Natural Birth

Hypnobaby Mama's-I think we should start a check-in

I would like to start a check-in, maybe daily or every other day. A place for us to ask questions, share pregnancy woes and support each other.

Let's start today by introducing ourselves, i'm curious how many of us there are!

I'm Alison. This is my 2nd pregnancy, first trying to go natural! I have been listening to the hypnobabies cd's for over two weeks now. I don't have the workbooks, wondering if I am missing out?

And does anyone else have a hard time trying to stay focused? I feel like I can never concentrate fully. Like yesterday, I was halfway into affirmations and I sneezed and peed a bit. Seriously??? Sure fire way to snap out of it.

Josie Cailin 7/25/08 Asher Mason 7/19/10

Re: Hypnobaby Mama's-I think we should start a check-in

• i'm game!

I'm Christine, this is my 2nd baby, 1st natural birth attempt.  I'm on the maintenance portion of Hypnobabies.  I was doing much better with staying focused earlier on.  Now i find myself accidentally re-positioning myself even though my lightswitch is supposed to be off.  i think i need to practice more...

• Christine, you only have two weeks to go!!!

I find it hard to lay in one position as well. I'm off to meet my doula! Wish me luck!

• Loading the player...
  • I'm Alaina - second time mom, first time planning to go natural using Hypno Babies. I started the program pretty early in this pregnancy - I'll take all the practice I can get! I also have some trouble being still, but from all that I read, it suggests to just keep going and have faith that your mind and body are taking in all that they need.

Allison - if you don't have the workbook, did you just find a practice schedule online or something?

• Hey Alaina, I am using the schedule on the Hypnobabies website. It says what 2 courses to listen to each week. Hoping I am following the right guidelines. I am also relying on my doulas and their techniques as well. Where is Maryland are you? I'm in B'more and delivering at Hopkins.
  • Oh, that's great that they provide guidelines online. As long as you know which CD's to listen to each week, that's most of it. I appreciate the sections of the book that go into more depth about the hypnosis techniques, but there's plenty of info in the book that is redundant to other reading/research I've done too. So it's probably a toss-up.

Anyway, I'm out in Hagerstown, MD, delivering at Washington County. Where did you go to find a doula? I'm currently in the process of trying to find one (preferably a hypno-doula, though that's looking impossible). It seems like there are tons out that way, but none out here :( 

• Hopkins offers Birth Companions--which are student nurses and some, mine at least, are going through the DONA program. But, they are not just for women delivering at Hopkins! AND, it is free! You get two birth companions, for one of them, this will be her first birth, the other, her fourth. They have all kinds of techniques-accupressure, massage, they'll even get in the shower with you so you can lean on them. Here's a link https://nursing.jhu.edu/practice/bc/

Call them!

• I'm doing Hypnobabies!

I'm Robin. This is my 2nd attempt at going natural. 1st time ended in induction and got the epi.  Going to try again for a birth center birth; this time with a doula.

Ordered my Cds, and expect them tomorrow!

• Hey ladies!  I'm Elise.  First pregnancy, and obviously therefore first time going natural.  I am about three weeks into the CDs.  Still loving it!  I do agree it can be hard to stay focused at times...I'm trying to have faith that listening is still having the effect it's supposed to, and just bringing my attention back if I realize I'm thinking about the baby kicking or an itch on my elbow.  lol.
  • Hey Ladies....I'm Lesley and this will be my first child (due in september).  I actually started my hypnobabies CD's tonight.  At one point I did fall asleep :) I am sooooo excited to experience natural childbirth (yes I know I may sound crazy).  I will be delivering at a very natural childbirth friendly hospital with a midwife, doula and my hubby.  I will be using the birthing tub as well!!!! 

PS.....to the mommy in Hagerstown....I live in Bel Air (30min. north of baltimore)

• image*speedracer*:

... this is my 2nd baby ..... I'm on the maintenance portion of Hypnobabies.  I was doing much better with staying focused earlier on.  Now i find myself accidentally re-positioning myself even though my lightswitch is supposed to be off.  i think i need to practice more...

This is me too! I'm Tania. With my 1st we did Hypnobirthing but I ended up w water breaking prematurely (36w5d) and labor never progressing despite induction meds. Ended in CS. Obviously I didn't get to birth naturally but I didn't feel like the Hypnobirthing techniques were helpful for the 36 hrs prior to the CS and wanted to try something else this time. I'm going for VBAC and my EDD was May 30. So I hope to find out REALLY soon how Hypnobabies works for me!  

• Hello! I'm Starlit & this is my first! I started hypnobabies at 26wks (doing each part for 2 weeks) and just started the maintenance part. I love the CDs but I'm pretty bad about practicing during the day. I struggled a lot with staying still/focused but sometime during the 4th class I decided to not dwell on it....if my leg needs to move a little I allow it without thinking about it. Instead I really focus on the relaxing, safe place, and anesthesia. I've found that now I hardly ever move since I'm not focusing on the need to stay still (if that makes sense!!).

We shall see how it works in a few weeks! If nothing else it has helped me relax enough at night to sleep & has made me more positive about going natural! Worth the $ just for those things!!
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I'm Laura. It is my first pregnancy. I have been practicing with the hypnobabies CD's at home most days since about 23 weeks but I don't start the classes for about 4 more weeks.
  • imagemacaroni1979:

Hopkins offers Birth Companions--which are student nurses and some, mine at least, are going through the DONA program. But, they are not just for women delivering at Hopkins! AND, it is free! You get two birth companions, for one of them, this will be her first birth, the other, her fourth. They have all kinds of techniques-accupressure, massage, they'll even get in the shower with you so you can lean on them. Here's a link https://nursing.jhu.edu/practice/bc/

Call them!

Are you using Hypno methods for your birth? I'm wondering if any of the companions would have experience with that...

• imagetreala05:
    imagemacaroni1979:

Hopkins offers Birth Companions--which are student nurses and some, mine at least, are going through the DONA program. But, they are not just for women delivering at Hopkins! AND, it is free! You get two birth companions, for one of them, this will be her first birth, the other, her fourth. They have all kinds of techniques-accupressure, massage, they'll even get in the shower with you so you can lean on them. Here's a link https://nursing.jhu.edu/practice/bc/

Call them!

Are you using Hypno methods for your birth? I'm wondering if any of the companions would have experience with that...

I am doing Hypnobabies. They are doing a birth later this month that will be Hypnobirthing and they are reading the book now. I am making them a copy of my cd's. They asked me to write down the affirmations that will be most helpful to me. So, they are learning! You can call and see what they say?! Basically, you call, leave a message on their machine, they call you back and take some info on you and then the birth companions choose you. So if you state that hypno is your intent, you might get someone who is experienced.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"