3rd Trimester
Options

Vent: Belly Button

Okay, I am being totally vain.  I can't help but hate that my wonderful inny belly button stayed an inny until 38 weeks.  Now, it decides to start becoming an outty.  I hope it becomes an inny again.  I've heard some moms say that the belly button doesn't return to normal post-pregnancy.  Any 2nd+ time moms have any knowledge on the subject?
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Our Little Guy due 4/14/13 BabyFetus Ticker

Re: Vent: Belly Button

• Options
    Mine has been an outty for quite some time now and I hate it too!  I hope to God that it goes back in after pregnancy, I had not heard it may stay out! I hope not!
  • Options
    My belly button looks like a battle wound. I had a piercing that I took out early in pregnancy, but it still stretched. AND I also have an outtie. I have visions of wearing my piercing again and my cute belly button that I used to have. Here's to wishful thinking!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imageRitaT22:
    My belly button looks like a battle wound. I had a piercing that I took out early in pregnancy, but it still stretched. AND I also have an outtie. I have visions of wearing my piercing again and my cute belly button that I used to have. Here's to wishful thinking!

Don't bank on getting that ring back in :( My belly button piercing stretched so much with DD1 that it was saggy and gross after I had her. There was no wait I would be able to get it back in, it would have just hung in the loose skin, YUCK! :( You might be different though!

Me: 30 DH: 30
    DD1: 8 (6/11/07)  DD2: 5 (6/15/10)
    BFP 10/13/2014 ... Natural M/C 10/25/14
    BFP...11/25/14! Grow Baby Grow! :)
    *our 3rd and our last*
    Repeat C/S scheduled for 7/29/15
  • Options
    With my first pregnancy my belly button became a flatty, it never completely popped out but it was really close. It went completely back to normal, belly button ring and all. There is hope!
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Awww man, mine is still an inny and I figured I was safe...guess we will see how much I grow in the next 5 weeks (give or take)!
  • Options
    First of all, I just have to say that I've never seen a vent post about a belly button... I had to come in and see what that was about!  Secondly, I totally agree with you - I wanna keep my innie!  Here's hoping you get your innie back intact. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I'm depressed that yours popped at 38 weeks! I'm still an innie and figured that if it was going to pop it would have already. Now I know better!
  • Options
    My belly button looks awful. I never really had an innie or outie, and now it is just flat and stretched out. To make things worse I had my belly button pierced and it is all stretched out and painful now.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"