3rd Trimester

GBS Test and C-section?

Possibly a dumb question, but I remember having to do the GBS test at 36w I think with DD.  However, this time I know I'll be having a c-section.  My Dr. didn't mention it at my 34w appointment and I forgot to ask.  For you c-section mamas, do you still get this test done?

Re: GBS Test and C-section?

• I got tested for my second eventhough I knew it was a c-section too. I think if anything it's done as a precaution. You never know if the kid decides to fly out of you- lol (I never had that luck lol)
  • imageVandRicky:
    I got tested for my second eventhough I knew it was a c-section too. I think if anything it's done as a precaution. You never know if the kid decides to fly out of you- lol (I never had that luck lol)

I make some monster babies so I think even if I pushed with all my might, there is no way this baby could fly out!  LOL.  My Dr. said Friday that even if I went into labor on my own before the scheduled section that he wouldn't feel comfortable going for a VBAC b/c this baby is so big (DD was 10 lbs!)

• Loading the player...
  • Yes, This is my second C-section and I was tested at 36wks.
  • yes! I was told in case blood mixes during delivery
    TTC #3 with PCOS. Long cycles, ovulate about 4-5 times a year Married 6/9/07 DS 7/15/08 Met RE 12/08 DD 6/2/10
  • imagetessab2515:

imageVandRicky:
    I got tested for my second eventhough I knew it was a c-section too. I think if anything it's done as a precaution. You never know if the kid decides to fly out of you- lol (I never had that luck lol)

I make some monster babies so I think even if I pushed with all my might, there is no way this baby could fly out!  LOL.  My Dr. said Friday that even if I went into labor on my own before the scheduled section that he wouldn't feel comfortable going for a VBAC b/c this baby is so big (DD was 10 lbs!)

It doesn't matter how big your babies are, you'll still be tested.
  • I was still tested, but was told it doesn't really matter since I would be getting antibiotics before surgery anyway.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageRivieraMaya05:
    imagetessab2515:

imageVandRicky:

It doesn't matter how big your babies are, you'll still be tested.
    I know size has nothing to do with it. I was just wondering if you knew you were not having a vaginal birth. I wasn't sure if that was where the risk was.
  •   My doctor wanted to test me too for it and I told him I didnt want it done. 3rd Csection for me.  
  • They should test you for GBS even if you are having a scheduled c-section.  There is a chance (although very small) that GBS can be passed to LO during delivery even in a c-section so it is important to know if your child needs to be watched for a reaction.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"