Baby Names

WDYT of Avery?

Re: WDYT of Avery?

• mama31mama31 member
    I like it, but think it is a little trendy.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • It's terribly trendy. For that reason alone I wouldn't even consider it, but if you love it, it does come with the benefit of going with LOTS of middle names. Really, you could hardly choose wrong, there.
  • Loading the player...
  • I think of it as a boy's name.
    IVF w/ ICSI #2 - fraternal twins born December 2010 at 36 weeks.
  • Love Avery, for a girl or boy. As pp said, you could hardly go wrong choosing a mn. I would just avoid anything also ending in -y.

• Avery sounds like a girls name to me. I've never met anybody with that name.  Is it popular?
  • I love it. It was one of our top picks for a girl.

We were going to go with one of these combos:

Avery Renee

Avery Alice

Avery Sophia

• I dont like it for a girl or a boy. 

Avery Elizabeth, Nicole, Jane, Michelle.. I was going to suggest Avery Kate but i see your little one is already Cate. She is absolutely adorable by the way!

• My 16 year old son went to school with a boy named Avery.  My 13 year old step-daughter had a friend in school named Avery that was a girl.

I don't know anyone that's used the name recently, but it is the name that I am using most likely.  I do think of the office supplies though Avery-Dennison

I also want to use the name Dana, but it sounds better as Dana Avery, and I wanted Avery first... so I'm a little stuck.

I love the name though.

• I like it, but I think it's kind of matchy-matchy with Audrey.
    S- March 09 E- Feb 12 L- May 15

• Horribly trendy 
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • acesupacesup member

i love it. it ws on my list but DH didnt like it. 

i think Avery Lynn would be pretty. 

• Cute but very trendy.
  • a little too common nowadays (also the name of Dr Phil's new granddaughter, and a main character on 30 Rock, just FYI!)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • NMS.  I think of the labels whenever I hear that name.
  • I like it a lot but it is becoming quite popular. I considered in for a MN.
    My 2 girls, both born on a Friday the 13th, are exactly 2 years, 2 months, 2 hours and 2 minutes apart! And Baby Boy joined us October 11, 2013! image
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Super-trendy, and I still think of it as a boys' name.
  • It's NMS- too masculine for me to use- but it's not nearly as bad as 99% of the unisex names out there.

I think it's too close to Audrey and I, frankly, think Audrey is a lovely girly name and Avery kind of sounds gender confused next to it.  

• I think it's too trendy as well.  Otherwise I love it for a girl.  It was traditionally a boy's name but I disagree with it being too masculine.  I think it is very feminine.  I would never use it for a boy.
  • Love Avery for a girl. It was on our list of girls' names. If we would have used it, we would have gone with Avery Elizabeth.
  • I agree with it being a little trendy, but it is our first daughter's middle name and I absolutely love it! We get a lot of compliments on her name. I like the middle name Sophia for Avery. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"