Babies: 3 - 6 Months

3 month old only eating 2 oz at a time?

Anyones elses 3 month old fight the feedings.  It takes all my might to get her to eat 2 oz.  I used to feed her the other 2 oz an hour later but she wont even take it then.  So I have been trying to hold her off for four hours so she will eat but she STILL took 2 oz only and then I basically forced the other 2 on her (she was gagging and all poor thing!)  She only gets 20 oz tops all day!  But she is a chunker and is gaining weight.  Her pedi isnt too concerned but not in love with her pedi either.  Anyone else?
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: 3 month old only eating 2 oz at a time?

• My baby isn't a big eater. He is 4 1/2 months and only eats 4-5 ounces every 3-4 hrs. His doctor isn't concerned so I try not to worry. Just be sure to talk with your doctor, they may reccomend trying rice cereal or something for more calories if necessary.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Some days 2 oz is enough to fill my little guy up.  He's EBF so I don't know how much he's getting at the boob but he's been a distracted eater lately so when he gets a bottle he usually only takes around 2 oz.
  • Loading the player...
  • My LO went through a growth spurt last week where he thought he needed to eat 4x a night plus an extra bottle during the day...he used to eat 4oz of BM every 2-2.5hrs, but ever since the growth spurt he really only wants to eat 3 or so oz's and not as often. Don't know what the deal is, but I'm sure it will change in a week like everything else does. :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I BF but when I work (20hrs a week) my DD gets bottles of pumped milk and she eats 2oz every 2-3 hours. She is a small baby(5th%) but is growing right on track. She is always satisfied with her bottles and is usually falling asleep for the last bit of it. But- just in case her eating habbits change (they haven't since she was 3 months old) I always send her with extra milk. I say if your LO is healthy and staying on its growth curve then don't be concerned.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"