2nd Trimester

Am I being cheap?

We need to get a new infant seat for the baby (we used the same seat for DS and DD so not only is it worn out but it's past it's use date).  Is it tacky if I get a new infant seat but not stroller and just use the infant seat for the current stroller we have (like the combo stroller/infant seat set but not buy the set - if I can even do that).  I am thinking it would look tacky to not have them matching but I am trying to be cost effective :o)  Really it would be a few months that both are used as combo until she can hold herself up, after that I would just sit her in the stroller without infant seat.  What are your thoughts?
Mommy to DS1 ~10.11.05~ DD1 ~07.22.07~ DD2 ~09.10.10~

Re: Am I being cheap?

• Definitely get a new car seat, but if you want to save the money then I see no reason to replace the stroller. You could always just get a snap n go instead if you're worried about it matching. (Keep the old stroller for when baby is bigger though)
  • I would use the mismatched set, and if anyone actually had the balls to comment on it, I would tell them that my child's safety was more important than his/her fashion sense at that age.

I don't think it's a big deal at all.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • imagefloridakat:

I would use the mismatched set, and if anyone actually had the balls to comment on it, I would tell them that my child's safety was more important than his/her fashion sense at that age.

Yes

• If the stroller is still in good, working condition, I see no reason for the added expense of a travel system.  However, if you want a new stroller, you can pick them up at yard sales relatively cheap.
  • Really, if you got a solid colored seat, I doubt most people would even notice whether they matched.

Unless you had a bright pink print and a bright orange one or something, most people don't pay attention to those kind of things.

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to be over, it's about learning how to dance in the rain." -Unknown

Married 3-1-08  |  Nathan 11-24-08  |  Kaelyn 11-30-10  |  Alicia  8-17-13

• imagefloridakat:

I would use the mismatched set, and if anyone actually had the balls to comment on it, I would tell them that my child's safety was more important than his/her fashion sense at that age.

Yes

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • KRB8KRB8 member
    I think that's fine. A new car seat is a must. My infant car seat won't match my stroller since we aren't using a travel system. I don't think LO will mind.
  • imageCelticWife:

Really, if you got a solid colored seat, I doubt most people would even notice whether they matched.

Unless you had a bright pink print and a bright orange one or something, most people don't pay attention to those kind of things.

..and if they do, and say something about it, tell them they can buy you one if it bothers them that badly. If the stroller is in good condition, there's no reason to get a new one.

• we'll be using a mismatched set this time around. for the opposite reason. Our stroller broke and had to be replaced with DS and we went to get the same one so the carseat would match and it was replaced by a newer model. No big deal to me,the car seat snaps in and the pattern isnt overly off that it would look bad, the colors are the same with a different pattern. i see no need to replace something that doesnt need replacing, save the money and spend it on something you will need.
  • Who cares is people think you are cheap, if the stoller is in good condition then only replace the car seat. Why spend all this extra money that can go in a college fund Wink
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagefloridakat:

Ditto!

• Like the baby is going to notice and/or care if the carseat and stroller match?

But then, I'm REALLY cheap, since we have our stroller (found it, like everything else just about so far, at a yard sale) and are still trying to find a carseat that I like. *shrug* If people are that picky, tell them they can pay for everything for a baby. It's definetly NOT cheap.

• anyone who would say something about it not matching is a WEIRDO in my opinion and really needs to get a LIFE.
  • Girl, that's not being cheap, that's being SMART!!! Don't worry about it not matching, like everyone else has said, anyone who would comment on something like that is 1) super rude and 2) either really lame with no life and/or really really snobby (I cannot stand a snob!!!!)
  • If the stroller isn't broken I see no problem continue using it. I don't see anything wrong w/ continuing to use something that works.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"