2nd Trimester
Options

emb. cord tangle

we had a 4d ultrasound yesterday at 15 weeks and noticed the emb cord wrapped around the babys thigh... just wondering if it will untangle on its own or ifs a reason to worry. Called and told the doc and haven't heard back yet!

Re: emb. cord tangle

• Options

My first thought was that you meant it was in a knot, which could be a cause for concern.

When DS was born, it was wrapped around his head, then again around his torso. It really should not be an issue. The cord is really long (wait until you see it after you deliver) and is generally wrapped around some part of the baby. But I wouldn't call it "tangled."

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to be over, it's about learning how to dance in the rain." -Unknown

Married 3-1-08  |  Nathan 11-24-08  |  Kaelyn 11-30-10  |  Alicia  8-17-13

• Options
    Allie30Allie30 member

when i had my 13 wk sono, i saw the cord wrapped around, at various times: the thigh, the waist, the hands, and the neck. At one point, she (we didn't now it was a she then) had it in her hands and was chewing on it. CHEWING ON IT.

I asked the doctor if that was okay and he said, "Oh, it's a good sign. Look at those motor skills!" LOL

Guess she doesn't have teeth, so it's not like she can chew through it. ;-)

It's only when they are really big and dont have as much room to move around that "tangling" is an issue. 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageAllie30:

when i had my 13 wk sono, i saw the cord wrapped around, at various times: the thigh, the waist, the hands, and the neck. At one point, she (we didn't now it was a she then) had it in her hands and was chewing on it. CHEWING ON IT.

I asked the doctor if that was okay and he said, "Oh, it's a good sign. Look at those motor skills!" LOL

Guess she doesn't have teeth, so it's not like she can chew through it. ;-)

It's only when they are really big and dont have as much room to move around that "tangling" is an issue. 

Must be quite tasty!! LOL 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Did they tell you it was wrapped around the thigh or did you notice this yourself?
    Pregnancy Ticker

DS1 12-31-1999, DS2 5-7-2008, DS3 8-3-2010
  • Options
    The tech pointed it out!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"