St. Louis Babies

St. Louis Pediatricians

My husband and I will be relocating to St. Louis about a month after I give birth to our baby girl.  I am trying to find a good pedatrician or pediatric practice in St. Louis.  In addition, I am also trying to find one that is flexible aboue modified vaccination schedules.

Thanks so much.

Re: St. Louis Pediatricians

• pam1005pam1005 member
    This board is kind of slow, but if you post where you will be living (in St. Louis city or in a surrounding area) you may get some responses.  Also, check out momslikeme.com.  I found my pediatrician by posting on there.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers, Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I'd love some suggestions, too! I'm in the Creve Coeur area... I don't even know where to start
  • Loading the player...
  • pam1005pam1005 member

imagekatiemk:
    I'd love some suggestions, too! I'm in the Creve Coeur area... I don't even know where to start

Oh, we used to live in Creve Couer.  Before we moved to O'Fallon we saw Dr. Cole at Kids Docs (at Olive and Tempo 314-469-2100).  I was sad we had to leave, but it got hard to drive over thirty minutes to take my son.  Their nurses line was fabulous and Dr. Cole was so great with my son.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers, Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • We interviewed Dr. Kaspar at 777 N New Ballas Rd.  It felt like he was a good fit.  Very knowledgeable and nice.  Not sure about the staggering of vaccinations.

Tomorrow we interview another pediatrician by West Co Mall.  Name is Dr. Eaton.  Don't know much about him, but I found his office staff is to be very helpful.

Both docs are affiliated with St John's, but they take a lot of different insurances.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I would definitely recommend Dr. Julia Mayer at St. Luke's hospital.  I love, love, love her and feel so lucky I found her!  She is so nice and will really take the time to discuss your concerns.  I've never once felt rushed through my appointment.  If you have a concern outside of your appointment, she will personally call you back, something I've never experienced with another doctor.  I have followed the Dr. Sears vaccination schedule and she has been great with that.  She has never questioned it or made me feel silly for delaying certain vacinnations.  I can't say enough good things about her.

She is part of a large practice, St. Louis Pediatrics.  I believe there are about 8 other pediatricians there.  I have seen Dr. S. when Dr. Mayer wasn't available and he was great too.  Despite being a larger office, their office runs very smoothly and I'm never in the waiting room for more than a few minutes. 

Here is their website and phone number if you are interested.

https://www.stlpeds.com/index.shtml

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Thanks so much for the information guys!  Dr. Julia Mayer sounds great.

I really appreciate it :)

I will drive longer distances for a good pediatrician.

• nrb4576nrb4576 member
    I was referred by a friend to Dr. Jennifer Arter @ Blue Fish Pediatrics @ Ballas and Manchester. That practice is supposed to be great and very easy access from anywhere mid-county.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • ajanesajanes member

imagenrb4576:
    I was referred by a friend to Dr. Jennifer Arter @ Blue Fish Pediatrics @ Ballas and Manchester. That practice is supposed to be great and very easy access from anywhere mid-county.

We see Dr. Arter and LOVE her!  I drive 30 minutes to see her.  Dr. Eaton (that was mentioned above) is also in the practice.  Their office is great!

• Blue Fish Pediatrics is actually on my list of pediatrician groups to contact next week!

Thanks!

• I just found out that I am pregnant, and need to find an OBGYN in the Illinois side. I live in the Metro East area and the closest Hospitals to me are Memorial and St. Elizabeths. Can anyone recommend a good one in this area. I would really like to avoid a group practice where I don't know what doctor will show up at the birth. I want to know who my doctor is and that he/she will be there for me throughout the whole thing. Help!
  • We see Dr. Mayer as well and LOVE her!!!   We have had to see a few of the other docs when my little one has been sick... but everytime we reminded that we made the best choice with Dr Mayer!
  • imagesmireland:
    I just found out that I am pregnant, and need to find an OBGYN in the Illinois side. I live in the Metro East area and the closest Hospitals to me are Memorial and St. Elizabeths.

If you would be open to a midwife, Sylvia Obernueffeman is probably the best choice. Of all the OB's I have worked with on that side of the river, she is about the most reliable to be there for her patients and not someone else in the practice. She has delivery privileges at both of the hospitals you mentioned. 

https://www.manta.com/c/mtk90j7/obernuefemann-sylvia 

imagepam1005: Also, check out momslikeme.com.  I found my pediatrician by posting on there.

Also another fantastic, busier local board is: https://www.stlouismommies.com/forum/index.php

• We chose Dr. Finn with Blue Fish Peds.  We met with him and felt really good about the decision.  I have heard wonderful things about him and his practice.  It's located just across from West County Mall.  I know Dr. Finn only takes newborn patients but the other doctors are open I think.  Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"