3rd Trimester

Where can you exchange diapers for a different size?

Where can you exchange diapers for a different size without a receipt?

I have TONS of diapers that were given to me at showers without receipts. I have a few newborn, TONS of size 1s, an in between size box of 1-2, and just like one pack of size 2. I have a feeling I'm going to need to exchange those size 1s for size 2s...

But I don't have a receipt. Does anyone have any experience with this? Where can I exchange them? Will I be able to exchange them?

TIA!

Brady (7.15.10) and Nolan (5.11.13)

Re: Where can you exchange diapers for a different size?

• Probably Wal-Mart but I have heard (although no experience with this) that some stores sell different size boxes of diapers - so you'd have to be sure Wal-Mart sells the same box size that you have. 
    Adrian 7.6.07 - ADHD, Disruptive Behavior Disorder, Learning Disability-NOS
    Cam 6.6.10 - Autism, Global Developmental Delay, Mixed Receptive/Expressive Communication Disorder
  • Loading the player...
  • Walmart or Target as long as they are still in the package or case.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I agree with PPs.  Anywhere that has the same diapers should let you exchange them.  You're just replacing their stock with more stock!
  • Thanks ladies! My SIL said she tried exchanging some at BRU, but they wouldn't let her.

Walmart or Target. Good! At least I'll have two options. It would suck if I couldn't switch the sizes out!

• imagetarebear9891:
    Walmart or Target as long as they are still in the package or case.

Target is very picky about returns and exchanges. You can only exchange/return like $30 a year with out a receipt. Even if it is an even exchange, they count it against you.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • WalMart, I know ours will scan it and if it's not from them they will just say "we don't carry that" and give it back to you.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Up to you, but I wouldn't exchange the diapers until you're wanting to buy the next size. It's really very difficult to know how many your LO is going to need. If you BF, you may find that you are changing your LO's diaper every 2 hrs, and if so, you'll go through ALOT of diapers at size N and 1.
  • imagenpaulsell:

imagetarebear9891:

Target is very picky about returns and exchanges. You can only exchange/return like $30 a year with out a receipt. Even if it is an even exchange, they count it against you.

Yeah they tell you $30 but they can actually do higher. We went in with 5 cases of Pampers (added up to way more than $30) and said we got them as shower gifts. They let us exchange them out with no problem.

• imageInLovewSB:
    Up to you, but I wouldn't exchange the diapers until you're wanting to buy the next size. It's really very difficult to know how many your LO is going to need. If you BF, you may find that you are changing your LO's diaper every 2 hrs, and if so, you'll go through ALOT of diapers at size N and 1.

I'm not planning on exchanging yet, I'm planning on doing what you said and waiting until he gets here to see what he will need, as he needs it. I just wanted to nail down a place to exchange them so that I wasn't worrying about it! lol

• Yep, Wal-Mart.  My WM will give me cash for anything they carry, whether I got it there or not.
    Batman likes to watch cartoons on the weekends. Whatever.

"I'll gladly take cold sores over eye herpes" -ElieFin
    "Unicorn glitter gives me UTIs." -Leila'sMommy
  • imagenpaulsell:

imagetarebear9891:

It's actually $70. OP, I'd try Wal-mart first. I was actually able to return my Pampers w/ Drymax back to BRU and get the ones without, so maybe it just depends on the store.
  • Wal-mart was not my friend in exchanging things. Target was much better, but I had to be firm about what I wanted. They will give up to $70 in store credit per year per person (they take your ID and scan it). I had a baby bjorn carrier (got two) and exchanged it there. We went in circles a few times. "No, I don't have the reciept. No, I did not register here, I did a universal registry on amazon. I just want store credit to get more baby stuff and this carrier is brand new in the box, you sell it here and the person who bought it got it at a Target in another state and I cannot get the reciept from her."
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Eli 6 monthsElsie 2 years
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"