weeks.  It was really hard to wait!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Lilypie - (A6Jy)

• My doctor loves giving out ultrasounds, so with my DD I had ne at 7 weeks, 10 weeks, 18 weeks... I do have to say that the baby does look like a grain of rice at the 7 week, but we did see the heart and we were able to listen to it beat. There was a HUGE difference between the 7 and 10 week ultrasounds!
  • I called the Dr. office and asked today; first u/s will be at 20 weeks. :-(
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Oh my, I have had like 10 ultrasounds and I'm fairly 9 weeks. The thing is that I had a misscarriage last year, so I'm guessing its also to make sure everything is fine. And also bc I had a threat of misscarriage again. But everything is OK now.

My 11th U/S will be tomorrow and I know I will be able to see his tiny body!!! I'm so exited, in my other Ultrasounds, i have only been able to see the heartbeat but not hear it. I'm so exited wish it was tomorrow already!

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • I did, but I have had a previous early loss.

I could see the shape of the whole babie's body floating next to the yolk sac.

• imagemaddychick:
    I'm going in for one tomorrow and I'll be 7 wk 2 days.  I was schedule to wait another week, but I'm going in early because of some pretty good pain I've been having, I was told it might be early for the heartbeat though

We saw the heartbeat at 5wks 5days with an internal ultrasound :)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • At my first one (due to spotting) I measured 5w1d, so they scheduled a follow up for 2 weeks - so Monday I may be 7w1d - they said the measurements aren't that accurate w/o the embryo visible.  But I should definetly be somewhere in week 7. 

"Little seahorse/Floating on a primal tide/Quickening like a/Spark in a haystack side/I already love you/And I don't even know who you are" -Bruce Cockburn BabyFetus TickerLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers BOOKWORMS and BUTTERFLIES
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"