1st Trimester

Possible stupid question inside...

I'm hardly hungry and usually have energy during the day (thanks to my metformin!). For the past couple of days I have been exhausted and eating, like, 4-5 times a day. Possible pregnancy symptoms? I've been off BCP and TTC for a month now. I don't want to get my hopes up, but it's kinda hard not to when your body is doing things it doesn't normally do :)

Thanks, everyone!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Possible stupid question inside...

• There's only one way to find out for sure. Test.

GL :)

• Could be! Are you charting? It seems early in your cycle to have pregnancy symptoms, but you never know. The best way to find out would be to POAS. Perhaps try the dollar store? Buy two, use one now and one in a week or so.

Good luck! 

• Loading the player...
  • When your body comes of BCP, it is not unusual to experience those type of symptoms, (and more) while your body regulates itself and gets used to not being on the hormones.  I had many months where I was convinced that I was pg because of all my "symptoms".  Like a pp said, the only way to know is to test.  Good luck!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageskroops:

When your body comes of BCP, it is not unusual to experience those type of symptoms, (and more) while your body regulates itself and gets used to not being on the hormones.  I had many months where I was convinced that I was pg because of all my "symptoms".  Like a pp said, the only way to know is to test.  Good luck!

This. I had pregnancy symptoms for months after getting off BCP right before AF... I convinced myself every time I was pregnant.  AF & Pregnancy symptoms can be similar especially when you are in tune to your body. The only way to know for sure is to test.  Good luck! 

• When I went off the pill it took two months to get my period.  In that time I convinced myself I was pregnant.  I took test after test, called the doctor, etc.  Basically, I drove myself crazy.  Test, but don't obsess over it.  Everyone's body is different when coming off the pill.  Good luck!!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • SBear12SBear12 member
    imageskroops:

When your body comes of BCP, it is not unusual to experience those type of symptoms, (and more) while your body regulates itself and gets used to not being on the hormones.  I had many months where I was convinced that I was pg because of all my "symptoms".  Like a pp said, the only way to know is to test.  Good luck!

Agreed. Unfortunately, many of the hormones involved in your regular menstrual cycle cause similar "symptoms" as the hormones in pregnancy. You're just not used to experiencing those, since they've been masked by the BCP up until this month. 

But like another poster said, if you're pregnant enough for the HCG to be causing symptoms, then you've definitely got enough HCG to get a positive test... so POAS! Good luck.... :)

• Duh, I didn't think about that being a side effect of coming off BCP. Geez...

Thanks!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • There's a possibility!  With baby #1, I didn't get any symptoms at all until 8 weeks, but with this pregnancy, I was exhausted the week that I missed my period.  I told myself it was all in my head and that I was just tired because I wanted to be pregnant, but a few days later we got our BFP.  I know it's rare to conceive so quickly after you start TTC, but it can happen.  With both baby #1 and this pregnancy, DH and I conceived the first month we tried.   This pregnancy, the symptoms have come earlier than before and are worse than with #1.  Good luck!  I hope you'll be joining our board soon.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"