Babies: 3 - 6 Months

Do you swear in front of your LO?

The other day I asked my DP when she thought we should really watching our swearing in front of DS. She said she was already trying to do it..oops! We're not that bad at home really, but I tend to have pretty bad road rage. I know he's so little now that it shouldn't make too much of a difference, but the earlier the better!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Do you swear in front of your LO?

• I am so bad about this.  I really need to watch it.
  • DH and I are already trying to watch it. We watched to our dismay when our friends DD over heard her and her DH in a fight on the phone. She called her DH an @ss hole and then for the next few weeks her DD would run to get the phone and scream @ss hole and hang up on people. It was her second word ever.
  • Loading the player...
  • Oh we do.  Except when DH's daughter is over on the weekends.  We should probably try harder not to so that we can get used to it...
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I'm REALLY bad in the car... DH is bad when he gets home from work (he works for a motorcycle dealership and they all have potty mouths...)

We both really need to work on it!

• We try to.  I really try not to have any angry outbursts with DD around. 

photo a42489fa-98a3-436b-b31b-266d7d204e5d_zpsde5f201a.jpg
    my read shelf:
    Molly's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)Follow Me on Pinterest
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Anniversary
  • I have a bad sailor mouth and occasionally curse in front of Lily. But I am trying to cut that out.
  • I'm glad I'm not the only one :) I am definitely going to start paying better attention!
  • I don't swear much, but when I do I have done it with DS around.  Not really making a difference now, like you say.  If I swore frequently I would have to start to monitor it and cut back as well as not do it in from of DS.  But since it's rare and he's a baby....
  • Dh and I weren't raised around alot of cursing. We hardly curse. I mean, I've got to be pretty livid to let one slip. My cousin curses alot around her children. I've heard her say many times "Get your ass over here!" ( Her kids are 7,5,and 2)Makes me so upset. I may get flamed, but I think people who have to curse in every other sentence must have a bad vocabulary. Kids or no kids, I think it's trashy to curse so much.
  • We have a swear acct $1 for most words and $5 for the F bomb.  All the money goes toward baby things like toys and fun stuff for her.  It's really helped us watch the swearing.
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • DH and I rarely if ever curse.  I think it helps that I'm an elementary teacher.  I am used to watching what I say because little ears are always listening, at work and home.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • imagelindylogana:
    We have a swear acct $1 for most words and $5 for the F bomb.  All the money goes toward baby things like toys and fun stuff for her.  It's really helped us watch the swearing.
    Great idea!
  • imageSweetSpikette:
    I am so bad about this.  I really need to watch it.

You and me both. I really am trying though.

Parker 12:09:09 Alyssa 5:31:12
  • imageFiremn'sFlame:
    Dh and I weren't raised around alot of cursing. We hardly curse. I mean, I've got to be pretty livid to let one slip. My cousin curses alot around her children. I've heard her say many times "Get your ass over here!" ( Her kids are 7,5,and 2)Makes me so upset. I may get flamed, but I think people who have to curse in every other sentence must have a bad vocabulary. Kids or no kids, I think it's trashy to curse so much.

Yes I agree!

• I have to admit that I swear more than I should while I'm driving.  I hate drivers who are reading the paper, shaving, talking on their cell phone, texting, etc while at the same time cutting me off, not using signals, going through red lights and stop signs, etc.  I really have to start watching my words while I drive.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm mainly bad when I am driving.  DH and our friends are bad all the time.  If we had a swear jar for DS, he'd probably be a millionaire by now.
  • imagelindylogana:
    We have a swear acct $1 for most words and $5 for the F bomb.  All the money goes toward baby things like toys and fun stuff for her.  It's really helped us watch the swearing.
    We need to do this!!
  • imageShari 86:
    DH and I are already trying to watch it. We watched to our dismay when our friends DD over heard her and her DH in a fight on the phone. She called her DH an @ss hole and then for the next few weeks her DD would run to get the phone and scream @ss hole and hang up on people. It was her second word ever.
    OMG, I'm so afraid this will be our son! I got in trouble in pre-K for yelling sh*t. I'm not even sure where I heard it , my parents rarely curse. The teacher yelled at me so much that I remember crying the entire rest of the day. It's one of my clearest childhood memories, and not the most pleasant one either!
  • Yes but I'm working really hard on trying to stop myself. I'm getting better at it. Just have to work on the bf now.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPicBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I am trying to stop now...and when my friends are around I remind them that there are baby ears in the room! They swear a lot!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"