Hope ?

Faith

Liberty?

Joy?

?

Boys?

Justice?

Re: Thoughts on Grace, Hope, Faith etc

• I personally love all of them.  I have never heard Justice as a boy name though.  I know two girls IRL with that name.   Most of those are used as middle names too for some reason!
  • I like Grace as a first or middle name. I really like Faith too, but mainly as a middle name. I wouldn't use it as a first name.

The others are nms. Liberty is the worst.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Logan David 03.27.08
    Jacob Riley 05.18.09
    {Member since 2007}
  • Loading the player...
  • I like them all except for Liberty and Justice. I just wouldn't use more than one of them for your kids. Siblings named Hope and Faith would be totally cheesy.
    S- March 09 E- Feb 12 L- May 15

• tct1219tct1219 member
    nms but i like grace the most, the others are too cheesy for me. i wouldn't use grace because of how common it is, though.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagesunnyday016:
    I like them all except for Liberty and Justice. I just wouldn't use more than one of them for your kids. Siblings named Hope and Faith would be totally cheesy.

all of these things!

"Even miracles take a little time"

• while nms, I like them all- though liberty is a bit too... not a name?... for my taste.

A friend who works in a hospital actually said they always joke about babies named these names (grace, hope, mercy). She said about 95% of the time, the mom chooses the name because she almost died/near death exp./complications/etc... I was surprised, but she said rarely does she see those names given when chosen ahead of time. Not that this should sway you in any way- just thought it was interesting. :)

• Faith is cool - thats my sister's name (no middle name). Liberty is too.... I don't know. I think as a teenager or young woman she'd have trouble with guys wanting to take Liberty from her... sorry ;-(
    BabyName Ticker
  • Liberty and Justice are way NMS.

The rest are very nice alone, but very cheesy as a collection.

• I think they are ok. Personally, I would lean towards those names more as a mn. Also, I agree with pp that I would not use them for a sibling set... seems a little cheesy that way.
  • My step-dad's family is strict Baptist, so a lot of these names remind me of them. I'm not such a big fan of this style of naming...maybe it's because the ones I have met are super strict religiously or their complete opposite.  (that said, my name is Angel and I love it). I know a few boys named Justice and the spelling I never quite got, Justus, so it's not bad. Grace is pretty secular, so I think it speaks to everyone. It's also a really popular name, especially as a middle name, so more people are comfortable with it. I would avoid Liberty. Makes her sound like Wonder Woman. :)

Married! | July 15, 2005 | It's a Girl! | January 31, 2009 | It's a Girl! | July 21, 2011
    Heavens to Murgatroyd Blog
    Unofficial Baby Names Sticky Note: New and Old| Local Bumpie Website image
  • I love ALL the girl names A LOT! I think they are beautiful and graceful.

We know a Liberty and they call her Libby.

I do not like Justice.

• Sounds like you're expecting the baby to emerge from the womb, thumping a bible, draped in an American flag. Not a fan of any of those.
  • grace hope and faith are fine. 

• I like Joy and Grace if you are thinking first names.  Hope and Faith would be more middle names for me.  Others I don't care for.
  • Grace is pretty, but just too popular for me :) I love Hope and Faith. I wanted to name a daughter Hope, but with my last name it sounds like hokey pokey haha. All of the women named Joy that I have ever known are super sweet, but it is nms.

My cousin's mn is actually Liberty...but she was born on the fourth of July.

• hopeannhopeann member

My name is Hope and I always get compliments on it.  I am also one of those babies who wasn't going to be named Hope until I almost didn't make it.

• Liberty and Justice are way NMS. The others are way to common?especially as a MN.
    BabyFruit Ticker
    BFP#4 1/19/13 ~ due 10/2/13 ~ hoping for our rainbow baby!
    BFP#3 8/14/12 ~ missed m/c ~ D&C 9/25/12 at 10w1d
    Hannah-10/25/08
  • MrsMeMoMrsMeMo member
    image07bride:

WDYT of these names?

Girls

Grace - we'll be using Savannah Grace

Hope - not bad, not great

Faith - ehhhh, nah

Liberty - horrible

Joy - not bad, not great

Boys