1st Trimester

nausea/food aversions

Anyone else have food aversions/get nauseaus now on foods they used to love?  I used to love sweets & chocolate & now they make me sick.  This stage is definitely rough.  Eating just isn't the same.  Nothing tastes/smells the same:(

Re: nausea/food aversions

• yes, absolutely everything!

i am a very healthy eater and vegetables, lean protein and eggs are all sickening! :) 

• I have days where I'm fine and days were I can't think of one thing I want to eat....and yeah I have the chocolate aversion...which is SOO weird!!
  • Loading the player...
  • I have days when I can try to think of what I am "in the mood for" and I do not want ANYTHING! I have to force myself to pick something and just eat it
  • I feel nausea constantly, so nothing sounds good to me right now.  I am trying desperately to eat healthy foods, but when I do want to eat, it's usually ice cream or something equally unhealthy.  I used to love fish, and now I can't even think about it without feeling like I might get sick.  I'm hoping this will subside by the 2nd trimester!

• imagebostoartteacher:

yes, absolutely everything!

i am a very healthy eater and vegetables, lean protein and eggs are all sickening! :) 

Glad I'm not the only one!  Veggies and poultry gross me out.  Eggs are ok.  My mom thinks I'm faking it... Yup mom, I'm faking a food aversion so I can't eat veggies or chicken...honestly

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Oh yeah. I couldn't eat veggies until last weekend. Especially cooked ones *gag*

Hibachi is one of my fave foods and the thought of it turns my stomach, even now. 

• Mashed potatoes, milk, ranch dressing....Ick!, and Crying

Daisypath Vacation tickers
  • I doubt it will last long, but any kind of fast food has not been sounding good.  It would actually be a great thing if that aversion did stick around.  I love me a double cheeseburger and fries from McDs, but even when I'm hungry, it just doesn't sound good. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Anything Italian for me. I can't smell it or think about it without getting nauseas. 

I also had my first out of the blue craving last week- Thanksgiving food. I was making yams at 9 o'clock Wednesday night.  

• I can still eat chicken. In fact, there are days when a rotisserie chicken from the grocery store is the only thing I want, along with mac n cheese. I used to eat a lot of cottage cheese, oatmeal and tofu, and those I can't stand anymore. I haven't tried fish yet either, but that's not sounding very appealing.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I just started feeling the nausea a few days ago and it's slowly getting worse so when I get hungry I automatically feel sick and nothing sounds good. When I do eat all I want is carbs, mashed potatoes, mac and cheese and pasta. I was on a health food kick when I found out I was pregnant so I just keep telling myself that I'm making up for all the times I had to skip the good stuff :)
  • I can't go avocados and guacamole anymore.  It makes me sad.
  • I was craving Thanksgiving food the other day and my husband went to the store and bought me a Marie Callender's turkey and stuffing meal!  And it.  was.  good.
  • Nothing sounds good at all. I have to make it a point to eat, or else I won't. Also, chocolate smells funky to me ( currently, normally I dig it).
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"