Babies: 0 - 3 Months

Mesh Underwear?

I'm popping over from 3rd tri with a quick question.

We are planning a homebirth. We will order a birth kit (supplies for a homebirth) per our CNM's instructions. We have the option to add things to the birth kit. One of the things we can add is the mesh underwear that you get in a hospital. The birth kit comes with 2 pairs. I've heard lots of ladies say these mesh underwear were great the first few days pp.

So is 2 pairs enough? Should I order more? How many pairs did you use?

TIA!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Mesh Underwear?

• I went through a TON. The first day, I probably needed a new pair about every two hours (because I bled so much it was dripping on the ground as I walked to the bathroom).

A bit TMI, but thats how it was.

• I definitely needed more than 2 pairs.  I bled a lot while in the hospital and probably changed the mesh underwear every few hrs.   Even with the massive pads they would get blood on them.  I didn't wear them after leaving the hospital, so it was only for a couple days.  I think I'd want at least 10 or so.  
  • Loading the player...
  • I used them the entire time I was in the hospital (5 days because of a c/s) and for a couple days at home...just in case...so I used about 7 of them for a week total.
    I Can't Resist Those Chubby Cheeks

Dx with endo & blocked left tube - TTC #1 for 29 cycles before miracle BFP, #2 - Surprise!!
    My TTC/PG blog / Panda Phenomenon Explained
  • I loved them!  I had a C-Section and they were so comfy!  I used 4 pairs...one for each day I was in the hospital and I brought one pair home with me. 
  • I would say two is enough. I used one the day he was born then the next day then returned to my undies after that. Good luck on your home birth!! I went natural but at a hospital and wished I had planned a home birth but will for next time!!!
  • i went through 15 or so pair... but that's because i kept wearing them after i got home... infact, i just threw my last pair out.... broke my heart! they are so comphy.
  • I actually only went through 2 pairs. Even with a 3rd degree tear, I surprisingly didn't bleed that much.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • If they are the ones I think they are I had lots!!! I wore them through the whole healing process. Before I left the hospital I had my nurse sneak me more, so I ended up with 5-7 of them. The more the better!

• I probably used about 12 pairs in 2 days. However, this could be because they were free and I had an unlimited suppy while I was in the hospital. That first day I would just take them off and throw them away when I changed pads. But I probably didn't need to do that and could have just changed the pad.
  • This might sound weird, but I took a whole bunch when I left the hospital.. I have I think 4 pairs that I never used I could send to you.

That might sound awkward, but I was just thinking the other day that I didn't know what I was going to do with them. Someone might as well get use.

Photobucket  Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • i would definitely order more. i know i went through at least 2 to 3 pairs each day while i was in the hospital.
  • imagemelodylb:

This might sound weird, but I took a whole bunch when I left the hospital.. I have I think 4 pairs that I never used I could send to you.

That might sound awkward, but I was just thinking the other day that I didn't know what I was going to do with them. Someone might as well get use.

This is funny- i took home the two that were left in the bathroom when I checked out too- I guess I was thinking I might need them? I too would have no problem throwing them in the mail to you!

I prob used about ten of them in the 24 hrs I was in the hospital, but like one of the PP said I threw them out each time I used the bathroom- after the birth i bled a lot for those first 10-12 hours, but by the time I went home I was fine with my normal undies and a normal nighttime length pad instead of the giant ones they have at the hospital (which by the way I took home some of those too and could send those along to you also- they are helpful!)

Mommy to J: Born 5/11/2010 & B: Born 8/26/2013

• I would order more. I LOVED them.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"