3rd Trimester

WDYD, itchy stretch marks?

I'm starting to get my first pregnancy stretch marks.. and they itch like the devil!! It's not pupps, it's just from the skin being dry and from stretching out.

I was wondering what you ladies use to calm the itch? Have you found any nice hydrating lotion that also helps with the itch? I've gotta find something :) lol. Thanks in advance!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  

BabyFetus Ticker  
Ashley, DH: Paul
Angel Baby: March 09
#1-BFP: 11.17.09~EDD: 7.21.10~Tristan born 7.13.10 via unnecessary c-sec
#2-BFP: 3.17.14~EDD: 11.28.14~ It's A Girl!~Shooting for a VBAC
                    Image and video hosting by TinyPic image   Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: WDYD, itchy stretch marks?

• I don't have stretch makrs but I've found that keeping it well moisturized really helps cut down the itch. I use St. Ives Intensive Healing lotion and it has helped so much. I put it on twice a day and it's really helped with itch.
  • I use Palmer's cocoa butter oil-its in a spray bottle.  It works pretty well for itchiness and also make a decent massage oil.
    Baby #3 is on the way!

BabyFruit Ticker

Also Mama to Max 5/21/10 and Lucy 6/18/12
  • Loading the player...
  • imagelaurasue:
    I don't have stretch makrs but I've found that keeping it well moisturized really helps cut down the itch. I use St. Ives Intensive Healing lotion and it has helped so much. I put it on twice a day and it's really helped with itch.

I've been using just baby lotion, and it doesn't quite moisturize enough. I think I'm going to have to try something similar to that. Ty, that gives me an idea of something to try :).

BabyFetus Ticker  
                        Image and video hosting by TinyPic image   Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • kg_08kg_08 member
    I've always used the Curel Pregnancy and Motherhood Cream. It's really smooth, and keeps my skin hydrated for quite a while. It's also not expensive, I think I got it at Walmart.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagekg_08:
    I've always used the Curel Pregnancy and Motherhood Cream. It's really smooth, and keeps my skin hydrated for quite a while. It's also not expensive, I think I got it at Walmart.

Ooh that sounds good :). Made specifically for pregnancy lol. I'll have to check it out. Ty!

BabyFetus Ticker  
  • I've been using Palmers cocoa butter for stretch marks in the morning, and Bio Oil at night. It really helps to cut down the itchiness. My skin is really soft now too.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageBandia12:

imagelaurasue:
    I don't have stretch makrs but I've found that keeping it well moisturized really helps cut down the itch. I use St. Ives Intensive Healing lotion and it has helped so much. I put it on twice a day and it's really helped with itch.

I've been using just baby lotion, and it doesn't quite moisturize enough. I think I'm going to have to try something similar to that. Ty, that gives me an idea of something to try :).

No prob! It also really improved the consistency/smoothness of other areas of skin, like my legs. I'm totally sold on this lotion! It's improved my skin condition to better than what I had before pregnancy, even during our dry Colorado winter.

• Lucky you to be just getting them!!  I have had mine for awhile, but the past few days I must be getting new ones or something.  My belly has itched SO bad that it literally wakes me up at night!  I have been scratching so much that I have created big bumpy marks all over!  Anyway, my sister is an RN and she made this paste out of smashed alka-seltzer and water that I put all over my belly.  It stung on the raw parts, but I have been itch-free since Friday night.  The creams & lotions didn't TOUCH my itch though!  If you can manage it with lotion, go for it!  I'm gonna talk to my OB tomorrow to make sure I'm not developing the pregnancy rash...
  • i use palmers coco butter.that works for me.
  • i just started using caladryl clear (calamine lotion) that you would use on insect bites-- my itchiness is bad and this is the only thing that helps!
  • Ty all for your input :). I'm sure one of your ideas will help lol.

BabyFetus Ticker  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"