1st Trimester

F/U "I think I might be having a miscarriage."

Sorry for the delay in the follow up. I posted last week that I was bleeding and passing clots and I was waiting to hear back from my OB. I went in for an ultrasound and the baby's heart rate was on the low side but it was still there. I went back in yesterday for a followup ultrasound yesterday and everything looked ok. Baby's heart rate was 167 and my OB could find no reason for the bleeding. I have been bleeding non-stop for a week. The only thing they think is that it may have something to do with the placement of the placenta, but I'm a little to early to see the placenta well on ultrasound. So I guess I just have to wait until my next ultrasound. Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers. I never bled with DD- has anyone bled like a regular period for weeks at a time and still had a successful pregnancy?

Re: F/U "I think I might be having a miscarriage."

• That is such great news.  Yay!  I've never known anyone personally who had a period during pregnancy but I've seen that show "I Didn't Know I was Pregnant" a few times and lots of the women on there had one and that's how they never realized they were pregnant, so I'm sure it happens.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • yay, I am glad your baby is doing good. Good luck at your next u/s, hope they can figure out whats going on.
  • Loading the player...
  • bleeding during pregnancy is PERFECTLY normal, although scary as hell when it happens to you. I know. It happened to me last week.

Take comfort in knowing your baby is okay and just take it easy.

Dx: MFI, DOR, 9 Fibroids and homozygous MTHFR

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

"Smudge's Story - How to Grow a Dandelion" will return soon!
    The Dandelion Archive
    "If dandelions were hard to grow, they would be most welcome on any lawn."

We're Finally Three Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Glad everything is OK.  Where in Rochester are you located if you don't mind me asking.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Emily 8.8.08
    Madeline 1.2.11
    William 8.5.12
  • I live just outside of Penfield. I think there are a lot of women on 1st trimester who are from the rochester area.
  • Glad to hear baby is doing well! I hope the bleeding stops soon.
  • imageGenRN45:

bleeding during pregnancy is PERFECTLY normal, although scary as hell when it happens to you. I know. It happened to me last week.

Take comfort in knowing your baby is okay and just take it easy.

I wasn't too worried about the bleeding when it was just brown spotting, but now it's bright red, non stop and I have to wear a pad. That seems a little abnormal to me.  I am really hoping it's not a placenta previa which is what my OB is a little concerned about.

• That is so great.Hopefully the rest of your pregnancy will be less stressful.
  • imagetebaa8:
    I live just outside of Penfield. I think there are a lot of women on 1st trimester who are from the rochester area.
    Cool!  I am in Fairport :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Emily 8.8.08
    Madeline 1.2.11
    William 8.5.12
  • I'm so glad everything is ok!

Honestly, once you hear the heartbeat the chances of miscarrying go way down, even if you're experiencing bleeding.The fact that LO has a nice strong heartbeat is very positive.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Glad to hear everything is okay!  Hope the next couple of weeks/months get better for you!
  • I also am having alot of bleeding.  Also like period bleeding.  I went to the doc and or baby was fine too but I had some bleeding in my cervix.  The doctor prescribed rest for 2 wks.  Try to just rest and see what happens.  Apparently this condition is very common.  My mother said that she had the same problem when she was pregnant with me. 
  • I had bleeding yesterday and it was a panicky morning but the doctor really wasn't concerned. It was bright red each time after two strenuous bowel movements (and yes, it was coming from my vag, not the rectum!) but I did not bleed through a pad. Just to be sure, my doctor made sure I had a U/S and everything was fine. Now it's just really faint brown spotting. My doctor just said, "This happens sometimes during the first trimester." They didn't see anything on the scan that would indicate why. I personally think there's a correlation between some old blood hanging around and the stressful bowel movements but you never know. I wish you all the best! 
  • I'm glad everything went well and baby is ok too. I hope your next u/s goes well too! I've had period-bleeding for the length of a normal period when I was pregnant with DD. (I didn't know I was pregnant yet, but it was still just like a normal period for me).
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • With my last son's pregnancy I bleed for about a week (bright red) right around 8-9 weeks.  I was a mess because we had miscarried previously.  He was fine and they never could explain to me why it happened.  Praying your baby stays healthy :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Glad every thing worked out

• You are way more far off than me, but I had bleeding at the beggining of my pregnancy, it was nto a lot but I was worried. Today everything is going fine. Thank God, you are doing fine also. Blessings
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • hope it all continues to work out well for you!

Diagnosed PCOS & MFI-Success with IUI
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"