3rd Trimester

Babies size.........i wish i knew!

Doctor asked me yesterday if i knew babies estimated size. I do not know. I have not been told anything. No growth sonos for me...yet! When i feel LO moving around i try to feel the body part (butt i assume since she is head down) and she feels huge (wide). I know there are arms that could be at her side and legs.....  but no doc has me wondering how big LO just might be. My 1st baby was 7.9 at birth.............hmmmmmmmmm im hoping for not much bigger this time! Only a few more weeks and we shall know!!!!!

Re: Babies size.........i wish i knew!

• I almost don't want to know. I think knowing I have a big baby in there might give me anxiety!
  • It seems like those growth ultrasounds are often way off anyways.

I think it's strange your doctor asked YOU the size of your baby? Maybe you mean a doctor other than your OB.

image > Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I am hoping for a same size or smaller baby than DD1!!  But its weird your doc asked you if you knew how big she was!  My midwives guesstimate!
  • it was an OB in the office i go to. It was my 1st time seeing him! I guess he was just curious if i knew or if i thought baby felt big. He said some mommas just know and feel there baby is big.
  • I don't think you ever know even with a sono.  Our first baby was induced since dr swore she was close to 9 lbs.....she was 6lbs 2oz.   We need xray vision goggles in our birth kit!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"