3rd Trimester

How much sex to encourage soft cervix?

How much sex is really needed? We've been trying for every night, and I am getting induced next Wednesday. So far my cervix is considered "unfavorable"!

Help? :o)

Re: How much sex to encourage soft cervix?

• do it like rabbits! haha.. that's about all i can think of!
  • Sex is just like every other "natural induction" method, it isn't going to throw you into actual labor unless your body is ready.  Doesn't hurt to keep trying though.
  • Loading the player...
  • Someone had posted that their doc told them at least 3 times in 24 hours to produce enough prostaglandins to help. We tried but just couldn't quite make it!
    imageimage
  • imagestella_blu:
    Someone had posted that their doc told them at least 3 times in 24 hours to produce enough prostaglandins to help. We tried but just couldn't quite make it!

Wow.... lol I can't see that happening. I guess we'll just do it once a day, more than that is just work and not fun anymore, lol!

• imageTexasmom410:

imagestella_blu:
    Someone had posted that their doc told them at least 3 times in 24 hours to produce enough prostaglandins to help. We tried but just couldn't quite make it!

Wow.... lol I can't see that happening. I guess we'll just do it once a day, more than that is just work and not fun anymore, lol!

i thought i was the only one who thought this way!! haha.. thank GOD.

• imagestella_blu:

Holy sh!t!! We hate even doing it once a day anymore I would die if we were trying to go at it 3 times a day 

• If I had to do it three times a day in my current condition I would kill myself.
  • Sex never sends me into labor... but for some reason, eating pineapple does! lol
  • We did it a few times a day for 4 days with DS and went from totally closed up like Ft. Knox to 1.
    TTC #3 with PCOS. Long cycles, ovulate about 4-5 times a year Married 6/9/07 DS 7/15/08 Met RE 12/08 DD 6/2/10
  • doesn't EPO do the same thing??  So try sex once a day and insert the EPO at night to help things along.  DH and I had sexy time last night and I cannot fathom 3x's a day, no thanks...stay put little man!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"