Trying to Get Pregnant

Newbie Playdate (newbs and lurks welcome)

Good morning, ladies!  Hope everyone is going well.  I've got some time this morning so I thought I'd offer up a newbie playdate.  Ask me your questions, don't be shy. 

It's a flame-free zone, except for "am I pg" questions, I can't handle those right now. 

So, ask away.  I'll do my best, and the other regs can help if they like.

Big Smile

dx PCOS on Metformin
LO#1 - 19 cycles, 3 IUIs, 1 m/c, gonal-f, ganirelix, ovidrel, progesterone
Totally worth the wait!
Getting ready for #2
Back on Met, PCOS diet, prepping for treatments 1/12

Good luck to the wonderful ladies of 3T
Always cheering on my girls Gymnst1013 & MrsJohns
My Chart / Info for Newbies

Re: Newbie Playdate (newbs and lurks welcome)

• image**Papps**:
    No questions, just sayin yellooooo! :)

Hey lady!  ((hugs))

dx PCOS on Metformin
    Totally worth the wait!
    Getting ready for #2

• I am on CD9 and I feel very bloated, do you think it is because of the chinese food I hate last night or is my belly making room for a baby later this month?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    BFP 3/17/10 Missed M/C Confirmed 4/12/10

MIF+Unexplained DX Feb 2012: Femara+Trigger+IUI=BFP AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Just wanted to say hi too!!

And the metformin is kicking my butt today, I think I want to throw up! Crying

• imageMrs*MichelleB:
    IF you had a child that was a preteen/early teen - would you let them practice driving with an old vehicle on your property? 

absolutely not.. I just watched a judge judy episode where they did this and the kiddo rolled the car and died.. not worth it.. even on your property.. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageMilliways:
    I am on CD9 and I feel very bloated, do you think it is because of the chinese food I hate last night or is my belly making room for a baby later this month?

It's definitely your body getting ready for baby.  Hopefully it'll help to prevent stretch marks later on. 

Honestly, if it were me, I'd just start posting on the tri boards.  I mean, you'll definitely be pregnant so you might as well get a head start.  KWIM!

dx PCOS on Metformin
    Totally worth the wait!
    Getting ready for #2

• imagetriciaj1:

imageMrs*MichelleB:
    IF you had a child that was a preteen/early teen - would you let them practice driving with an old vehicle on your property? 

absolutely not.. I just watched a judge judy episode where they did this and the kiddo rolled the car and died.. not worth it.. even on your property.. 

What would the purpose of it even be for? A 13 does not need to drive. 16 is even too early IMO. 

DS 6.12.11

Hypermenorrhea, Anovulatory & Hypothyroid

TTC#2

My Lack of Ovulation Chart
  • imageMrs*MichelleB:

This is why that is a big fat NO for me.

• imagejesskidd:

Just wanted to say hi too!!

Oh honey, I feel your pain!  I take imodium like it's candy.  My body can handle 1000mg, but when I take my full 1500 dose it kicks my butt.  Literally!

I hope you feel better soon.

If you haven't already, check out soulcysters.com.  It's all about pcos.  They have good tips about taking Met.  Personally, it works best for me when I take it all at once right before bed with 2 imodium.

GL!

dx PCOS on Metformin
    Totally worth the wait!
    Getting ready for #2

• image**Papps**:
    imageRileyGrace:

image**Papps**:
    No questions, just sayin yellooooo! :)

Hey lady!  ((hugs))

GL on Monday!

Thank you!

dx PCOS on Metformin
    Totally worth the wait!
    Getting ready for #2

• Hi!

Tks for the post. I dont really have any questions (I'm going the the FF course, so I won't ask anything till I'm done with it) but I am interested in reading other's questions.

• imagetriciaj1:

imageMrs*MichelleB:

LOL! I just linked that below.

I always think of that poor defendent mother when I consider letting my child drive underage. No freaking way.

• imagekscarlett5683:

Hi!

Tks for the post. I dont really have any questions (I'm going the the FF course, so I won't ask anything till I'm done with it) but I am interested in reading other's questions.

The FF tutorial is SO helpful!  GL!

dx PCOS on Metformin
    Totally worth the wait!
    Getting ready for #2

• imageRileyGrace:

Thanks. I have to buy a BBT thermometer (or is it just BBT lol). I dont know if I have the discipline or the memory to take my temperature each morning, but I'm gonna try! LOL

Oh, now that I think of it, I do have a question.....what brand do most ladies buy?

• imagekscarlett5683:
    imageRileyGrace:

Thanks. I have to buy a BBT thermometer (or is it just BBT lol). I dont know if I have the discipline or the memory to take my temperature each morning, but I'm gonna try! LOL

Oh, now that I think of it, I do have a question.....what brand do most ladies buy?

It's easy once you get in the habit.  You can start doing it right away to get used to it, and just "count" it with your new cycle.  I just roll over, stick the thing in my mouth and go back to sleep.  I check the temp after I wake up for real.

I used the Walgreens brand, but I've heard many people have issues with that one.  I've heard the Target brand on is good.  You could also go online and order one, from Amazon for example.  Anyone is fine, but one with recall is great so you can check your temp after you wake back up.

GL!!

dx PCOS on Metformin
    Totally worth the wait!
    Getting ready for #2

• imageRileyGrace:
    imagejesskidd:

Oh honey, I feel your pain!  I take imodium like it's candy.  My body can handle 1000mg, but when I take my full 1500 dose it kicks my butt.  Literally!

If you haven't already, check out soulcysters.com.  It's all about pcos.  They have good tips about taking Met.  Personally, it works best for me when I take it all at once right before bed with 2 imodium.

GL!

Maybe I'll start popping Imodium like its Pez, I've only been taking it when its really bad or I have to go somewhere.

I have been on soulcysters, it was quite helpful after I was dx. Ever since I moved to 1500mg its been a daily pain! Thanks so much for the advice Riley! I appreciate it!

• imagePattypoundcake:
    imagetriciaj1:

imageMrs*MichelleB:

LOL! I just linked that below.

I always think of that poor defendent mother when I consider letting my child drive underage. No freaking way.

I don't see how she didn't kill that other mom. Not bc of just the incident, but bc of what she said after the judgement that "her daughter died because she made stupid decisions".. like handing them keys to a car (leaving them in the car) didn't help that along at all 

• imagejesskidd:
    imageRileyGrace:
    imagejesskidd:

GL!

Maybe I'll start popping Imodium like its Pez, I've only been taking it when its really bad or I have to go somewhere.

I have been on soulcysters, it was quite helpful after I was dx. Ever since I moved to 1500mg its been a daily pain! Thanks so much for the advice Riley! I appreciate it!

Reminder from your local pharmacist.. only take up to 16 a day!! 2 after the first loose stool and then 1 after each following loose stool..  

• imagetriciaj1:
    imagejesskidd:
    imageRileyGrace:
    imagejesskidd:

GL!

Reminder from your local pharmacist.. only take up to 16 a day!! 2 after the first loose stool and then 1 after each following loose stool..  

Haha, thanks tricia! Yes

• imageRileyGrace:

I just roll over, stick the thing in my mouth and go back to sleep.  I check the temp after I wake up for real.

....Anyone is fine, but one with recall is great so you can check your temp after you wake back up.

GL!!

Ooh Good idea!!! I'm such the snooze-bar junkie! Thanks.

• No questions, just wanted to say hi! and I love your pic of Charlotte! Are you going to see the movie?
  • imagelylahlove:
    No questions, just wanted to say hi! and I love your pic of Charlotte! Are you going to see the movie?

Thanks, your pic is so pretty!

I've got girls night out planned for next week, I'm so excited!  I've always loved Charlotte but I love her more now that I'm dealing with IF.

dx PCOS on Metformin
    Totally worth the wait!
    Getting ready for #2

• I'm a newbie to the board but not a newbie to charting (though there's always more to learn!).  I just wanted to say that your siggy pic always makes me feel so happy and festive, Riley! ...and now I'm craving champagne at 10am...well, at least it's Friday Wink
    A possibility was born the day you were born and will live as long as you live.
    CafeMom Tickers .............................. Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Just saying hi. :)
    TTC since 3/2010 3/10 - 12/10: IUIs 1-6 = BFN 3/11: IVF #1 (3DT of 2) = BFP! (Beta #1 @ 14DP3DT = 320; Beta #2 @ 16DP3DT = 745) It's a boy! Rylar Andrew born 12/5/11! So in love. :)image
  • imageRileyGrace:

imagelylahlove:
    No questions, just wanted to say hi! and I love your pic of Charlotte! Are you going to see the movie?

Thanks, your pic is so pretty!

I've got girls night out planned for next week, I'm so excited!  I've always loved Charlotte but I love her more now that I'm dealing with IF.

Well have fun! I'm going on Saturday - I know someone posted here earlier that it wasn't great, but I'm still excited

• imagestaryeyes:
    I'm a newbie to the board but not a newbie to charting (though there's always more to learn!).  I just wanted to say that your siggy pic always makes me feel so happy and festive, Riley! ...and now I'm craving champagne at 10am...well, at least it's Friday Wink

hahaha!  I wish I could sneak champagne into the SATC2 movie!  Too bad I can't drink on my meds or I'd try it!

dx PCOS on Metformin
    Totally worth the wait!
    Getting ready for #2

• Thanks for this!  Here's my question: Is it just me, or does "Watch this thread" not work for sh*t?

Happy almost-weekend!

My BFP Chart

Becoming a better role model for my daughter, one day at a time

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

• imageProcrastinatingBride:

Thanks for this!  Here's my question: Is it just me, or does "Watch this thread" not work for sh*t?

Happy almost-weekend!

I never use that, but I've heard it doesn't often work.  I just check back on the My Posts tab.

dx PCOS on Metformin
    Totally worth the wait!
    Getting ready for #2

• i seriously cannot figure how to add pics in my posts or pics in my siggy Embarrassed

• No question Riley but I did want to say hello and I hope you have a great weekend!

**TTC since 10/2009** **BFP 4/15/12- Dx Molar Pregnancy- Surgery 5/15/12 & 5/22/12** **BFP 1/23/14- 1st Beta (1/24/14) 171 2nd Beta (1/28/14) 860** Pregnancy Ticker

• Hiya and Happy Friday!

One question - I've notived square temps on some people's charts - what's up with those?  I've never seen them on my chart.

Saving money while raising more kids than you bargained for! Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • imagepurple4u:

i seriously cannot figure how to add pics in my posts or pics in my siggy Embarrassed

Read the newbie post in my siggy for the pic in siggy.  I use tinypic.com most of the time, that works best.  You just right click on the picture to get the properties, copy the http address and paste that over to tinypic.  Then copy the code into your siggy profile.

To post a pic in a thread (PIP) you do the same thing (copy the properties) but you click the little picture icon (beside the smiley face) and then copy the code in the page that opens up.  Then it'll post into a thread.

Go give it a try!

dx PCOS on Metformin
    Totally worth the wait!
    Getting ready for #2

• imageMuseumMaven:

Hiya and Happy Friday!

One question - I've notived square temps on some people's charts - what's up with those?  I've never seen them on my chart.

No clue.  I think it might be an override or something.  FF might have that in their FAQs?

dx PCOS on Metformin
    Totally worth the wait!
    Getting ready for #2

• imageyoungin12:
    No question Riley but I did want to say hello and I hope you have a great weekend!

Hey Lady!  ((hugs))

dx PCOS on Metformin
    Totally worth the wait!
    Getting ready for #2

• imageRileyGrace:
    imageMuseumMaven:

Hiya and Happy Friday!

No clue.  I think it might be an override or something.  FF might have that in their FAQs?

It should be in their legend. I believe I remember seeing something about them there.

**TTC since 10/2009** **BFP 4/15/12- Dx Molar Pregnancy- Surgery 5/15/12 & 5/22/12** **BFP 1/23/14- 1st Beta (1/24/14) 171 2nd Beta (1/28/14) 860** Pregnancy Ticker

• clynn58clynn58 member

I am a newbie here and just wanted to say HI !! I hope I can join in here.

I am TTC # 2 and have really long cycles

CafeMom Tickers CafeMom Tickers
  • imageRileyGrace:
    imageMuseumMaven:

Hiya and Happy Friday!

Square Points:
    When you have entered a note or if you check something in the Special data section, the graph will display a square instead of a dot. This is useful to check patterns and symptoms not directly related to charting. Note that this display is not enabled by default. It can be enabled on a chart by chart basis by clicking on the Display Settings link below the chart.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    BFP 3/17/10 Missed M/C Confirmed 4/12/10

MIF+Unexplained DX Feb 2012: Femara+Trigger+IUI=BFP AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • imageclynn58:

I am a newbie here and just wanted to say HI !! I hope I can join in here.

I am TTC # 2 and have really long cycles

Welcome and good luck!  Think about posting an intro when you're ready.

dx PCOS on Metformin
    Totally worth the wait!
    Getting ready for #2

• imageRileyGrace:
    imagepurple4u:

i seriously cannot figure how to add pics in my posts or pics in my siggy Embarrassed

Read the newbie post in my siggy for the pic in siggy.  I use tinypic.com most of the time, that works best.  You just right click on the picture to get the properties, copy the http address and paste that over to tinypic.  Then copy the code into your siggy profile.

To post a pic in a thread (PIP) you do the same thing (copy the properties) but you click the little picture icon (beside the smiley face) and then copy the code in the page that opens up.  Then it'll post into a thread.

Go give it a try!

Thanks!  I played with it a bit, now just need to upload the acutal pic I want from my comp at home! 

• Has anyone had a HSG?  Does it hurt?  I have decided to have this done vs. starting Clomid, my husband is also going in for a SA test. 
  • imageDuck30:
    Has anyone had a HSG?  Does it hurt?  I have decided to have this done vs. starting Clomid, my husband is also going in for a SA test. 

It hurts a bit.  It's like bad AF cramps, but it's over really fast.  Take 4 advil about an hour before.

They insert a speculum, you know what that feels like.  They wash your cervix, I can't feel this.  They insert a catheter, I felt a pinch when they did that.  Then they fill a balloon to keep the cath in place, I got cramps when they did that, then they shoot the dye and take the pictures.  It's over really fast, less then a minute.

I had some cramping afterwards, but nothing more then AF.  I drove myself and was totally fine.  Take your own pad with you, the ones they have are GIANT!  You'll have some leakage and possibly spotting afterwards, but nothing too bad. 

And it's great to get it over with.  Good luck!

dx PCOS on Metformin
    Totally worth the wait!
    Getting ready for #2

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"