1st Trimester

I *think* I'm pregnant...question

This didn't happen last time...I took an hpt yesterday afternoon and bfn. I took a digital at 6:30 this morning and bfp! An hour later, I took a dollar store test and no line. Huh? Am going to get another test today and take it tomorrow morning. What do you think? Trust the digital and just figure my levels an hour later were just not readable on the $ store test?
"Hello, babies. Welcome to Earth. It's hot in the summer and cold in the winter. It's round and wet and crowded. At the outside, babies, you've got about a hundred years here. There's only one rule that I know of, babies. God damn it, you've got to be kind." - Kurt Vonnegut

Re: I *think* I'm pregnant...question

• False negatives are pretty common. I'd just get another test and wait a few days.
  • Different brands of HPT have different sensitivies to the hormones our bodies produce in pregnancy. I would assume that you're very newly pregnant (probably less than 4 weeks) and the digital you took was more sensitive than the dollar store test. Plus, your first morning urine would contain the most pregnancy hormones since it's been in your body for a while, so if you took the digital with that and then took another test afterwards with urine that hasn't been in your system that long, it's less likely to detect.

You're pregnant. Congrats! Smile

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • SBear12SBear12 member

Trust the digital, or go out and buy a FRER if you would feel better by confirming. The lines on my ICs were soooo faint they were barely there, but it was really, really clear on the FRER.

Oh, and YAY!!!! Big Smile I'm so excited about all these BFPs... when is your due date? Congrats!!

• you have to hold ur urine for 4 hours to have enough HCG this early in your pregnancy.  I am sure the digital is correct.  Congrats.  Also, different brands have different sensitivities. 
    BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I got 7 BFN before I got 2 BFP.
  • I would trust the digital, your urine was probably too diluted an hour later. You can always pee in a cup tomorrow morning then dip several different tests into if you feel the need to take more than one test.
  • It sounds like your pregnant to me! Congrats!
  • Sounds like you're pregnant to me. Congrats!
  • You're pregnant! I did the exact same thing. Took a test- got a BFP, took another one, BFN. Then I held it for two hours and took two more. BFP, BFP!

Congratulations!!!

• Your urine could have been dilluted in the afternoon and 1 hour after taking a previous test...GL and I hope you find your positive answer!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BFP Oct. 2010-MC & D&C Dec. 2010 BFP March 2011-Cooper born Dec. 6, 2011 weighing 9 lbs 1/2 oz. Suprise BFP May 27th 2012 - Sawyer born Jan. 20, 2013 weighing 8 lbs 9 oz. ?
  • ReeseMReeseM member
    I got 3 bfps, including a digital, and am still testing negative on $$ tree. I think they are just not as sensitive as people think. You are pregnant!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • It's because you should be using your first morning urine especially if you are very early on because of the sensitivity of the tests. That's why you got your BFP with your first morning urine and BFNs when it wasn't.?
  • Erbear how are you!!!!!!!!!!!

Some tests are more sensitive..get an EPT

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • I'd trust the reading with FMU!! You're pregnant!

Go get a FRER and test again tomorrow to be sure if you want! Congrats!

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • You're pg as other posters have said. Start treating yourself like you're pg and re-test in a few days. I got BFN's for three days with HPT, before getting a BFP and I was prety damn sure I was pg with #2. 

• Congrats!  Different tests have different sensitivities... also FMU is most accurate for pregnancy tests.  Test again tomorrow morning.
  • Morning urine is the most accurate!

Sounds pregnant to me! 

• I didn't get a visible line (meaning a line you could see without taking the test apart and holding it in the light) until days after my postive. 

I doubt the digital could be inaccurate, but I understand you want to check again.  I say forget the $ store and pee on another digital or a FRER. 

Congrats!!

• just make and appt for the doctors and have them give you a test thats the easiest !

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"