Birth Stories

Maddox's birth story (long)

I was due May 1st but my due date came and went. The OB wanted to see me on the 4th to have a NST and an u/s to check my fluids around the baby. I still hadnt dilated past a fingertip at this point. At all of my appt's the 3 different MWs and the OB at my office all thought he was head down when they felt from the outside. And during my internals they all said they could feel his head. Well, at my U/S we found out he was breech! So there went my hopes of a natural birth. So we scheduled the c/s for the 7th. 

On the 5th, I finally started to feel my first contractions. Went to L&D at 5-7 mins apart but they slowed down a little so we went home.  The contractions continued from then on. On the morning of the 7th, I had my alarm set for 3:50 am to get up and ready for the c/s, but my water broke at about 3:40 am. 

By the time we got to the hospital at 4:15 my contractions were every 2-3 mins apart. We went up and got hooked up to monitors and got my IV going. I was 2-3 cm.  I got 2 shots of something to stop my contractions but it didnt work at all and either did the pain meds through the iv.  They kept on coming. They came at 7 to take me to the OR and I was contracting every 1-2 mins and was 6 cm!

The spinal was sweet sweet relief. I was terrified for a c/s but in the end I am glad it happened that way. Maddox was born at 7:47 am- 8lbs 13 oz and 21.5 inches.

Re: Maddox's birth story (long)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"