2nd Trimester

Orgasm During Childbirth

I stumbled upon this as I was looking up the Lotus birth. Never heard of this,but thought I pass on the info! While the first case seemed to be her having an actual orgasm,the rest seemed more about changing the preconceived notion of pain in pregnancy. Check it out:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H_0FLuu3VmY&feature=related

Re: Orgasm During Childbirth

• A FB friend of mine had this posted a few months ago.  I really don't think I could do it, but more power to her.  Whatever floats your boat!
  • I know,right?! I say bring on the epi for me. I do understand the idea of changing your mindset of labor though.
  • Loading the player...
  • gonna be honest.. this kinda creeps me out lol
  • imagestephanieroyer:
    gonna be honest.. this kinda creeps me out lol

ME TOO!

I understand it, I get how its possible... I just do not want to achieve an orgasm from my CHILD.... that just seems... wrong to me lol 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Wow.. interesting indeed. But I am not sure how many pregnant ladies will be inspired to go through giving birth this way. I was reading the comments on the youtube and some ppl found it really gross while others commented that it was beautiful. Nice to know what some ppl are doing but I am sticking to the hospital and their epidural plan.
  • imagejfwilliams:

imagestephanieroyer:

ME TOO!

I understand it, I get how its possible... I just do not want to achieve an orgasm from my CHILD.... that just seems... wrong to me lol 

Totally agree,but I would like to get rid of this "fear" thing I feel about giving birth. I clearly don't want to achieve an orgasm,but do want to have a more peaceful outlook.

• YulesYules member
    imageSkyqueen737:
    imagejfwilliams:

imagestephanieroyer:

ME TOO!

Totally agree,but I would like to get rid of this "fear" thing I feel about giving birth. I clearly don't want to achieve an orgasm,but do want to have a more peaceful outlook.

I just started reading a book on hypnobirthing. The premise of the philosophy is that childbirth is painful when we expect it to be. Text works on getting rid of preconceived notions of fear and pain. I like it so far, may have to shell out $300 on the actual class.

• imagestephanieroyer:
    ditto!
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I've earned $55 in Amazon gift cards just for using the swagbucks search engine...ready to start earning free stuff? Click my referral link below!

Search & Win
  • I posted this a few months back it was a different video though but from youtube. It freaked me out for weeks! Some people never cease to amaze me ::barf::
    photo b6d12d4a-3c41-4686-a0af-8cf854f979e4_zpsffdadc4c.jpg Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • There are a lot of weird ass people out there. Indifferent
  • wow.. thats crazyy ive never heard of this
  • I understand the concept of removing the fear from childbirth, and allowing things to happen naturally and without meds. That is the position that I am taking.  That being said, that woman got WAY too much of it!  I have to agree that acheiving orgasm from your baby is just too creepy. 

What Are Your Thoughts on Tap Dancing Penguins?

• imagerochella:
    Yeah, I don't really want to associate anything sexual with childbirth.  Ew.

True...especially with "strangers" around. However I assume many of us (not all, I know) achieved pregnancy via sexually :) I think the concept is that there are a lot of the same hormones that go through your system when having sex/having an orgasm and giving birth.

I don't know if I 100% buy it though. I know there are similarities but I wouldn't be surprised that some women who are all gung ho at trying to do this end up faking it ;)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image

• imagerochella:

Bahahahaha!  How did the baby get there in the first place, then?  Wink

• totally agree...childbirth is supposed to be a wonderful, miraculous event....not a sexual encounter.  It's kinda creepy to get an orgasm (or any other sexual feeling) from your child!!
  • I actually noticed something similar to what they're describing while giving birth to my little one.  Every contraction started out in the same way an orgasm did, but what took it to a painful level (for me) was the way it spread into my spine and hips.  I was induced after being diagnosed with pre-eclampsia, and opted for no epidural (I had been planning the no-epidural part.  I was hoping for a completely natural birth, but, well, sometimes, you don't always get what you want, and I'm ok with that now.).  I found, like it was explained in the video, that being on my back was actually more painful than the position I ended up in for most of labor, which was sitting with my legs in a deep butterfly position (yoga), and leaning forward into each contraction while breathing deep.  It REALLY helped the pain, and helped me feel what was going on.  I eventually had to use something to grab onto to alleviate pain (first was the bed rail, next was my husband's hand, LOL) but it helped me be aware of what my body was doing.  
  • Well, to be honest, the same hormones and muscles are involved in both, just to a more extreme degree with childbirth.  Your child isn't the one giving you the orgasm OR the contractions.  It's 100% hormonal ;)
  • Ill def stick with the pain.... I guess its nice for the others but it just seems wrong to me
  • I have heard of this and I honestly hope it is possible, and congrats to any who can pull it off.

I just had my first baby, Avani Ann, a month ago and I was so scared about the pain b/c I did NOT want an epidural. The thought of not being able to feel my lower half creeps me out. But when I started having contractions they were more of a dull ache, and as they got longer and more intense I went with it Felt nothing close to pleasure, but after 10 hours close to agonizing (was def ready for a mild drip), but nothing sharp. Once I went to the hospital I was already 10 cm, clean water break, and pushing was only exhausting, not painful, so no need for pain meds.  I guess what I mean is there is really no need for orgasm, just don't think of it as overwhelming and anyone can endure w/o an epi (unless medically needed). 

• I agree with you. The female body's abilities to conceive, nurture & deliver a baby are an astounding feat of nature's engineering... and sex is essential to the mix, so we don't need to think of orgasm as necessarily separate or inappropriate. Leading voices in reviving midwivery have been actively fighting for years to help women embrace childbirth as something they are designed well to do, not something that fundamentally happens TO them in a hospital, with doctors saving them from messing it all up, if left to trust their bodies. If you have fears about birth, it helps to read Ina May Gaskin's "Guide to Childbirth." It makes a difference to have a clear understanding of how the body works during pregnancy, labor & delivery, and has helped me develop confidence and excitement about the birth of my baby. Trust your body and have faith in it. I wish us all luck with the challenges and triumphs ahead of us!
  • Thank you for posting this. I love the movie Orgasmic Childbirth- and there is a story behind the name. It is about what childbirth can be. We live in a world today where c-sections and epidurals are the norm and most women don't know the true risks associated and they're doctors aren't going to tell them. If a section or epidural is how you want to go, then so be it, it's a mother's choice. But what I really wish for is for all women to be educated on all the pros/cons. For them to be educated on what childbirth is, and what's normal- not what their OB says is normal or what the hospital says is normal. OB's, hospitals and all their interventions can be life-saving, definitely! But there's a very small percentage of cases in which those interventions are actually needed and when they're used on a mother/baby that don't truly need them, they often cause more problems than they create- a domino effect. Birth is a very sexual experience/event. All of the hormones/organs used to make a baby are the same as those used to birth a baby. In order for a woman to give birth her oxytocin levels must reach the same level they do during orgasm. In fact, immediately following a natural birth, a woman's oxytocin (also known as the 'love hormone') levels are at the highest level they will ever be in her life! It's the release of these hormones that allows a woman to IMMEDIATELY bond with her child. Yes, all of use love our children and bond with them to one extent or another, but I've seen first hand the difference an unmedicated birth makes in the bonding process. Again, choose for yourself how you want to give birth. I'm a doula working toward certification and I fully believe that it's a mother's choice- that the mother doesn't have choose what I think would be best for her- she has to make those decisions. I am a strong advocate though for informing yourself b/c trust me, most OB's aren't going to FULLY inform you. I made the mistake of having 2 sections without fully understanding and with each child I learned more. I'm now pregnant with my 4th and have done my research. Unfortunately, it's probably too late given some of the 'issues' I have for me to go any route but a section- it truly is safest for me as I have chronic Type 1 diabetes and this affects so many aspects from the pregnancy, baby, and even the healing/recovery from a section. I praise God that all my babies have been born healthy and my pregnancies haven't carried anywhere NEAR the complications they have. All I suggest ladies, again, is that you educate yourself- read- there are a lot of good books out there, but there are also some incorrect books, so read carefully. Best pregnancy/birth wishes to you all!
  • If you are interested watch "Orgasmic Birth" and "The Business of Being Born". Natural childbirth has many benefits for mother and child! It's nature!
  • Thank you! I don't understand why some women are seeing this as your baby "getting you off" to some degree. If you can open your mind and trust in your body and what it already knows how to do, you can maybe have an easier birth...perhaps not orgasmic but, hey, to each her own. Have some faith in yourself and nature, ladies. :)
  • imageslwhatley:

imagecappyfam:
    If you are interested watch "Orgasmic Birth" and "The Business of Being Born". Natural childbirth has many benefits for mother and child! It's nature!

Please go pimp your ideals elsewhere.
    <<<<<<   Natural Birth Board is over there. 

That was awfully rude. I don't see anything in that short post about "pimping" ideals anywhere.  She simply offered two options for anyone looking for more information. 

• Thanks for posting!  I just finished reading Ina Mays' "Guide to Childbirth," and she draws a lot of parallels between sex and childbirth.  Not only the hormonal/physical aspects, but the psychological ones as well.  The biggest "eye-opener" for me was her parallel between "trying to orgasm" and "allowing yourself to orgasm."  What she basically says is that during sex, if you try so hard to control it, having lots of conscious thoughts, that you can actually prevent yourself from the orgasm.  Whereas if you let your mind go blank, give in to the feelings, and let your "primitive brain" take over, all of a sudden, there it is.  The same goes for childbirth.  When you have lots of those conscious thoughts, they can sometimes lead to tension, etc, and end up causing more pain.  But if you allow yourself to let go, stop those thoughts, and just let your body do what it needs to do, then all of a sudden your baby is there.  So do I expect to have an orgasmic birth with this one?  No, and not everyone would describe theirs that way.  Often times you see the words rapture, ecstasy, and euphoria as ways of describing birth.  So I practice letting my mind go blank, letting my body take over... and you know what?  Sex has never been better.  So who knows what this will mean for my labor... I am so excited for that experience.  
  • My epidural didn't take and I did feel it, but I lived. When it's over, you forget the pain. I didn't pass out or anything like that, and my daughter was a little over 8 lbs. I guess if it were twins, I odn't think I could of done. And I needed my Fiance next to me, but with him and the nurse coaching me through, I made it. I think I dropped an F-bomb or two, and I'm not planning on doing it again any time soon, but you shouldn't be afraid. I know that won't make you stop being afraid, but really, it's something that only a woman could do and something you'll be glad you did. Just think of the end and the journey doesn't seem like a big deal.
  • I feel so sorry for most of you women.  Most of you had to have sex to produce a baby.  It was the love that you shared with your partner that created your child, why should that love not be there when your child is welcomed into this world?  I just gave birth on 3-20-10 and it was to best thing in the world.  My daughter didn't "give" me an orgasm but I did achieve one. I wasn't trying to have one, it just happened.  The waves that come over you during intercourse are pretty much the waves that come over you during childbirth.  The contractions created so much "pressure" that as her legs were being delivered it was the biggest and best release I've ever had.  Again, it was nothing "sexual" that my child did to me.  An unmedicated childbirth allows you to feel everything and I can't wait to do it again!  Also, my husband, sister, mom and mother in law as well as our 2 midwives were all there and they had no idea of the feelings that I had.   Open your minds a little.  Childbirth isn't a punishment, it isn't supposed to be horrific.  Childbirth is a blessing and is the most amazing part of my life so far!
  • I stumbled across this before- I think it sounds amazing! I mean I hope most of us had a few orgasm's along the way of achieving our pregnancy. I'm no expert but I think it makes sense that it's when the body won't relax, feeling fear instead that goes against the labor and pain levels increase. I've heard too that there can be a better mother baby bond after the birth and I expected that it'd be a safer pain relief too than some of the drug's.

• imageslwhatley:
    imageskearhart4:
    imageslwhatley:

imagecappyfam:
    If you are interested watch "Orgasmic Birth" and "The Business of Being Born". Natural childbirth has many benefits for mother and child! It's nature!

That was awfully rude. I don't see anything in that short post about "pimping" ideals anywhere.  She simply offered two options for anyone looking for more information. 

I actually meant to quote the giant wall of text before that. My bad. Either way, I am so over being told how much more "natural" my birth could be. Blah.

Well, if you're happy with your choices, then more power to you.  We all make our choices, but that doesn't give you any right to be rude because you have chosen differently than someone else posting in favor of this topic.  If you're not interested in this type of information, then don't read it.  The thing is, there are Moms who find this type of information interesting, maybe even eye-opening or life-changing, and if it isn't available, then how are they supposed to find it?  "Mainstream" pregnancy books don't even cover unmedicated, natural, orgasmic birth, so no one knows about it. 

• DH and I watched this video a couple of months back and we found it pretty disturbing! I understand pain management but something just isn't right about having an orgasm during birth!
    Baby #2 is on his/her way! BFP 11/09/11 Maddison is going to be a big sister!!! save the date BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagetynanner@gmail.com:
    I feel so sorry for most of you women.  Most of you had to have sex to produce a baby.  It was the love that you shared with your partner that created your child, why should that love not be there when your child is welcomed into this world?  I just gave birth on 3-20-10 and it was to best thing in the world.  My daughter didn't "give" me an orgasm but I did achieve one. I wasn't trying to have one, it just happened.  The waves that come over you during intercourse are pretty much the waves that come over you during childbirth.  The contractions created so much "pressure" that as her legs were being delivered it was the biggest and best release I've ever had.  Again, it was nothing "sexual" that my child did to me.  An unmedicated childbirth allows you to feel everything and I can't wait to do it again!  Also, my husband, sister, mom and mother in law as well as our 2 midwives were all there and they had no idea of the feelings that I had.   Open your minds a little.  Childbirth isn't a punishment, it isn't supposed to be horrific.  Childbirth is a blessing and is the most amazing part of my life so far!

Totally agree!  I had an O also, and it was totally unexpected and absolutely non-sexual.  It happened after a really strong pushing set.  I was surprised and amazed and it felt more like relief than anything else.  As for epidurals... I wanted to be totally unmedicated, but after 21 hours, cervadril and pitocin, and contractions coming at 1 minute intervals and lasting 30 seconds, I was getting exhausted just managing the pain.  I finally gave in and went for it because I still had a ways to go before she was ready to greet the world (my water broke 3 weeks early).  I pushed for 2 1/2 hours and the 6 hours of rest the epidural gave me were so important because I needed every ounce of energy to push.  I asked the anesthesiologist to dial down the epidural an hour and a half before I was going to start pushing so I could feel my legs and lower half.  I made all the difference to feel most of it.  When I watch the video my husband and mom took when she was coming out... it's amazing.  My memory of the pain is all gone.  But seeing her come out and the happiness it brought to me and my husband and our families... it's priceless.  My bundle of joy is now 8 weeks old and is the most precious gift I have ever been blessed with.

Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • well just finished watching the video and to be honest ..... i just can't get into that.  but i know everyone has different ideas about pregnancy and childbirth.  wonder if those ladies feel pain AFTER the orgasm?  my reason for wondering is i've noticed that being pregnant i can orgasm really good and achieve an orgasm quicker than i could before i was pregnant but i noticed now that after the orgasm is done i'm in pain and i never had that before.  even though the sex is great i find myself avoiding it b/c of the pain that follows the ecstacy.
  • imageniki.e23:

imagerochella:

Bahahahaha!  How did the baby get there in the first place, then?  Wink

beautiful! just what i was thinking.

i think it's pretty sad that so many people are calling it gross or creepy. i haven't seen the video, but years ago i read possessing the secret of joy by alice walker, the author of the color purple. one of the characters has an orgasm during her birth. the excerpt is about 8 paragraphs down on this page:

https://www.unassistedchildbirth.com/sensual/orgasmic.html

i think it is really telling that so many people are so ashamed of their sexuality that they would rather choose to be in pain and or drugged. that's pretty creepy to me. what if birth is supposed to be joyful, and we're just too involved in being ashamed to allow it to be?

• If the idea of experiencing an orgasm is weird to you... don't feel you still need to resort to the epidural as a first choice.  If you are interested in a calm, natural birth in any way, do your research.  There are other methods and mind sets to learn about.  If you're interested, check out hypnobirthing or hypnobabies.  great information on how to decrease the amount of fear you may feel about childbirth.  Physiologically speaking, to reduce fear, can reduce pain.  Good luck everyone!
  • I think the original poster had more balls to post this to the Bump than I ever had! I read a study many months ago early on in my pregnancy about sexuality and childbirth, thought about putting it up here, but decided it wouldn't be well-received. Its extremely taboo and most women (and men, come to think of it) don't like associating their sexuality with the act of giving birth. The thing I liked about the study I read was that they pointed out that everything in a woman's cycle (menstruation, conception, birth, breastfeeding, etc) is all a part of her sexuality... to try to separate them as society wants to doesn't necessarily indicate how she's made.

So, if you're like me and have some downtime to read, I present the article I read a long time ago (yes, I hunted it down again just for you, Bumpies!) It is long because it's a full paper on the full study, so it's an actual resource, not just someone reporting on it. In it the researcher describes many interviews with women who had some sort of sexual experience during labor, and how they felt about it. 

https://www.passionatebirth.com/Sexual Experiences of Women during Childbirth by Danielle Harel.pdf 

• I have heard of this and I do like the idea of perception of birth not having to be painful, but orgasmic? Just too weird for me. My husband is the only one that gives me that, PERIOD!!! Otherwise it is just plain crazy to get it from your child. Creeps me out big time!!
  • while this does creep me out I understand the concept because I was introduced to Hypnobirthing which is a method of lamaze so to speak that focuses on releasing your fears and anxiety of childbirth to a more relaxed approach through a sort of hypnosis/meditation exercises and it really works!

I don't think Orgasm is the right term to use here, but more just utter happiness and bliss that you are able to be one with your body and baby and bring it into the world pain free. It's more pressure than pain. Its working with your body not against it.

https://www.hypnobirthing.com/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O7kA3PMJwA8

you can google or youtube search more videos and info

• imageartsyme_001:
    I have heard of this and I do like the idea of perception of birth not having to be painful, but orgasmic? Just too weird for me. My husband is the only one that gives me that, PERIOD!!! Otherwise it is just plain crazy to get it from your child. Creeps me out big time!!

Really?  No self-service?

• Thank you for the information on Ina Mays "Guide to Childbirth", I've gotta pick up a copy of that now.  My hubbie and I want to TTC soon and I am a big fan of the ideas of the Bradley Method.  I have not had a baby yet, but have heard a lot of good things about Bradley and I like the idea of preparing your body for childbirth, I am a planner.
  • imageslwhatley:

imagecappyfam:

I think you are being really closed minded and rather rude.  I hope that you do not teach your children those traits.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"