3rd Trimester
Options

Baby Lauren has arrived!

I made it! Lauren Camille was born May 28 at 5:19am weighing 6lbs 13oz  Smile

A cautionary tale for 2nd (or more) timers...

I started having contractions about 5 mins apart at 2:30 am. I didn't want to risk waiting too late since my dr. said things could move really fast the second time around. I quickly woke up DH, called the sitter to stay with my toddler, & rushed to the hospital only to be sent home after 2 hours. I was so embarrassed & disappointed!

Very next night I'm awoken by contractions at 12:15am, but I second guess myself b/c of the night before. I waited for an hour to make sure the contractions didn't ease up & go away again. I fell asleep thinking another false alarm. Then I was awoken by the most intense, severe contractions I've ever felt. And they were 2-3 mins with heavy pressure! We rushed to the hospital through the worst 15 mins of my life only to arrive in triage & find out I was 8cm! They rushed me to the l&d unit and in the 10 mins it took to get the IV in & hook me up to the monitors, I was 10cm & being told it was too late for an epidural. I was in total shock & fear b/c I had no intention of a med-free delivery! In the end, everything turned out fine. The entire thing was 5 hrs start to finish & my baby girl is here!

Best of luck to everyone in 3rd tri! :)

Re: Baby Lauren has arrived!

• Options
    holy crap!  That's all I have to say about that!!
  • Options
    oh and CONGRATS!!!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

WOW that does sound quick!

CONGRATS :)

• Options
    imagemrsdavis06:

I made it! Lauren Camille was born May 28 at 5:19am weighing 6lbs 13oz  Smile

A cautionary tale for 2nd (or more) timers...

I started having contractions about 5 mins apart at 2:30 am. I didn't want to risk waiting too late since my dr. said things could move really fast the second time around. I quickly woke up DH, called the sitter to stay with my toddler, & rushed to the hospital only to be sent home after 2 hours. I was so embarrassed & disappointed!

Very next night I'm awoken by contractions at 12:15am, but I second guess myself b/c of the night before. I waited for an hour to make sure the contractions didn't ease up & go away again. I fell asleep thinking another false alarm. Then I was awoken by the most intense, severe contractions I've ever felt. And they were 2-3 mins with heavy pressure! We rushed to the hospital through the worst 15 mins of my life only to arrive in triage & find out I was 8cm! They rushed me to the l&d unit and in the 10 mins it took to get the IV in & hook me up to the monitors, I was 10cm & being told it was too late for an epidural. I was in total shock & fear b/c I had no intention of a med-free delivery! In the end, everything turned out fine. The entire thing was 5 hrs start to finish & my baby girl is here!

Best of luck to everyone in 3rd tri! :)

Wow! CONGRATS! How long was your 1st labor?

• Options
    Congrats, that's crazy!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

My first delivery was 3.5 hours long, from first ctx to delivery. My dr tells me to camp out the last trimester of the next baby! Sounds like you should too! :)

Congrats on your new baby girl! I love her name.

Charlotte Elizabeth - March 15, 2009
    Natalie Kate - October 4, 2011
    Blighted ovum, d&c at 9w, July 2012
    Blighted ovum, d&c at 10w, September 2013
    BFP May 28, EDD February 4, 2015
  • Options
    brayleibraylei member
    Congrats!
    Photobucket
  • Options
    congrats!!!! I sure as heck my L&D only takes 5 hours!! haha but I dont think im that lucky! and this is my first so who knows
  • Options

imageBlairsMommy:
    congrats!!!! I sure as heck my L&D only takes 5 hours!! haha but I dont think im that lucky! and this is my first so who knows

I sure as heck hope* haha i forgot an important word there :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"