Baby Names

Opinions Girl Names

I am not in love with these as of now. Be honest :) All are French and not common...

Soleil (do you know how to pronounce?), Aurelie (Aure-Ay-Lee or like orally?), Ciel, Cosette (too much like cassette?), Faye, Annick (Panic?) Lorraine, Nanette, Renee, Rosemarie and Suzette

Thanks! 

Loss #1 2008, Loss #2 2010, Loss #3 2011, Loss #4 2012, Loss #5 2012
Loss #6 2014 Loss #7 (chemical) 2014

~DS Born! 2009~
~DD Born! 2013~
~DD due! 2015~

Re: Opinions Girl Names

• I'd pronounce Soleil like So-Lay.

Aurelie does sound like "orally" IMO. I like the variation of Aurelia better.

Out of all the names you listed, I like Renee and Rosemarie best. 

S- March 09 E- Feb 12 L- May 15

• I think Soleil is very pretty! I think people would know to pronounce because of Cirque du Soleil. The others I am not crazy about...
  • Loading the player...
  •  I like Renee and Rosemarie best. 
  • Soleil is pronounced Sole-Lay - and it mean sun or sunshine ... There is an actress named Soliel Moon Frey.  She played Punky Bruster and Roxie on Sabrina the Teenage Witch.

I think it's a very pretty name personally. 

• imageManderlin923:

I am not in love with these as of now. Be honest :) All are French and not common...

Soleil (do you know how to pronounce?), Aurelie (Aure-Ay-Lee or like orally?), Ciel, Cosette (too much like cassette?), Faye, Annick (Panic?) Lorraine, Nanette, Renee, Rosemarie and Suzette

Thanks! 

Soleil is pronounced like So-lay, which most people probably know from Cirque du Soleil and Soleil Moon Frye.

I like Renee and Rosemarie from your list. I also like Colette, another French name that is *not* on your list.

Our sweet girl is 3!

Lilypie - (R7Ux)

• erinmserinms member

Most of them are a little too much for me, but I love Cosette, Nanette, Suzette and Rosemarie.

Cosette just seems pretty to me.

Nanette and Suzette are sweet, but also practical because they can be easily shortened to mainstream nns, Nan and Suzy, just in case.

Rosemarie is a solid, gorgeous, traditional name. 

• Soleil = so-LAY it means sun

Aurelie = Aure-Ay-Lee or like orally?

Ciel = no

Cosette = LOVE it

Faye = LOVE it

Annick = LOVE it

Lorraine = uncommon

Nanette = usually a nick name in France

Renee = LOVE it

Rosemarie  = uncommon

Suzette = LOVE it

• imageEllaandLuca:

Soleil is pronounced Sole-Lay - and it mean sun or sunshine ... There is an actress named Soliel Moon Frey.  She played Punky Bruster and Roxie on Sabrina the Teenage Witch.

I think it's a very pretty name personally. 

Yep, I know Punky Brewster and how to pronounce it- just was curious if the everyday person would figure it out :)

Loss #1 2008, Loss #2 2010, Loss #3 2011, Loss #4 2012, Loss #5 2012
    Loss #6 2014 Loss #7 (chemical) 2014

~DS Born! 2009~
    ~DD Born! 2013~
    ~DD due! 2015~

• Soleil = I would have said "So-leel"

Aurelie = Looks gorgeous, but it does sound orally kind of. I would have pronounced it Aure-Ray-Lee though. 

Ciel = Seal? Not a fan. 

Faye = It's okay

Annick = I like Annika, not a fan of Annick. 

Lorraine = It's okay, not a fan overall. 

Nanette = Really don't like the name Nan in any form. 

Renee = Pretty.

Rosemarie = Pretty. 

Suzette = This one could grow on me. 

Blank!
  • I would say So-Lay. I think that Soleil is very pretty and my favorite of all the names you listed.
  • imo: 

Soleil - not my favorite

Aurelie - would remind me of orally

Ciel - seal?  no

Cosette - I like people's suggestion of Colette insetad

Faye, Annick - no

Lorraine, Nanette, - sound like old ladies to me

Renee, Rosemarie and Suzette  - my favorite three

• I pronounce Soleol like So-LAY (like the actress -Moon Frye). I like Cosette (like from Les Mis), Renee, and Suzette. 
    BFP- 08/10/07 M/C- 08/31/07 7wks 6 days BFP- 8/13/10 Audrey 4/26/11 BFP- 10/20/12 M/C- 10/24/12 4wks 2 days
  • MrsCFBMrsCFB member

imagekatana:
    I think Soleil is very pretty! I think people would know to pronounce because of Cirque du Soleil. The others I am not crazy about...

i agree.  i like soleil :)

i am familiar with this name b/c of soleil moon frye (punky brewster). 

• I like Soleil and Cosette the best. I know a baby named Cosette. Her nickname is Cosy. It's sweet. Cutsy while she's little, and grown up enough for later.
  • I speak French, and I think it's odd to name a child Soleil or Ciel.  They sounds like French dog names.

I like Renee the best.  It's very pretty.

• imageMrsCFB:

imagekatana:
    I think Soleil is very pretty! I think people would know to pronounce because of Cirque du Soleil. The others I am not crazy about...

i agree.  i like soleil :)

i am familiar with this name b/c of soleil moon frye (punky brewster). 

All this. It is a very pretty name IMO. I also love Lorraine.

• I've always liked Cosette (after seeing Les Mis).  Renee is okay too.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"