Trouble TTC

Clomid Users

Hey ya'll

I'm using clomid for the second month after a successful IVF almost two years ago. . .The clomid reaction seems to be much worse this time. . much more emotional and irritable and TONS of HOT flashes!

What are your side effects?

Re: Clomid Users

• My first cycle (50mg) I didn't really have any s/e. Last cycle when I was on 100mg I was a b!tch on wheels. It was a horrible 5 days for me and my DH. Aside from that, and drinking water like it was going out of style I felt okay.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Diagnosed with PCOS March '10 - Started 1000mg of Metformin
    After 3 unsuccessful Clomid cycles, FSH+Ovidril+IUI+Progesterone=BFP!
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Time to make Emilie a big sister!

May '16 2.0: Letrozole+FSH+Menopur+Ovidril+IUI+Progesterone=BFP! first beta-45.44, second beta-148

BabyFruit Ticker

• This is my first cycle on clomid.  The only thing I noticed while I was taking the pills was that I would have hot flashes throughout the day, but to be honest I don't know if that was due to the clomid or the fact that my classroom was hot enough for me to feel like passing out anyway.  (I also had some dull headaches, but again--clomid s/e or standing/teaching in the unbearable heat all day s/e?  Who knows!)

Now that I'm done with the pills, I have noticed a major lack of EWCM.  I've only had a very little bit to speak of on one day...Usually I have a LOT of it.   Nada.  Also, the last couple nights I have woken up in a sweat.  However, I am also sick so I don't know if the night sweats are because I'm sick or a s/e of the clomid.

I have been making sure to drink a ton of water at the encouragement of my nurse, and other than what I mentioned above nothing's been going on.

Mr. & Mrs. UMich! July 2006! :-)
    DX: High FSH/DOR
    It took 44 cycles, just over 3 years, 6 failed IUI's in MI, and 1 round of IVF at CCRM to get our BFP!

Beta #1 (9dp5dt) = 206, Beta #2 (11dp5dt) = 438
    1st u/s @ 6w5d = 11/11/11 = ONE little bean! HB 120bpm!
    ?Our Baby Boy Born June 26th, 2012?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • None really to speak of but I was only on 50mg.  Very mild hot flashes in the middle of night and that is all!  It is much easier on me than provera was...
    TTC since 07/2009
    Me: PCOS, Blood/Immune Issues DH: Low all 3
    Jun.- Sep. 2010 IUI#1-#3 = BFN
    Oct. 2010 = IVF #1 = B/G Twins (passed away Feb. 2011)
    May 2011 = Myomectomy and trans-abdominal cerclage (TAC)
    Sep. 2011 = Surprise BFP = C/P
    Feb. 2012 = sFET #1 = BFN
    Feb.2012 = Hail Mary IUI #4 = BFN
    April/May 2012 = FET #2 w/our last two embies = BFP (Please let this be it!)
    Beta #1 8dp5/6dt = 234 Beta #2 10dp5/6dt = 695 Beta #3 12dp5/6dt = 1796 Beta #4 17dp5/6dt = 17,888 U/S #1 May 17, 2012 = Twins
    Baby B's heart stop beating at 9 weeks 5 days
    Our little miracle baby is a boy. :)

Baby Boy Owen and Baby Girl Avery were born too early on Feb. 13, 2011 due to a pedunculated fibroid, incompetent cervix and suspected placental abruption.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

"What the heart has once owned and had, it shall never lose." - Henry Ward Beecher
    SAIF/PAIF Welcome
    Lots of love and luck to my PAIF/3T/IF Veteran ladies, especially my dear friend Zookie. Congrats to Papps, Teach84 and Starbuck on their little ones.
  • This time around I was very veery emotional and moody
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I took 50 mg from cd 3-7.  I had mild hot flashes and some eye floaters (which I have a little of already, but they were worse on clomid).  A week after the pills, I have had a headache every day for about 5 days, but not sure it is clomid related or not.
  • I didn't have any reactions really.  Maybe a few hours of extra crankiness but that's really it.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • On my 1st month of Clomid I really didn't get a reaction. The second month was a little different. I had some mild hot flashes and dizziness. Also, I saw flashes in my peripheral vision along with pressure in my eyes. I guess this is a serious reaction because when I told my doc, she took me off the medication. Now I am on Letrazal and have a whole new set of side effects. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"