Babies: 6 - 9 Months
Options

multitude of q's re: 7 monthers

1. lately fay has decided STTN is overrated. sometimes she just cries inconsolably in her sleep. other times she has just rolled into the sides of her crib and wakes herself up. we are up to 3 wakings a night or so. anyone else's LO up all the time now? if i try dropping a daytime nap, might that help?

2. what's your LO's favorite thing/way to play?  

tia! 

Re: multitude of q's re: 7 monthers

• Options

Sleep changes all the time.  Waking up 3 times in a night is really reasonable at this age (IMO).  My LO is sometimes up 2-3 times.  Sometimes he STTN.  Don't sweat it, follow her cues and be patient

LO loves sitting up these days and plays with anything we put in front of him if he gets to sit up

~Working Mom~Breastfeeding Mom~Cloth Diapering Mom~BLW Mom~

Blog - No Longer on the DL ~ The Man Cave
    Shawn and Larissa
    LO #1 - Took 2 years and 2 IVFs ~ DX - severe MFI mild PCOS homozygous MTHFR (a1298c)
    LO #2 - TTC 7 months, surprise spontaneous BFP!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Agh-- we're totally exhausted. She used to sleep 7+ hours straight. It's bearable for the moment, but I'd still like to believe she's going to get through this! I think I understand why my mom always looks worn out in pics from my childhood. :P
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm envious that yours has slept through the night so much. My DS wakes up every night since 3 months with the exception of once or twice - which made me wake up to check on him, lol. I'm totally exhausted and need ideas to get him to sleep! My little man likes to play rough, we lay him on his back and act like we're going to drop a pillow on him, he loves the anticipation.
  • Options

imageBraquet:
    I'm envious that yours has slept through the night so much. My DS wakes up every night since 3 months with the exception of once or twice - which made me wake up to check on him, lol. I'm totally exhausted and need ideas to get him to sleep! My little man likes to play rough, we lay him on his back and act like we're going to drop a pillow on him, he loves the anticipation.

Agh! Okay, so maybe I'm luckier than I thought! :P Ugh. It's totally exhausting, isn't it? I think I'll be making up for sleep deprivation well into my 50s. :) 

• Options

1. My DD seems to sleep worse when she's overtirred (especially if she didn't nap well at daycare).  Have you tried sleep training?  That helped us enormously!  DD usually STTN and occasionally she'll wake up once now.

2.  Right now DD loves playing with a Baby Einstein Little Composer piano, light up stacking rings from Fisher Price, Baby Einstein bendy ball and stuffed animals. 

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

1. Sorry, I'm not much help.  DS has pretty much STTN since 3 months.  He only wakes up now when he's sick.  Our problem lately is waking early.  He sometimes gets up at 5:30, which is still 10.5 hours.

EDIT: DS recently transitioned to 2 naps a day.  The morning nap is about an hour and the afternoon nap is 2-2.5 hours.

2. DS LOVES this toy that grandma got him.  I have another toy he likes too, but can't find a linky.  Basically it has balls that go down a circular ramp and swinging parts.  It plays music and has flashing lights as he moves things.  It's one of the sit, crawl, stand toys.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"