Trying to Get Pregnant

Is anyone else waiting for their cycle to return?

I had my Implanon removed on Friday.  It hasn't even been a week but I'm totally impatient to start cycling again.  I really hope my body can go back to normal and start ovulating quickly.

Anyone else in a similar situation?

Big sister {September 2008} Sweet boy {April 2011} Fuzzy Bundle {ETA July 2014}

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Is anyone else waiting for their cycle to return?

• I was reading about Implanon on their website. It is implanted in to your arm? How does the doctor actually implant it, what is the procedure?
  • imagelovesmyboys:
    I was reading about Implanon on their website. It is implanted in to your arm? How does the doctor actually implant it, what is the procedure?

The procedure is actually pretty quick and painless.  It is inserted in the back of your arm (usually the left).  They apply numbing medication first, which feels like getting a shot.  Then they make a small incision in your skin and put the Implanon in.  This part didn't hurt at all, it just felt like someone was poking me.  The Implanon is about the size of a matchstick and you can't see it once it's in but you can feel it when you touch your arm.

The removal procedure is similar and also didn't hurt  I was pretty happy with it--it's good for 3 years and it's as effective as getting your tubes tied.  I liked having a BC that I didn't have to think about.   

The big downside is that a many insurance policies won't cover it and it can be very pricey.  I had the insertion done for free as part of a research project, but I ended up having to pay for the removal.  I had it taken out at Planned Parenthood for $75--all the ob/gyn offices I called would have charged me between $400 and $700--ouch!  And that was just for the removal, so figure insertion would be even more expensive. 

Big sister {September 2008} Sweet boy {April 2011} Fuzzy Bundle {ETA July 2014}

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Wow glad to know! I was very leary reading the website about the pain the procedure would cause. But glad to hear it is not painful. I am looking for alternatives for BC for when we are done having #2. We are not sure if we want more than two kids. So it would be nice to have a BC method that is not the pill or nuva ring.
  • Wow glad to know! We are not sure if we want more than two kids. So we are looking for a method of BC that is easier than remembering the pill or nuva ring each month.

But that's getting way ahead of ourselves, I would like to get Pregnant with #2 first haha.

• Sadwhoa double post sorry. The Bump keeps kicking me off
  • kje120kje120 member
    I'm waiting for my cycle to return after being on the pill for about 10 years.  Not sure how long it's going to take, but I am really impatient so it feels like it's taking forever.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Im on day 51.. 8 days on provera.. AF should be lurking around hopefully within the week *fingers crossed*
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker *First RE visit 5/10 *B/W & SA Normal! 6/10 *Laprascopy - Removed septum and cyst 7/10 *50 mg Clomid 8/21 +Trigger 9/1 = BFN *50 mg Clomid 9/17 = No response *100 mg Clomid 9/29 + Trigger 10/8= BFP!! *Beta 1= 297 *Beta 2= 612! *It's a Boy! EDD July 4th 2011 *Surprise!! Natural BFP! Beta 1=306, Beta 2= 1100! EDD Aug 18th 2012! IT's a BOY!
  • Me!  I'm waiting.  My doctor doesn't really want to give me provera, so I'm waiting to start things on my own.
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

BabyFruit Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

imageimage
  • I'm still waiting to see if my cycle actually has restarted after 10 years-ish on Depo-Provera. I didn't get my next shot in January. I had spotting for a few days in April and then exactly 28 days later had my first real AF. Hoping that it shows up again around June 11!!!! (Or hoping that I actually did O and am PG, but probably not :D).

The wait for it to come back is so long!!!!

I'm a bird.
  • I stopped taking my BCP a month ago. AF is supposed to arrive in two days and I'm not feeling any PMS symptoms like I did when on BCP. Not sure what that means...

So, yes...I'm kinda in the same boat as you!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I have been on BC for 14 years and decided to go off of it last month because we are TTC. I am still waiting for AF to show up but no luck yet. I am getting very impatient because I want to get started on this new journey. I have had some lower back pain and pain in my ovaries like I had when my periods were getting ready to start but nothing is happening. The doc says that if it doesn't start by the end of this month she is going to put me on provera. I am hoping that it doesn't come to that.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageSushiNoMore:
    Me!  I'm waiting.  My doctor doesn't really want to give me provera, so I'm waiting to start things on my own.

This for me too....CD 97 here Crying

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"