December 2010 Moms

Poll: Your Funny Nickname for your LO

DH and I are HUGE Mad Men fans. In Season 2 one of the characters abandons his dog Chauncy on Madison Avenue. Well DH and I always thought Chauncy was a hilarious name, so we joked that we'd name the baby Chauncy. Even before we were KU. So now we always refer to the baby as "Chauncy" as in "Chauncy is making me all gassy" or "When Chauncy comes..."

Also - we saw this Oscar nominated Short about a musician who says "Chimay" instead of Abracadabra. So "Chimay" is our other code word for the baby.

We are not finding out the sex, so this kid will be "Chauncy" or "Chimay" til it pops out.

Anyone else have a funny name? 

Re: Poll: Your Funny Nickname for your LO

• we're boring- we just call it the peanut- i was calling it the blob by DH didnt like that.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Meatwad (from Aqua Teen Hunger Force) Tom made it up and said its because 1) "thats what it is!" 2) "its funny!"

• Loading the player...
  • imagebiddy53178:
    we're boring- we just call it the peanut- i was calling it the blob by DH didnt like that.

We are even more boring. We call him/her "baby"

• we started calling it dragon when we found cause it had a tail as DH thought it was funny....so even now that there is no tail Dragon is what we still call him/her
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest

Dx MTHFR (C677T & A1298C, Compound Heterozygous)

• We called it "the grape" sometimes.

A friend of mine saw a segment on some Chinese athlete named Ping Ping and her husband was freaking out about the name. So she said when she gets KU hers will be "Ping Ping" and she said he's threatening to name their actual kid that- ha. 

• imagejessrenee11:
    we started calling it dragon when we found cause it had a tail as DH thought it was funny....so even now that there is no tail Dragon is what we still call him/her

I love it! Does anyone watch the show V? When I learned about the tail thats what I thought of:)

• We call it the jellybean, my sister called her LO peanut so I wanted something different. I really wanted to use the tater tot since DH's name is Tait, but he nixed it Stick out tongue So jellybean it is :-)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Dx PCOS 2003...Dx Chronic Hypertension 2006 TTC #1 2009 BFP #1 12/31/09 m/c 1/7/10 6wks BFP #2 03/25/10...DD 11/27/10 6lbs 13oz
  • Dana86Dana86 member
    Ours is the little monster. Dh thought it fit because for a while it made it so I couldnt eat most things, never wanted to eat and made me kind of crabby lol
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Photobucket Even babies love the hounds
  • I love "meatwad" and "dragon" b/c they are both unsentimental and not precious. Bravo!
  • Ours is still the lil chick =) Nothing exciting for us!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker pregnancy week by week
  • DH calls it "double baby double bubble trouble" I dont know kind of an inside joke just works now I call it pea pod or baby
  • We call ours Flipper!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • My DH started calling our LO "Spot"... at first I told him we were not bringing home another dog... but it has stuck... so I even write letters in my blog to Dear Spot
    BFP #1 04/05/10 EDD 12/11/10 Missed M/C 7w found out at 12w5d You're so missed LO BFP #2 11/27/10 EDD 08/07/11.. Diagnosed with IC 03/17/11 Cerclage put in place 03/21/11 Madilynn Mae born 7/26/11
  • imageLuckyladyJ:
    We call ours Flipper!

"They call him flipper, flipper, faster than lightning...."

i carry your heart with me(i carry it in my heart)

Cooper+Evie=Soulmates

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• We call ours Baby Christmas Turtle. I am obsessed with turtles, so at first we were having a baby turtle, but then being due around Christmas, it just kind of evolved...
  • sroszcsroszc member
    Our LO is called Chauncey for now.  Just a funny name we throw out when people would ask (pre-pregnancy) if we've thought of names for our future babies.  It stuck.
    photo 53b360e6-ee99-4f9e-a024-83bbcf2fab7d_zps358d4ab4.jpg Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Zombaby.  She's been Zombaby since day 1.

Which makes things like explaining baby brain and food cravings a lot of fun.  "Zombaby ate my braaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaain"  "Zombaby wants Chineeeeeeeeeeeese!"

• We call our Buds, as in ear buds, leg buds, arm buds.
  • Bobblehead.... well, because that's what he looks like :-)
  • imagelderea:
    We call ours Baby Christmas Turtle. I am obsessed with turtles, so at first we were having a baby turtle, but then being due around Christmas, it just kind of evolved...

I am too! It started a couple years ago with a trip to the tropics- we started collecting turtle figurines everywhere we went. Then, after being diagnosed with infertility DH got me a beautiful sapphire turtle necklace saying that he learned that turtles are the symbol of hope in fertility. I wear it everyday.

i carry your heart with me(i carry it in my heart)

Cooper+Evie=Soulmates

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• DH calls it Zyphoid...in the early stages I read to him out of WTEWYE that our baby is now a Zygote.  A few days later he forgot the word and asked me how his Zyphoid was doing...I thought it was cute!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • DH and I both have first names that start with J, so we've been referring to the baby as Little J.  Totally boring, I know.  Maybe we'll come up with something better as time goes on. 

• Sweetums.

After the muppet baby monster drummer. To be fair, we had just seen the Muppet Baby Bohemian Rhapsody video on youtube and were slightly obsessed with it.

It's kinda cute too. :)

• not boring i call mine blob:) because thats what it look slike, or my little grey smear because thats exactly what it looks like, i dont think it looks like a peanut, My hubby just calls it 'Mine"
  • We've been calling our LO Seamus. 

We actually joked before we were pregnant that this is what we'd name a boy if we ever had one. While we kind of like the name we knew it would drive my mother insane so it stuck. She just can't handle it- it's "too wierd" for her. Big Smile

imageimage
  • This baby is nicknamed "Dois" which is short for "Numero Dois" (number two in Portuguese). We called DD "Bebe" throughout our pregnancy, so we had to come up with a nickname for this baby as well!
    Mom to J (10), L (4), and baby #3 arriving in July of 2015
  • We call our baby Peapo, basically for pea in a pod.
  • DH has been calling our Jethro and it's stuck for me.  He comes up with the worst names for our baby, he's thrown out Critter Skeeter.  I said he can come up with as many names as he wants to now, and then I'll come up with the real name later.
  • we call our's Lil' Robo -- after the nickname for our last name.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"