Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

Picked a popular name

It seems that half the posts I read (literally) are by a mommy of a Liam.  So much for picking a name that many others didn't.  My brother told me it's in the top ten right now and Oliver (a middle name) is in the top 20.  Craziness

Re: Picked a popular name

• Options
    If it makes you feel better, I've never met a Liam Smile
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    My sister named one of her 11-month-old twins Liam but I've never met one before that. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I know what you mean.. There are so many moms of Liam's on here, but I've only ever met one aside from my son.
    William 04.12.2010
  • Options
    Yeah, it's weird. I also don't know any Liams, and when I tell people my son's name, the first thing they say is how uncommon it is. Also, I looked all over and never saw it on any Top 10 lists. Where did you see that?
  • Options
    We too thought we were being creative and original...so much for that!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I'm not too concerned, I live in the south and NO one ever even heard of the name down here.  If I was still in NYC, I think I might be worried, lol.  My biggest concern is trying to get people to not pronounce it "Lee-AM" like Leeann, haha.  Either way I don't regret choosing it, DH's name is William, and he didn't want a Jr, so this was a nice compromise :)
    imageimage
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    If I hadn't named my Siamese cat Liam 3 years ago I'd have used the name for my LO.  So don't feel too bad.  Embarrassed
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I live in the South as well and it's not very common down here yet although I have seen a bunch of Liams on these boards!  DH and I just really liked the name and decided not to worry about popularity. 

image image
  • Options

Its top 10. Its popular.

Most I know are William and go by Liam. Did you just name him the nickname or is his name William? That makes a difference to some extent.

• Options
    I have never met a Liam before. If it makes you feel any better.
  • Options
    Yeah, I looked it up. It was #49 last year. 2010 hasn't been counted yet obviously.
  • Options
    I live outside of Boston and you cannot go to the playground without hearing 5 different moms call out "Liam".
    Smiley: April '05 Rocky: May '06 Tex: July '09
  • Options
    I named my DD Sophia which is apparently 3rd on the list but the way I see it is that the percentage of people named Sophia this year still means only 1 in 100 share her name. Since people are trying to be more and more original the popular list doesn't hold the same, "every other person will have this name." like it did in the 90's when everyone was named Michael and Jessica.
  • Options
    I work in a back-up daycare and I've met quite a few Liams (preschool age), but if it makes a difference, I've never met a "bad" one!
  • Options
    Oh, thank you. He is a sweet little boy
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"